• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/23/1977

When I first started reading and posting on this forum. I read a topic about not being married in Heaven. Can anyone tell me, whether or not I will be with my mother and children in heaven. I know we will be praising and worshiping God, but who will we be with? I'm not asking for opinions, because I know that no one really knows. But does it tell us somewhere in the Bible about being with our family in Heaven?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

When David's son was ill, David fasted and prayed and wept, and when the child left, David got up and freshened himself and went about his business.... he said that he could not bring the child back, but he would be going to where the child was.....

those that will be in the New Jerusalem with us will be family.... they will be loved ones.... i do nt know whether or not we will remember everyone we know here on earth, for we will be in a different body, a new body, a new mind a new New Creature ..... we will not have sin abounding, i do not believe we will remember what sin is we will be in one accord, worshipping the Lord God Almighty.....

mike

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I was just reading this morning the passage in Matthew where Jesus was asked about marriages in heaven. He told them that there will be no marrying or giving in marriage in heaven, that we will be like the angels. I surmise that to mean that we will be singletons, but that there will be a new kind of profound relationship one with another!--not just a continuation of our earthly relationships.

It will be exciting, forging new relationships that have no flaws!

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

No, the Bible does not tell us about being with our family or anyone else in heaven.

David said he would go to where his son was

What are you talking about, Old Timer? We all have a home in heaven. Jesus is preparing a mansion for me to live in right now. That is what is going on!

If we all are going to have homes, then we will be in community. Fellowship. God wants us to have what was taken from us in Eden! He is going to resotre to us that Fellowship with Him and with each other that the devil has destroyed.

Of course, David knew he would see his dead child again. That was his basic belief, having known God intimately. We need to follow suit.

What are you talking about, Old Timer? We all have a home in heaven. Jesus is preparing a mansion for me to live in right now. That is what is going on!

If we all are going to have homes, then we will be in community. Fellowship. God wants us to have what was taken from us in Eden! He is going to resotre to us that Fellowship with Him and with each other that the devil has destroyed.

Of course, David knew he would see his dead child again. That was his basic belief, having known God intimately. We need to follow suit.

Floatingaxe, provide me with a verses that tells what the dead are doing in heaven?

Those mansions, that Christ went to prepare for us will be provided to us when Christ returns.

John 14:2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Receive us unto Himself WHEN He retuns, WHEN He comes again. This is reaffirmed by many verses of scripture.

2Cor 4:14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

I know the New Jerusalem will descend and we will come in and go out continually! Amen!

I'll have more info for you after I finish reading this marvelous book by Randy Alcorn called, "Heaven". Wonderful, and scriptural. We are told that we will be totally satisfied and fulfilled. We will laugh, live, love, worship in song and dance, communicate, telling stories of our lives and battles won, be creative as we were created to be! Many, many things to do and to spend eternity discovering!

Old Timer does not believe Pauls testimony that, "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." You can read his debate in the Soap Box forum for more understanding on this.

People generally do not quote the verses on this every time they talk about it, because it is such a universally accepted doctrine as a direct reference should not even be needed any more.

2 Corinthians 5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

In revelation we see some believers who have been murdered are in heaven, whilst other believers are still on the earth.

Rev. 6:9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

I hope YOU have read my explanation of 2Cor. 5:8. If you have, and other places I have posted, then I am still waiting for anyone to tell me why Paul used the word

Old Timer does not believe Pauls testimony that, "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." You can read his debate in the Soap Box forum for more understanding on this.

People generally do not quote the verses on this every time they talk about it, because it is such a universally accepted doctrine as a direct reference should not even be needed any more.

2 Corinthians 5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

In revelation we see some believers who have been murdered are in heaven, whilst other believers are still on the earth.

Rev. 6:9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

I hope YOU have read my explanation of 2Cor. 5:8. If you have, and other places I have posted, then I am still waiting for anyone to tell me why Paul used the word

• Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

There really is no concrete Biblical evidence that there will, or will not, be knowledge of earthly loved ones and relatives in the Millenial Kingdom. We should learn to speak only where the Bible speaks, and to not add intepretations where there are none given.

I personally don't see why we shouldn't have such knowledge, however.