• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hey -

I'm all for modest swimwear! :emot-questioned:

I think I might actually look better in one of those buqinis than what I find on the racks. :wub:

To me this is all bull! Don't mean to affend anyone by saying this either.

For one, I read on this site about muslim cab drivers at an airport saying no to people because of one reason or another it was agianst there religion. Second, here in the states a man won a seat in the House or the Senant and he demanded and was allowed to be sworn in using the koran. And here we read about the woman of islam saying they are "suffering medically" and are unfit because of it ...Please.

The woman of islam are forced by the LAWS of there religion to be fully covered at all time or else... I am all for woman to be modest as the word of God teaches us, what I am not for is islam or any other religion to come in to other land with established laws and call foul and push their religion on others as just.

Then how do you explain your religion? America was actually founded on the idea a deism, NOT christianity. How do you reconcile what you said in your post and the attitude and actions of many christians pushing their faith in America. For example, using the Bible to be sworn in or in a court of law, etc etc

seems hypocritical can you explain your stance please?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Well it all comes down to what we pay for as a society.

Certainly in countries such as France, which actively discriminate against all religious expression including the Muslim Veil, outlawing it in schools, I would side with the Muslims.

However I see no reason for the Western Governments to make special accommodations for them, including swimming. Christians don't demand that we use a bible to swear people in, it is simply tradition, and frankly I would like to see it end as I find it hypocritical. Also as we have seen the bible is NOT required for swearing in and Muslims can use the Koran, and I would imagine that atheist could use nothing if they so desired.

If I moved to Saudi, how far would I get in demanding that the Saudi government make accommodations for me to do some street preaching proclaiming Christ? It is the height of arrogance for Muslims to demand accommodations of the West when in Muslim countries all other faiths are repressed and discriminated against. In the US Muslims have full religious expression, they can proselytize, they can build mosques and they can indeed practice their faith as they please. All things that NO predominantly Muslim country allows Christians to do.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Well it all comes down to what we pay for as a society.

Certainly in countries such as France, which actively discriminate against all religious expression including the Muslim Veil, outlawing it in schools, I would side with the Muslims.

However I see no reason for the Western Governments to make special accommodations for them, including swimming. Christians don't demand that we use a bible to swear people in, it is simply tradition, and frankly I would like to see it end as I find it hypocritical. Also as we have seen the bible is NOT required for swearing in and Muslims can use the Koran, and I would imagine that atheist could use nothing if they so desired.

If I moved to Saudi, how far would I get in demanding that the Saudi government make accommodations for me to do some street preaching proclaiming Christ? It is the height of arrogance for Muslims to demand accommodations of the West when in Muslim countries all other faiths are repressed and discriminated against. In the US Muslims have full religious expression, they can proselytize, they can build mosques and they can indeed practice their faith as they please. All things that NO predominantly Muslim country allows Christians to do.

interesting post. I agree in fact.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/26/1987

OK pple may not like this.

I'm fully in faver of more modesty in swim wear.

But I say "oh brother" 8-) Musims r always complianing about being not being accepted as part of the commuity/society. Its like they're trying 2 take over the world. What do they want? They segragate themseves by doing stuff like this. When will they stop. As 4 being in a pool with men, have the pool set up a "women only" time slot.

Ive seen some really old pics of swim suits in the 1800 that cover everything. Ur right that outfit is really ugly IF I was a mulim u wouldn't catch me dead wearing it.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

First off, here's the article:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/3924325a10.html

Muslim women in New Zealand say they are suffering health problems because they do not have special pools where they can swim without compromising their religious beliefs.

BURQINI: MUSLIM WOMEN'S REPLY TO BIKINI

South Island Muslims are looking to set up special pool facilities for females, and the Australian designer of the newly unveiled 'burqini' expects demand for her product in New Zealand.

Christchurch Muslim Naaz Shah said there was nowhere for Muslim women to swim without compromising their religious beliefs.

Because of this, many Muslim women had no opportunities to exercise and were putting on weight.

"They become medically unfit. Their health is affected and they're quite depressed."

Federation of Islamic Associations of New Zealand chief executive Sultan Eusoff backed the idea of a special pool for Muslims, and said privacy and modesty were very important for followers of Islam.

However, he was not aware of any reports of Muslim women feeling uncomfortable swimming in Wellington pools.

"If you want to go swimming you know there will be other people using the pool.

"It is not so much a problem of other people making us feel uncomfortable, but there would be an issue if pool dress codes forbid our women covering up."

Martin Winkels, of the Wellington Regional Aquatic Centre at Kilbirnie, said the complex offered private spas and three family changing rooms for customers who may wish to bathe or change in private.

He knew of only one incident in which a brown-skinned man expressed his unhappiness at being in changing rooms where other men were standing undressed before or after going swimming.

The Australian designer of the burqini, Aheda Zanetti, has been swamped with worldwide interest in the swimming outfit and expects to sell it to Kiwi Muslims.

The modest bathing costume was designed for Muslim women who, because of religious values, cannot show more than their face, hands and feet in public.

Mrs Shah said the burqini was a great idea, especially for young Muslim women at school.

Now here's the "burqini":

http://360digest.com/2005/10/30/bikini-no-burqini/

Comments?

