IGNORED

R U Ashamed of YOUR Identity, CHRISTIAN?

kiwi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Amen! (To the both of you)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

That is a very good article Wisdom, and YES,it is very convicting.

But don't you think it is some times impossible not to go places, where unbelievers have fun? Like a staff party from work, I go there sometimes and other times I don't, they know I am a Christian and don't drink and I think they respect me for it.If I don't go I am no wittnes at all, bexause they might think I'm a goody, goody. Know what I mean?

It is very hard sometimes to work in a ungodly place, but if people know what you believe and they dont share your believe you cannot always seperate your self. I also think that unbelievers need to know that Christians can have fun also.[clean]

The Tv is another thing, even if you watch a nice clean show the commercials are so bad!!!!

It seems that even alot of Christians allow themself to watch alot of movies which are in my eyes......??? not too good.

To live for Jesus and to do His will is a daily decision ,no it is a moment by moment decision!

Com Lord Jesus COME!!

Angels

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Excellent point angels!

It comes down then, to the leading of the SPirit in every situation, don't you think?

It reminds me of this passage;

1 Corinthians 5:9-10 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

It is those who are believers and willingly engage in sinful things that we are to separate ourselves from, because otherwise, not only are we showing our approval of such things by participating, but we also shame the name of Christ, as His ambassadors. Those who are unbelievers, will then (even as you said) admire [Christ IN] us for our convictions.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Quote: from angels4u on 6:42 pm on Feb. 12, 2002

That is a very good article Wisdom, and YES,it is very convicting.

But don't you think it is some times impossible not to go places, where unbelievers have fun? Like a staff party from work, I go there sometimes and other times I don't, they know I am a Christian and don't drink and I think they respect me for it.If I don't go I am no wittnes at all, bexause they might think I'm a goody, goody. Know what I mean?

It is very hard sometimes to work in a ungodly place, but if people know what you believe and they dont share your believe you cannot always seperate your self. I also think that unbelievers need to know that Christians can have fun also.[clean]

The Tv is another thing, even if you watch a nice clean show the commercials are so bad!!!!

It seems that even alot of Christians allow themself to watch alot of movies which are in my eyes......??? not too good.

To live for Jesus and to do His will is a daily decision ,no it is a moment by moment decision!

Com Lord Jesus COME!!

Angels

Hello angel!:)

Actually, if you'll look again (closely) at what I wrote you'll see that we're in agreement.  I never advocate avoidance.  Instead, I advocate FAITHFUL YIELDING to the HOLY SPIRIT.  Going to different function has never been an issue with me, until my Christian beliefs are made a mockery thereof.  The challenge then is do I follow "WISDOM's" ways or the guidance of CHRIST in whatever situation develops.  I am a very strong believer in Romans 8:28.

I attend my office functions and I'm VERY active in my youth community recreation association.  Like you I realize these can become "windows/doors of opportunity" to either reflect or share CHRIST BY THE LEADING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Thank you Wisdom and Timothy<

I agree so much with what you say, it all comes back by listening to the Holy Spirit and what you said, there is a difference to participate with Christians in sinfull situations, that is always a BIG NO!! But to be a witness ,you can be with them without sinning yourself.I am sometimes suprised they tolerate us there. [because its light against darkness]

I believe the light will shine through you no matter where you are.

Love in Christ, Angels  [Thank you Lord for living in the light!!]

Angels:

I once read in "The Daily Bread", published by RBC, something along the line of "You (Christian) may be the ONLY Bible another person "reads".

In other words, how you/I carry on daily in all our endeavors may win the respect and/or friendship of others (even when you don't realize it), thus shedding some light on what true Christianity (not "religion") is.  YOU will always be "watched", even if you don't think so.  Hopefully you should want people to see the "CHRIST" in you concerning  everything.  Notice...I DIDN'T say for them to see how "religious" a person you are.  Don't become a modern day "Pharisee". :taped:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

An AWESOME AMEN, Wisdom!!

Amen Wisdom!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no religion I have Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!

He is more then religion!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angels

• 9 months later...

Dig down deep inside of yourself after you read this and be as honest with your self as possible.  Is our FATHER talking to YOU??!

Guest C.D. Light

We are IN the world, but we are just not to be OF the world (like the rest of the world).

I dont think there is a need for avoidance either. I dont even think its possible to avoid everything.  We also cant know what is happening in the world, and what to address, if we hide our heads under a basket.

There are times when we cannot speak out against some things, such as at work.  If we did, we'd be constantly looking for another job, because some employers would find some reason to get rid of you.

If a group at work would be talking in a way we dont approve of, I would just walk away and not participate in it. (Let those who are filthy, BE filthy).

I also believe there are times when God wants us to shut up, and other times he wants us to speak up; to not say anything to one person, while prompting us TO speak to another person.

We just have to follow His lead, I think.

If God has not gone before us and prepared that person to receive what we say, then there is not much point in saying it.

And when we are being paid by a particular "master" we are "his" in a sense of the word; as long as we are "on the clock", he makes the "rules" while we're there.  So its a rather fine line.

Deny Christ?  Or deny I am a Christian?  Absolutely not!

:exclaimation:

CD