• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Just thought I'd share my excitement with you all! Tomorrow I've been given the opportunity to preach for my first time properly (I've led a youth group twice before, but it's not really the same in some ways!).

It isn't going to be in a main church service but at an evening small group thingy that my parents have been going to recently. I haven't been before since I have been at college, but I got to meet some of the people who go to the group the other day so it's not going to be to complete strangers!

I'm also going to be leading another church small group thingy (I don't know what you would call them really!) this time at my home church on Thursday morning!

It's exciting stuff! Finally feels like I'm doing something and getting "out there" in the Lord's work! I love to teach about God's word and all and often am explaining and teaching things to my friends, but now I'm getting the chance to do it "officially" you could say to some of the local body of believers! Hooray!

So yeah, pray for me that I will speak well and say what is right to speak of and do! I'm going to record it on my dictaphone as an MP3 file so if anyone in general or who has had more experience is interested in listening to give come comments, criticism and feedback to help me and give pointers and stuff, that would be cool :emot-hug:

I'll post again after it's done to say how I thought it all went too!

:emot-hug:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Well may the LORD bless you and give you His grace. I remember well the excitment of first beginnings. I am happy for you. May you lean heavily upon His grace and person. He is what it is all about! Blessings.......

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

:emot-hug::emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I'm so glad for you!! It's great to be personally involved like that, isn't it? God is so good...He'll be with you the whole time :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

Totally Kewl Luke ... :rolleyes: ... or should I be saying Amen!!

will pray.

Would you post what you preached plez :laugh:

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

I am pleased for you, such a joy this must be. I do have one piece of advice, remain true to the Word of God.

May the God of Abram, Isaac and Jacob Bless you in Jesus name.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

Amen!

May each word that leaves your mouth be a blessing to all that hear :74_74:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Would you post what you preached plez :wub:

Yeah I will post it later after I've done it! :24:

And thanks, everyone, for all the encouragement! :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  150
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Just thought I'd share my excitement with you all! Tomorrow I've been given the opportunity to preach for my first time properly (I've led a youth group twice before, but it's not really the same in some ways!).

It isn't going to be in a main church service but at an evening small group thingy that my parents have been going to recently. I haven't been before since I have been at college, but I got to meet some of the people who go to the group the other day so it's not going to be to complete strangers!

I'm also going to be leading another church small group thingy (I don't know what you would call them really!) this time at my home church on Thursday morning!

It's exciting stuff! Finally feels like I'm doing something and getting "out there" in the Lord's work! I love to teach about God's word and all and often am explaining and teaching things to my friends, but now I'm getting the chance to do it "officially" you could say to some of the local body of believers! Hooray!

So yeah, pray for me that I will speak well and say what is right to speak of and do! I'm going to record it on my dictaphone as an MP3 file so if anyone in general or who has had more experience is interested in listening to give come comments, criticism and feedback to help me and give pointers and stuff, that would be cool :wub:

I'll post again after it's done to say how I thought it all went too!

:24:

Praise God for you opportunity to preach.......... may the Holy Spirit lead you and guide you for His purposes.

"Finally feels like I'm doing something and getting "out there" in the Lord's work!" ............... well the Lord's work is really not all about preaching. I know some are called to preach and you have been given an opportunity and you should embrace it. But it can be a trap, the Lord's work is so many things.............. there are so many needy people right in our own communities who need to see Jesus in us in practical and meaningful ways............ do we take care of the widows and orphans? The hurting and homeless? Just a thought.................. :)

In His Service,

Bethany

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

Today's the day! Very happy for you Luke! God will be with you through it, you will do great!