• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  543
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/15/1966

This is quite interesting. Knowing that a day is as a thousand yrs to the Lord.

In 6 days God made heaven, and earth, and the sea - then the sabbath

6 thousand yrs (made heaven, and earth, and the sea) - then the 1000 yr period of rest

No man could have ever writin this stuff! Praise the LORD!

hmmm..... scratching my head:

Genesis 1:5 - and the evening and the morning were the first day

Genesis 1:8 - and the evening and the morning were the second day

Genesis 1:13 - and the evening and the morning were the third day

Of course, I'm one of those "new earth" folks over in the science vs. faith threads LOL. Probably a discussion better served over there :huh:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Just wanted to bring Leonard's point back to the top :blink:

And, speaking as a life-long Seventh Day Adventist, the Sabbath is not our "main agenda" as an earlier poster indicated. Just the one we find ourselves defending most of the time. For me, praise God - He has grown me spiritually and grown my faith in him to the point that the Sabbath is a personal experience between the believer and Him. I attend formal church (well, not so formal - pretty contemporary LOL) on Sundays now. Between God and me - there will ALWAYS be a Sabbath rest. And I praise him for that gift.

Shalom Anne,

I appreciate your post. THIS is the Biblical truth you stated

" For me, praise God - He has grown me spiritually and grown my faith in him to the point that the Sabbath is a personal experience between the believer and Him." ..."Between God and me - there will ALWAYS be a Sabbath rest. "
Not the doctrine that if one does not go to church on Saturday they are going to Hell, as written above.

I was referring to djconklin's agenda as an SDA. He only comes on here and drags up all the old Sabbath posts from years ago and only debates in them. He does not come here and interact in any other area, no fellowship, no relationship, he only comes here to argue the Sabbath posts. It IS his main agenda and he's pushing only SDA doctrine and only comes here to be contentious on this one issue - this his agenda.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

No work, no school, worship praise and prayer. That sounds like the sabbath day to me. Why is it that God commands no work on the seventh day, yet we wait till the 1st day to stop working?

saturday is most certainly the sabbath day. There has been no change and the law has most certainly not been done away with. Sunday is an institution by the Roman Catholic Church and is un-biblical. They even claim that they made the supposed "change" in their catechisms. The does matter in which you worship and it most certainly is not Sunday, God didn't bless and sanctify that day!

Christians came together on the 1st day of the week, since they were Jewish this didn't interfere with the Sabbath which they still upheld..............so this is where Sunday worship came from not the Catholics (don't ya'll ever get tired of the Catholic bashing, especially since most of what ya'll say about them is dead wrong?) so your this is un-biblical is actually whats un-biblical.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Thanks for your response.

Where's the Scripture that says "worship" and "every day"? The one in Acts doesn't say what they did while at the Temple. And that was only in Jerusalem.

Shalom DJ,

They "attended Temple" every day. There is no other reason to attend the Temple. They came to worship G-d every day in the Temple. That sets the NT precedence for every day worship in the Temple. AND in addition, they fellowshipped in their homes, every day, again gathering with the saints. These verses describe that they were "praising G-d" and people were being "saved" daily! Sounds like good worship to me!

First of all, I don't have an agenda, except to tell people that God loves us and wants us to love Him in return.

No, you do have an agenda. You only come here to drag up old posts from years ago, ONLY the ones dealing with Sabbath and you stir up the debate anew. You never get involved in any other areas of this board, ONLY in Sabbath threads and you are the one digging them up. So, yes, your agenda to push this one issue is very evident.

Secondly we could just as easily, and more accurately, flip it around: "it is not Scriptural to insist the only day of worship is not Saturday." The Bible is very consistent and only points to the Sabbath as being the day to worship God.

Actually, that's not true at all. The Bible states we are to "honor the Sabbath and keep it holy." It NEVER in any place states that the Sabbath is the one and only day to worship G-d. In fact, the Scriptures say just the opposite. See Scriptures previously posted which you disregarded because they conflict with your SDA doctrine.

Keeping the Sabbath in no way conflicts with worshiping G-d, in Spirit and in Truth, any or every other day. That is the truth.

Guest DYChowmah

[qote name=Scarletprayers' date='Aug 11 2007, 11:51 AM' post='946985]

Christians came together on the 1st day of the week, since they were Jewish this didn't interfere with the Sabbath which they still upheld..............so this is where Sunday worship came from not the Catholics (don't ya'll ever get tired of the Catholic bashing, especially since most of what ya'll say about them is dead wrong?) so your this is un-biblical is actually whats un-biblical.