If Muslim women want to be modest they should be allowed to wear whatever they are comfortable wearing. In fact, the only thing I approve of about Islam is their modesty. Thong bikinis and nude beaches are just plain unchristian. Of course, I don't believe Western women should have to cover their entire bodies to swim in a public pool. It's a matter of culture. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

OK, maybe not the entire body -

But gracious! We do need a selection of more modest swimwear!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Well.........

I thought it was kinda pretty.

:24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Surely "modest" does not have to equal "ugly". This "burqini" is UGLY, hideous, vile, awful. And I don't think you would win any swimming races wearing it.

It looks like the old adage is true: If you keep an article of clothing long enough it is bound to come back into fashion. This is true of most things. "flared trousers" became "bootlegs" in the early '90s, and "burmuda shorts" became "bike shorts" also about that time. But, swimwear from the 1800s? Plleease, no.

You know what is really modest? The crinolin. Oh, and the "ruffles" that some used to wear around their necks in Elizabethan times.

Do you think those things might make a comback as well?

Guest spiersdodgerblue

Hey -

I'm all for modest swimwear! :thumbsup:

I think I might actually look better in one of those buqinis than what I find on the racks. :emot-hug:

To me this is all bull! Don't mean to affend anyone by saying this either.

For one, I read on this site about muslim cab drivers at an airport saying no to people because of one reason or another it was agianst there religion. Second, here in the states a man won a seat in the House or the Senant and he demanded and was allowed to be sworn in using the koran. And here we read about the woman of islam saying they are "suffering medically" and are unfit because of it ...Please.

The woman of islam are forced by the LAWS of there religion to be fully covered at all time or else... I am all for woman to be modest as the word of God teaches us, what I am not for is islam or any other religion to come in to other land with established laws and call foul and push their religion on others as just.

Then how do you explain your religion? America was actually founded on the idea a deism, NOT christianity. How do you reconcile what you said in your post and the attitude and actions of many christians pushing their faith in America. For example, using the Bible to be sworn in or in a court of law, etc etc

seems hypocritical can you explain your stance please?

1. I don't explain a religion, I proclaim a Faith, a Faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior!

2. deism: The belief, based solely on reason, in a God who created the universe and then abandoned it, assuming no control over life, exerting no influence on natural phenomena, and giving no supernatural revelation.

This is not what America was founded on. America was founded on Christianity!

3. I reconcile the attitude and actions of many Christians here in America and around the world as being obediendt to the written word of God.

Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be *witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

Be witnesses... is Christ's command to His disciples (which all who believe are) to tell others about Him regardless of the consequences. Our task is not to convince people, but to testify of the truth of the gospel.

The foundation of Chirstianity in America was brought over by the pigrims from Great Britian. They left due to persecution of their faith, here is from the "Pilgrim Hall Museum" Describing the Pilgrims' Separatist religious beliefs:

"The one side [the Reformers] laboured to have ye right worship of God & discipline of Christ established in ye church, according to ye laws of Gods word, dispensed in those offices, & by those offices of Pastors, Teachers & Elders, &c. according to ye Scirpurs. The other partie [the Church of England], though under many colours & pretences, endevored to have ye episcopall dignitie (affter ye popish maner) with there large power & jurisdiction still retained; with other such means as formerly upheld their antichristian greatness, and enabaled them with lordly & tyranous power to persecute ye poor servent of God."

( their spelling not mine)

http://www.pilgrimhall.org/compact.htm Here you will find the (Mayflower Compact). Mayflower being the ship the pilgrims came to America on. In this Compact you will find first " In the name of God, Amen., second paragraph " Having undertaken, for the glory of God, and advancement of the Christian faith,.

Here you will find indeed our first constitution of the U.S, and all 41 men who signed agreed to be under the leadership of the Christian faith.

William Bradford a pilgrim on the Mayflower, govener of this said pilgrim community and signer of the Mayflower Compact, was called by Samuel Eliot Morison (the Spiritual ancestors of all Americas). Bradford kept a detailed journal of his journey to America and life as a pilgrim here.

His arrival.... http://www.pilgrimhall.org/bradfordjournalarrival.hml

Poem of faith in Christ & God..... http://www.pilgrimhall.org.bradfordwilliampoem.htm

Here he speaks of his commitment to the written word of God... http://www.pilgrimhall.org/bradfordwilliamrecords.htm

Here you will read of Christian fellowship... http://www.pilgrimhall.org/bradfordjournaldiserse.htm

Here in his last Will and Testament you will find under books.. some 17 or more books on the Christian faith.... http://www.pilgrimhall.org/willbradford.htm

America is founded on the Christian faith!

And that would include the swearing on the Bible in the court of law, etc , etc. This is who the pilgrims were ...God fearing servants of the Lord Jesus Christ whom through all salvation is received.

If you disagree with the reason the pilgrims left Great Britian and founded a nation under the Lordship of Christ and not man that is your right, but to say it is not so would be very untrue.

I'm sorry you feel those of us who have surrendered to the will of God are as you say "pushing their faith in America", all we are doing is trying to be obedient to God the Father.

In Christ I serve

If for some reason you can not get in to some sites go www.pilgrimhall.org/bradfordwilliam.htm ... and click were it says click :)

Edited by spiersdodgerblue

Guest Biblicist

I say, sign me up for one. :thumbsup::)

If more women, and men for that matter, dressed like that or at least better than they do, at the beach, I might consider taking my family there. Enough of that comes into my home, I don't need to go out looking for immodesty.

In His Mighty Grip,

Bib

:emot-hug: