• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

We all have to go back to the basics.

Older women need to be teaching the younger women and the Older men need to be teaching the younger men.

not just the "spiritual" stuff, but life stuff....

Women need to teach the girls about life, what is right and what is not right. How to dress, and how not to dress, how to act in the company of men (and boys) and how not to act.

Men need to teach the boys about life also, how to treat a lady (girl) properly, how to dress, how to act in the company of other men and how to act in the company of women and girls.

I do not care if it is a fad and it is accepted among everyone else and i do not care if "everyone" is doing it, a person showing off their backside, or their bodies is not good... I do not care to see what has been tagged as "plumbers crack" from girls or guys, that is just gross..... I do not wish to know what kind of undies a person is wearing (or not wearing) when they are walking down the mall, or even the aisle at church. again, this is just gross.

I donot care to see some one having to continually hike up their britches cause they are to ignorant to wear a belt or suspenders...... I do not feel that a person that is continually pulling at their cloths to try and keep what little covered covered, is very annoying and distacting during a service.

if a person is wearing so little that they have to continually adjust their clothes to stay covered, they need to re-think their clothing choices.... MEN AND WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does not matter if the skirt is long or medium length, it should cover everything that is needed to be covered when in a standing and/or a sitting position.... whether on stage where a chair is above eye level or below eye level of other people.

other area's of training that need to be looked at is the way people touch other people, not realizing that they may actually be offending some one else..... this, again, should be taught by the same gender.... men teaching men, women teaching women.......

men should be taught how to greet (properly) other men and also women in public...

women shoulld be taught how to greet (properly) other women and also men in public....

in church, it seems that there is really toooooooooo much hugging going on..... and how many of the hugs are actually attempts to be groppers????

Men! becareful about greeting women, it would be better to go back to the ways of proper ediquet....

when a woman is being introduced to a man, there is no contact unless she first offers her hand..... that's right, HER HAND..... at which time, it maybe taken by the man and held in a firm but light hold then bow slightly and then release the hand........(not even a kiss is needed and no hugs either) this would prevent other men from becoming jealous of one man, or a husband or fiance becoming jealous. it would also keep other women from becoming upset with their husbands.........

men greeting men, could be a good firm handshake (come on, no limp fish handshakes, but dont try and break the other persons hand either......)

if a person is to hug, it needs to be taught that it should be only for those that are closely related or extreemly good friends..... not just for every passerby......

kisses? husband to wife........ father to ones own child...... mother to ones own child..... after that, there really should not be man to child that is not theirs nor woman to child that is not theirs..... if a person does this, it gives mixed information to the children as to who they can, and can not talk with, hug, kiss, go with so forth and so on.....

should we become puritains????? maybe that would not be such a bad idea, would help keep some people pure.... erroring on the side of caution and legalism, but not being so legalistic that we build a doctrine out of actions forgettting why we are there to begin with.....

boys should be taught to respect girls and women, as they would their own mother and sister(s), as the Word of God teaches us to do for each other.....

GIRLS!!!! EXPECT TO BE TREATED LIKE A WOMAN, not a harlot, if a boy wants something, tell him flat out N0...

even if he trys to use the ploy of " If you really love me..........." nothing but a ploy...... for if he really loves you, he will not ask to begin with.... and if he happens to fall to that..... he would prove his love by not pushing or asking again...... EVER....... until marriage...... .if he threatens to leave you if you dont...... show him the door......

guys.....

DONT ASK, DONT PUSH, DONT THREATEN, BE A PROPER GENTILEMAN......

there are manythings that need to be taught that are no longer being taught, to either the young men or the young women...... things that need to be brought back into our culture.....

blessings to all

mike

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

If only more did teach that way. :emot-questioned:

Only I think hugs are a good thing in many ways for people.

As is discernment! Of course.

God Bless,

elkie

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

On Wednesday night I met a younger man and his wife at church. He and she were both crack addicts who accepted Jesus Christ as saviour about a month ago.

I introduced myself to the man and he bent over, hugged me and kissed my cheek! I was honoured and blessed by that! He is so full of exuberant joy and gratefulness for his salvation and the love of Christ that it bubbles forth easily! So it should with all of God's children toward one another!

I think that is about as basic as you can get! :emot-questioned:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

Older women need to be teaching the younger women and the Older men need to be teaching the younger men.

not just the "spiritual" stuff, but life stuff....

Women need to teach the girls about life, what is right and what is not right. How to dress, and how not to dress, how to act in the company of men (and boys) and how not to act.

Men need to teach the boys about life also, how to treat a lady (girl) properly, how to dress, how to act in the company of other men and how to act in the company of women and girls.

I do not care if it is a fad and it is accepted among everyone else and i do not care if "everyone" is doing it, a person showing off their backside, or their bodies is not good... I do not care to see what has been tagged as "plumbers crack" from girls or guys, that is just gross..... I do not wish to know what kind of undies a person is wearing (or not wearing) when they are walking down the mall, or even the aisle at church. again, this is just gross.

I donot care to see some one having to continually hike up their britches cause they are to ignorant to wear a belt or suspenders...... I do not feel that a person that is continually pulling at their cloths to try and keep what little covered covered, is very annoying and distacting during a service.

if a person is wearing so little that they have to continually adjust their clothes to stay covered, they need to re-think their clothing choices.... MEN AND WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It does not matter if the skirt is long or medium length, it should cover everything that is needed to be covered when in a standing and/or a sitting position.... whether on stage where a chair is above eye level or below eye level of other people.

other area's of training that need to be looked at is the way people touch other people, not realizing that they may actually be offending some one else..... this, again, should be taught by the same gender.... men teaching men, women teaching women.......

men should be taught how to greet (properly) other men and also women in public...

women shoulld be taught how to greet (properly) other women and also men in public....

in church, it seems that there is really toooooooooo much hugging going on..... and how many of the hugs are actually attempts to be groppers????

Men! becareful about greeting women, it would be better to go back to the ways of proper ediquet....

when a woman is being introduced to a man, there is no contact unless she first offers her hand..... that's right, HER HAND..... at which time, it maybe taken by the man and held in a firm but light hold then bow slightly and then release the hand........(not even a kiss is needed and no hugs either) this would prevent other men from becoming jealous of one man, or a husband or fiance becoming jealous. it would also keep other women from becoming upset with their husbands.........

men greeting men, could be a good firm handshake (come on, no limp fish handshakes, but dont try and break the other persons hand either......)

if a person is to hug, it needs to be taught that it should be only for those that are closely related or extreemly good friends..... not just for every passerby......

kisses? husband to wife........ father to ones own child...... mother to ones own child..... after that, there really should not be man to child that is not theirs nor woman to child that is not theirs..... if a person does this, it gives mixed information to the children as to who they can, and can not talk with, hug, kiss, go with so forth and so on.....

should we become puritains????? maybe that would not be such a bad idea, would help keep some people pure.... erroring on the side of caution and legalism, but not being so legalistic that we build a doctrine out of actions forgettting why we are there to begin with.....

boys should be taught to respect girls and women, as they would their own mother and sister(s), as the Word of God teaches us to do for each other.....

GIRLS!!!! EXPECT TO BE TREATED LIKE A WOMAN, not a harlot, if a boy wants something, tell him flat out N0...

even if he trys to use the ploy of " If you really love me..........." nothing but a ploy...... for if he really loves you, he will not ask to begin with.... and if he happens to fall to that..... he would prove his love by not pushing or asking again...... EVER....... until marriage...... .if he threatens to leave you if you dont...... show him the door......

guys.....

DONT ASK, DONT PUSH, DONT THREATEN, BE A PROPER GENTILEMAN......

there are manythings that need to be taught that are no longer being taught, to either the young men or the young women...... things that need to be brought back into our culture.....

blessings to all

mike

Good post! Hopefully some of this teaching by older, more experienced Christians to younger ones is taking place on these boards.

In return, the older ones benefit from their passion amd enthusiasm and YES, also their wisdom. I am constantly humbled by some of the wisdom our younger contributors display!

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

The problem is most of the youth doesn't have a role model due to broken families etc..

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

I always liked to think that I had a pretty liberal attitude towards the way other people dress. But one fashion that seems to have crept in now - in church also - is the fashion for girls and young women (sometimes even older women, on whom it looks even more gross) for wearing "low rider" trousers, jeans or skirts and a short top revealing the hips and abdomen. The skirt, pants etc. to stay up have to be tight and very often there is a "spare tyre" of fat ballooning out between the top of the skirt, pants etc. and the top, blouse etc. And there is little more gross than seeing a bare pot stomach on a young girl. This seems to be a fashion thing, and is known as "muffining". I think it looks awful.

It would be good if older women (even, I guess, fathers or husbands) took these women aside and told them just how they look to others.

I am not expecting people to always dress up for church or try to outdo each other in what they wear, but it is hardly glorifying God to look so hideous (I hope that word doesn't offend anyone).

"Plumbers crack" is tidy, by comparison.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I always liked to think that I had a pretty liberal attitude towards the way other people dress. But one fashion that seems to have crept in now - in church also - is the fashion for girls and young women (sometimes even older women, on whom it looks even more gross) for wearing "low rider" trousers, jeans or skirts and a short top revealing the hips and abdomen. The skirt, pants etc. to stay up have to be tight and very often there is a "spare tyre" of fat ballooning out between the top of the skirt, pants etc. and the top, blouse etc. And there is little more gross than seeing a bare pot stomach on a young girl. This seems to be a fashion thing, and is known as "muffining". I think it looks awful.

It would be good if older women (even, I guess, fathers or husbands) took these women aside and told them just how they look to others.

I am not expecting people to always dress up for church or try to outdo each other in what they wear, but it is hardly glorifying God to look so hideous (I hope that word doesn't offend anyone).

"Plumbers crack" is tidy, by comparison.

I agree...kids have no idea how awful they look sometimes (or adults, either). I say, "Just say NO to (plumbers) crack!" Great post.

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Excellent post Mr & Mrs.Mike irish! I notice that wether or not we should minister to those in need of this proper training is so often confused with wether or not we should behave like those who have not had proper training. Many use Mark 2:17 as a reason to behave/dress like prostitutes, etc. Yes, Jesus reached out to those who were lost in the wordly ways, but this does not mean we should keep our own standards that low. Just as the prostitutes and tax collectors changed their ways after Jesus reached out to them, so should we! We are to be transformed by the renewing of our minds!

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

There seems to be a tendency to allow young people to teach young people, it is seen on these boards there are some posts which I read that are so juvenile that wisdom and understanding just don't enter in. I don

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Life experiences speaks volumes.