• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Good point, SDAinFLA.

In another thread, Truster said "Messiah is the Sabbath. I don't keep Him, He keeps me." But where does it say that Jesus became the Sabbath? And was it established before His death? I don't find this anywhere.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I agree with my sister Floatingaxe, when we worship no matter what day is it that is sabbath.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

Luke 13:15

The Lord answered him, "You hypocrites! Doesn't each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or donkey from the stall and lead it out to give it water?

Luke 14:5

Then he asked them, "If one of you has a son or an ox that falls into a well on the Sabbath day, will you not immediately pull him out?"

John 7:23

Now if a child can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing the whole man on the Sabbath?

Acts 20:7

On the first day of the week we came together to break bread.

Romans 14:5-7

One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone.

Colossians 2:16

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

The Sabbath is not binding on Christians.

Even when it was in place, many people understood it poorly and looked down on others who didn't do the same. Hence, they weren't really honoring the Sabbath anyway.

Steve

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Stevehut,

If it's Ok, I would like to respond to you:

Even when it was in place, many people understood it poorly and looked down on others who didn't do the same. Hence, they weren't really honoring the Sabbath anyway.

I agree 100%. It seemed like God's chosen people really had a misconception of what God was trying to show them. For instance the sacrifices were pointing to Christ, but a huge portion of them didn't understand.

I would say that the Sabbath was the same thing...I believe the Jews didn't understand how to keep the Sabbath and weighed it down with all kinds of penalties, but Jesus was trying to show them the correct way to keep the Sabbath.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Luke 13:15

The Lord answered him, "You hypocrites! Doesn't each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or donkey from the stall and lead it out to give it water?

Luke 14:5

Then he asked them, "If one of you has a son or an ox that falls into a well on the Sabbath day, will you not immediately pull him out?"

John 7:23

Now if a child can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing the whole man on the Sabbath?

Acts 20:7

On the first day of the week we came together to break bread.

Romans 14:5-7

One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone.

Colossians 2:16

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

The Sabbath is not binding on Christians.

Steve

:noidea::huh:

That's it!!! There is no day that is the Sabbath. The jews posted it but God said that it was replaced through Jesus. Now I think that you should not work for wants or desires on Sunday (such as going to work to get more money.) but you can work otherwise (help a homeless guy, walk & have fun etc.) It is a moment where you set apart some time to spend with God & family away from the busy lifestyle of this world. I am not limiting your worship to the Sunday or even placing it as mandatory, it is only what I feel.

Great job stevehut!!!!! :emot-crying: .

Go With God,

GWG

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Good point, SDAinFLA.

In another thread, Truster said "Messiah is the Sabbath. I don't keep Him, He keeps me." But where does it say that Jesus became the Sabbath? And was it established before His death? I don't find this anywhere.

Mark 2:23-28

23 One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. 24 The Pharisees said to him, "Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?" 25 He answered, "Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26 In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions." 27 Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

All these tough questions coming as I'm leaving for work. The Old Testament Sabbath was on Saturday and there is no question about that. In one extra-Biblical book I read, I think at the Wesleyan reading room, there is a reference to a group of believers voting to observe a day of worship on Sunday because of the ressurection, however there is nothing I have read anywhere that says God changed the sabbath to the first day of the week, Sunday.

On the other hand, I do not believe we are required to observe the Saturday sabbath, not because it was in the Old Covenant, but because it was a type and shadow of something greater, the rest we enter into when we come to know Jesus as our Lord and Savior, and cease from our sinful labours. To keep the sabbath today is to enter into Christ's rest as we turn away from sin to serve him. I base this on scriptures found in Romans chapter 4. Originally God limited man to a single day of rest, but today we rest in Jesus everyday.

Blessings Butero,

You know, I see people concerned here with many interpretations and misinterpretations. I am compelled to say, "JUST WORSHIP." I'm quite sure whatever day you choose, if you go into HIS house of worship either on a Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, or Friday, God will receive your reverence with the utmost respect that you gave pennance and took time out of your days to BE WITH HIM! Did you ever give thought of those who cannot leave their beds, or home but reverence God in which way they can, but spend time with HIM, would you like to guess where they will be when their last day has ended here no earth? Be confident in whatever day you celebrate to BE WITH GOD! Expect that HE will recognize you offering yourself as showing reverence to HIM and HE WILL! I ALWAYS WORRY ABOUT PEOPLE'S LIVES WHEN THEY QUESTION THE LOVE OF GOD? How could it be sinful if you've made a conscious effort to be with God? Any day would be to your credit!

Blessings

Cajunboy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

You know, I see people concerned here with many interpretations and misinterpretations. I am compelled to say, "JUST WORSHIP."

I absoulutely agree with this. We should worship God everyday of the week. Sun-Sat.

However, I think we sometimes don't make the distinction between worship and keeping holy.

Worship is sometimes defined as - "to render religious reverence and homage to." So worship can be done anywhere anytime. I can drive my car and worship God, I can go to work and worship God, or I can worship God at church any day.

But there was only one day that was blessed and sanctified; and that is the 7th Day Sabbath.

Worship is a part of Sabbath but the Sabbath isn't soley worship.

:rolleyes:

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

We are STILL debating this issue????

1930 years ago (plus or minus) Paul settled this issue once and for all. He wrote: "One man esteemeth one day above another, and another man esteemeth all days equally. Let each man be fully persuaded in his own mind," and then he exhorted us to 'live in peace' with one another.

Are we just a little 'slow' on the uptake!!?!!