Guest DYChowmah
I was referring to djconklin's agenda as an SDA. He only comes on here and drags up all the old Sabbath posts from years ago and only debates in them. He does not come here and interact in any other area, no fellowship, no relationship, he only comes here to argue the Sabbath posts. It IS his main agenda and he's pushing only SDA doctrine and only comes here to be contentious on this one issue - this his agenda.

So...Why do you have a problem with this? Should Mr Conklin study this point out of Gods Word and would like to pass it on to others, why should this offend you? Gifts are given! What is yours? I see his.

Guest DYChowmah
I have many friends that worship on Sunday and they are the most spiritual people I know. However I do believe that Saturday is the true Sabbath. Constintine started saying that the Sabbath should be both Saturday and Sunday to please both Christians and Pagans. The Pagans worshipped Ra, the sun god, on Sunday. And then it just started becoming easier to all worship the same day, which became Sunday. The papacy has even said that the Catholic church changed it and if you aren't Catholic and want to follow the biblical Sabbath you should be in a 7th-day church such as the Seventh-Day Adventists, Seventh-Day Church of God, or Seventh-Day Baptist.

And the people said"AMEN"!

Guest DYChowmah
Does it matter what day you thank god and read his word? Honestly I'll do it on any given day. Maybe once a week, maybe six times a week. The day of the week doesn't matter.

You got that right! Read His Word 7 days a week! Give Him praise and thanks 7 days a week! Walk as He walked 7 days a week! Keep His sabbath as He did... once a week!

PRAISE THE LORD!

Guest DYChowmah
Jewish seventh-day Sabbath-keepers, engendered by the likes of Ellen Gould Harmon White, founder of 19th-century "seventh-day Adventism," still insist that those who are gloriously liberated by faith in and thru the Lord Jesus Christ, must return to the Old Testament Mosaic Code delivered unto the LITERAL NATION OF ISRAEL back in Exodus 19:3; Exodus 20:22; Exodus 25:2; etc, etc. It's most interesting that before the advent of one, Ellen Gould Harmon White on the religious scene in the 19th-century, there was NO SUCH THING IN EXISTENCE as a "seventh-day Adventist"! Praise God for Galatians 5:1, "Stand fast in the LIBERTY with which Christ has made us FREE, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage!"

So Arthur...where do you find your "liberty"?

JAMES 1 [22] But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.[23] For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:[24] For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.[25] But whoso looketh into THE PERFECT LAW OF LIBERTY, and continueth therein, he being NOT A FORGETFUL HEARER, BUT A DOER OF THE WORK, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

ROMANS 2 [12] For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; [13] (For NOT THE HEARERS OF THE LAW ARE JUST before God, but THE DOERS OF THE LAW SHALL BE JUSTIFIED.

The perfect law of liberty. Blessed be the man that be a doer of the work. Work??? WORK? Bad word for some.

JAMES 2 [9] But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.[10] For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.[11] For he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, said also, DO NOT KILL. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.[12] So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by THE LAW OF LIBERTY.

Do not commit adultry, do not kill (the 10 commandments) and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty. Keep ALL 10. Ya practice to break one, your guilty of all. You are a transgressor. Do you keep Gods day of rest (the sabbath) or do you keep mans day of rest?

PSALM 119 [42] So shall I have wherewith to answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.[43] And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.[44] So shall I KEEP THY LAW continually for ever and ever.[45] And I WILL WALK AT LIBERTY: for I seek thy precepts.[46] I will speak of thy testimonies also before kings, and will not be ashamed.[47] And I WILL DELIGHT MYSELF IN THY COMMANDMENTS, which I have loved.

So shall I keep thy law continually AND delight myself in thy commandments and WILL WALK AT LIBERTY. That cant be misinterpreted

JOHN 8 [33] They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? [34] Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. [35] And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. [36] If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

So, according to Jesus its not the commandments that are considered

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/24/1975

Seems like no-one really knows what the answer to this is, everyone seems to be arguing what they believe but I don't see a general agreement here.

I was just wondering, when the world changed to the Gregorian Calendar in 1582, wouldn't that have changed the understanding of when the true Sabbath is?