• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Have a go Shazza...Most men are pigs. The rest are reformed pigs.

Truth be told.

I think the 'reformed' ones are technically called 'gays'............

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist

Great advice :24: But... Been there, done that... The pastor and board of Elders at that Church though it was horrible of me to suggest such things of people who tithe so heavily! This is one of the reasons why I left the Church...

Do you not have your own church and pastor? You need counceing, check out nanc.org to find a Biblical Councilor to help you gain strength in the Lord to help you teach your parents learn how to treat you. Our pastor is a NANC Councilor and he's fabulous. They are usually free. As far as I know.

I speak from experience when I say, don't put this off.

Praying for you.

Bib

:24:

Kat, Parents can't force an adult to do anything. Even if they do live at home. It has to be allowed.

Well.... here's the thing.... I do have a church, with a Pastor.... But, the Pastor of my parents' church is very well-known in this community, and I discovered, after a little *research* that the Pastor of my new church is friends with the Pastor of my old Church (my parents' church).

My parents are also kind of "influential" I guess you could say, and they always just pay people off to be on their side or to manipulate me for them. Like, for example, when I first moved into this apartment a little over two years ago, they paid my apartment manager (who has since been dismissed by her manager!) to give them a copy of the key to my mailbox.

But, I will go check out that website.

Pixy,

Sounds like your parents are very controlling.

Leonard gives some good advise. Stop allowing your parents will to rule your life and let God's Will take over!

Read the story of Deborah the Prophet from Judges 4-5. That was a strong woman you can base your life on. Or read about Esther, there was a woman in submission to her husband but strong enough to fight for her rights and the lives of her people. God created strong women, not doormats. These are women who you are directly descended from. God can give you strength to do what needs to be done.

Praying for you, :blink:

Biblicist

:24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Some great advice from Leonard and Biblicist! :blink:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

"... they paid my apartment manager...to give them a copy of the key to my mailbox.

That, dear one is a FELONY CRIME, and your parents need to be told so.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1950

I think Leonard's post, #58, is excellent. Pixy, you are a dear sweet young woman. It saddens me that your parents are breaking the law to control you (the key thing) and wanting you to break God's law in who you date. Lawlessness is sin, you know.

It can be really hard to admit to ourselves that our Christian parents are ungodly in their attitudes and behavior (been there). On my 50th birthday I was washing the dishes, and I remembered something painful from my childhood. I shrugged it off and said to myself, "My parents did the best they could." Then the Lord actually spoke to me and said, "Your father did not love you, and your mother hated you, but I love you." So then I knew. It is possible for Christian parents to not love their children, and even to behave destructively towards them.

Well, I pray for the best for you! I pray that you will stand fast in what you know is right, and that you will grow in wisdom and understanding. (We all need this!)

hugs, Mary

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Yeah...sounds like it's time to quietly save up money and suddenly move out of state for a while...don't give them your address and get an unlisted phone number. Heck, come up here to Canada, we'll give you a place.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Pixy,

it sounds to me as though you are outgrowing your parents and now ready for the next phase in your life. You have all the morals, qualities and values that are essential tools for this world - most of which your parents handed down to you. Maybe it's time to step out on your own.

Can you talk to your pastor or his wife about this matter?

• Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Okay I have a suggestion Heather.

Since you seem deadbent on going out with this guy to get your parents off your back- go right ahead. But make some RESTRICTIONS.

When you talk with this guy on the phone tell him the following things:

1. If you go out it will be in a public place, and you will need to bring a friend (or even a few friends) as well. You are a christian and you don't think it's appropriate to be alone with a man until you know him better. Tell him he can bring friends as well.

2. Tell him that Jesus is the centre of your life. Due to this fact you talk about Jesus quite a bit, so you hope that he won't be offended ( :24: ).

3. Tell him that you absolutely do not allow any form of body contact with a man- you're a Christian and you just don't do it.

4. And finally, you will drive YOURSELF to the date, and home from the date.

Yes, I believe this is what you would call being "passive agressive" but really these are good guidelines for any date and should be followed. When you get home from the date give him a call and tell him that the only reason you went out with him was because your parents made you, so there will not be a second date.

Done and done. Let me know what you think?

Sierra

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I agree...and if he won't leave your door or starts harassing you, think 9-1-1. I would also recommend seeking legal counsel re: your parents bribing your landlord for a set of keys.

Edit: you may be able to get your landlord to change your locks if you threaten him with legal action.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

"... they paid my apartment manager...to give them a copy of the key to my mailbox.

That, dear one is a FELONY CRIME, and your parents need to be told so.

Not to mention that the apartment manager is required to change the lock on the box now. A little chat with a lawyer or the county prosecutor about the manager would be in order.