Third tour of Iraq

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Thanks to all. This is my first day back at work after spending time with him and I feel it may be hard. As you say your prayers today and at church tomorrow please remember us. I am feeling sad. The bad thing is that the military men I know here who are no longer active are not being supportive. Not once have they said pray or even mentioned God so I think that should be a sign all by itself. Two close friends are supportive however. I just don't want to overwhelm them :) . So until I get to where I need to be I will load up the boards. I was so strong up until his sister had to go into the hospital. Since that moment I have picked up his emotions. Remember this is not my first soldier. With the other there was no last mintue emergency so we left with all hope and smiles. With this one he is leaving all worried about his sister's health. Pray for whatever the doctor's tell her which I think will not be all that bad, but like I said I am picking up his emotions and the fact that she is all he has. I guess now would be a time to add that his ex will not let him see his daughters before he leaves and that is a problem too. Think about how that must feel. I hope soon that my emotions return to being stable. I felt so good during our time until the call came for him to leave for her state and see how she is doing. He feels bad that he had to leave and thinks I will rethink our relationship. He said the devil messed things up for us. (HIS OWN WORDS) So now tell me what you think. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Father, I pray that you will comfort our friend, Paperflower, during these times. She has her plate full right now, and things are moving too fast for her to keep up. I pray that you would place your arms around her, as well as around her boyfriend who is facing so much in these days. Continue to work on their hearts as they go through these rough times.

By your power, they can get through anything! May your will be clear and have mercy on their emotions.

Amen!

PF, take a few moments to gather your thoughts. Things are moving fast now, and you need to have clear vision of which fears are real, and which ones are poppping up due to the speed of the events. As you can see, you have some great support here. If the ones in your life fail you, you can always find peace and comfort among your friends here. :whistling:;)

In Him,

t.

:wub: Thanks for the prayer.

Today was rough at times but with God's help I got through it. I hope that my soldier had a good day also. Tomorrow he should travel back to the base. I pray for his safety and his sister's health.

I feel loved with the words that have come my way. Now I will go and live for God and allow him to lead me daily, knowing that each step I take he had it all planned out for me. IT'S FUNNY HOW AT THE TIME WE DON'T SEE THAT, BUT IF YOU LOOK BACK OVER YOUR LIFE....IT WAS ALL GOD'S PLAN.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Amen, Sister!

Take care and keep us informed of his well being when you hear something after he leaves!

We'll be sure to keep him, and you, in our prayers! :thumbsup::wub:

t.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,634
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

Praying for You and the whole situation you are in! :P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,390
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

*praying* for peace and security *praying*

It is hard for me to put myself in your place for I have not experience either being at home or over seas myself, but I can pray.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/26/1950

Paperflower, just being the mother of an Army man is hard for me. I pray you will receive the support you need, and that you will find ways to support other people in the same situation.

:blink: Things are so far so good. We are still laughing and talking giving God all the praise He deserves. I know that this time will allow us grow closer to God because He will be the glue that holds me and my soldier together while he is away. We both are talking about how skinny we will be when we see each other. :laugh: Me in the gym and him not eating all those great meals he can COOK.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Hello all, I am in need of finding support for me. My boyfriend leaves for Iraq in a few weeks. I have been a former military wife so this is not new to me. But when you are not married you don't have the same channels as those who are married. So I am looking for CHRISTIANS to talk to and find support. I ask that if you don't have supportive words to please not comment. This tour is hard for both of us. He has enough on his plate and I just need to talk about my concerns. There will be times I will not hear from him and that is an issue all of it's own. If you have "been there, done that and got a t-shirt to proove it" please share with me. Like I said girlfriends don't get the same channels as others, so until find my own group I am coming to you guys.

LOL..I have left text messages, email, IMs and the tons of phone calls telling him I am supportive. I took his face in my hands and made him look at me as I said I will be here. I am not anyone from his past who was not there during his first and second tours. He suffered heartache and disappointment when he returned. When we first met he said he felt God had answered his prayers for a good Christian woman to come into his life before he left. Now I am here and he seems scared.

Paper,

I will pray for his safe return.

Anne :74_74:

He pulls out this weekend. And the time we got to spend before he leaves was a blessing from God. I don't know when I laughed so hard. I think he enjoyed MAKING me laugh more than I did laughing. I know for the both of us it makes things easier so we only have pleasant memories. PRAISE GOD FOR THE GIFT OF HUMOR. :huh: He gave me so many things to just recall memories. The cologne....not going to open that up for awhile...just smelling it the day he gave it to me made tears fall. I hurried up and put that away. We went back to smiling the moment I said NOOOO CAN'T DO THAT. Laughing all over again. :o

So if anyone reading this has someone leaving any time this year....CREATE GOOD MEMORIES starting the moment you finish reading this post. God will see you through the rest.