• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

There's not tinge of agnosticism in what I said.

God is completely and utterly knowable. He has seen to it. He became one of us! The only problem" is mankind's feeble frame. He has an ego the size of Texas and can't get past it. Only through Jesus Christ can we have a hope of knowing God and having a one-on-one relationship with Him.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

If God is omnimax then there is one thing he can't do....make a mistake. He cannot "mess up". So what do you call Satan? He created him to make our lives more difficult? Or to make it harder for us to make it to Heaven? Does that sound benelovent? I think not.

No offense intended, Systemstrike, but have you ever READ the bible? If you had, you would realize how ridiculous your comments sound and how little you know about Christianity. Please avail yourself of the teachings of the bible before you decide God is out to get mankind. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

If....uh....God were out to get us......um........why would he create us in the first place? :thumbsup: Also if he was out to get us I think he is doing a really bad job. 5000 years, cmon!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

No offense intended, Systemstrike, but have you ever READ the bible?

This is a very legitimate question.

Would any reasonable person argue about any other book that they had not read? I suggest that none of the unbelievers posting has read the entire bible, and I again suggest that to not do so is intellectual dishonesty.

Clip a few words, misquote to misdirect, and anything can be claimed, consider Shakespeare....

Macbeth : Act 5, scene v

There would have been a time for such a word.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,

20 Creeps in this petty pace from day to day

To the last syllable of recorded time,

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player

25 That struts and frets his hour upon the stage

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

This small example does not reflect the entire story of Macbeth (nor does it apply to this discussion :24: ), but it does indicate a concept, that it is possible to strut and fret with sound and fury and still signify nothing. The effort to disprove God's existance is all of that and less.

Certainly I believe that God exists, and if you choose to disbelieve in His existance, fine, but have you read the entire book that He left to mankind (by way of research), so that your "belief of unbelief" has been properly and fully investigated?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

If God is omnimax then there is one thing he can't do....make a mistake. He cannot "mess up". So what do you call Satan? He created him to make our lives more difficult? Or to make it harder for us to make it to Heaven? Does that sound benelovent? I think not.

No offense intended, Systemstrike, but have you ever READ the bible? If you had, you would realize how ridiculous your comments sound and how little you know about Christianity. Please avail yourself of the teachings of the bible before you decide God is out to get mankind. :wub:

Those were directed as questions, and in some way were satirical. I know that God didn't create the devil to pick on us. I'm just making a point here, for God to be all powerful, he must have created the angel that rebelled against him. I really just don't understand the logic there. Why didn't God just kill Satan? Why didn't God put us on an earth without him? Would have made our lives easier. I guess we will never know that answer seeing as how we are unable to delve into the mind of the divine.(didn't mean for that to rhyme)

No offense taken, my post was pretty dry and I apologize for that. Sometimes I get in a hurry and sound stupid...can't help it. Thank you for giving me a chance to clear this up.

No offense intended, Systemstrike, but have you ever READ the bible?

This is a very legitimate question.

Would any reasonable person argue about any other book that they had not read? I suggest that none of the unbelievers posting has read the entire bible, and I again suggest that to not do so is intellectual dishonesty.

Clip a few words, misquote to misdirect, and anything can be claimed, consider Shakespeare....

Macbeth : Act 5, scene v

There would have been a time for such a word.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,

20 Creeps in this petty pace from day to day

To the last syllable of recorded time,

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools

The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player

25 That struts and frets his hour upon the stage

And then is heard no more. It is a tale

Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.

This small example does not reflect the entire story of Macbeth (nor does it apply to this discussion :wub: ), but it does indicate a concept, that it is possible to strut and fret with sound and fury and still signify nothing. The effort to disprove God's existance is all of that and less.

Certainly I believe that God exists, and if you choose to disbelieve in His existance, fine, but have you read the entire book that He left to mankind (by way of research), so that your "belief of unbelief" has been properly and fully investigated?

Haha, you ask unbelievers to do what believers very rarely do. I have a lot of Christian friends that enjoy arguing with me, but have never read a word of the bible outside of church. I have read the bible through, but only once. When you do that you often forget alot of the early books like 1&2 Kings and such. But, I would like to think that I am pretty well versed in the Bible.

Now, I want you to see how many believers you know (and be honest) have actually read the entire bible, much less the entire new testament. I know very few.

And to say that we should do so on a research basis is just silly. I am not aware of ANY believers that have done this. Most simply do not care about the background of the bible, which is perfectly fine. If they choose to eat a peanut butter and jelly without the crust, then so be it. I have no problem with those of faith, as long as they are happy. But don't ask unbelievers to do what believers very rarely do. THAT is intellectual dishonesty.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Now, I want you to see how many believers you know (and be honest) have actually read the entire bible, much less the entire new testament. I know very few.

You can add me to your list of those that have. :wub:

t.

You can add me to your list of those that have. :thumbsup:

t.

I will and I'm glad!! :o:wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Haha, you ask unbelievers to do what believers very rarely do. I have a lot of Christian friends that enjoy arguing with me, but have never read a word of the bible outside of church. I have read the bible through, but only once. When you do that you often forget alot of the early books like 1&2 Kings and such. But, I would like to think that I am pretty well versed in the Bible.

And to say that we should do so on a research basis is just silly. I am not aware of ANY believers that have done this. Most simply do not care about the background of the bible, which is perfectly fine. If they choose to eat a peanut butter and jelly without the crust, then so be it. I have no problem with those of faith, as long as they are happy. But don't ask unbelievers to do what believers very rarely do. THAT is intellectual dishonesty.

I am sure there are many that have not read the entire bible, yet. However, if they are reading it, usually they are progressing as they read.

I personally know many that have read the entire bible many times, but there are so many study groups that if you read with them daily, you can easily read the entire bible in a year using less than 15 minutes a day (depends on how fast you read, I suppose).

I am being a little tricky in asking you to read the entire bible. :o Many unbelievers have set out to prove the bible a lie, and as they searched the bible they found faith (faith comes by hearing, hearing by the Word of God) and they got saved. I am hoping and praying that you also have that true experience.

BTW, I love I & II Kings, and I find the Old Testament very interesting now, but as a new believer, I couldn't have found Israel on a world map.

And to say that we should do so on a research basis is just silly

True, it is silly, but what have you got to lose to do it? :thumbsup:

All my best :wub:

Your right, I can only gain from it. And I hope to gain truth. I am only 19 as of right now, but I want to study in the field of Christian Theology so I hope to learn much more.

Thank you and I am enjoying our conversations. I'm sorry if I came off as rude earlier, but that is a touchy subject. I mean no offense and want to keep our discussions on a happy note. :thumbsup: