• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Each Wal-Mart is differen't in how they deal with things like this. At our local Wal-Mart, we are free to sell things to raise money for churches or non-profit organizations as long as we have permission from those running the store first. Did you ask anyone if it was ok to witness before you began? Remember that it is private property. They are running a business, and don't want their customers discouraged from shopping there because they are being bothered by people in the parking lot. Were you simply handing out tracts, or were you actually stopping people and witnessing? There is a lot to this story I don't know, so I am not sure how outraged I should be.

he souldnt have to have "permission" to witness sorry

I disagree...it's a bit impossible to make a good impression or to be a good witness if one isn't allowed on the property to begin with. I see nothing wrong with politely and respectfully asking the Manager/L.O.D. for permission...that's much better than condemning them to eternal judgment just because one has to go through the proper channels.

I agree. Parking lots aren't public property. They are private property that the public is allowed to use, so long as they are doing legitimate business with the private party in ownership. A violation of this nature is a little like spray-painting "Jesus Loves you" on a bathroom stall: the message is lost because of the total (and unnecessary) violation of property.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/04/1970

I guess its their property and they can do with it what they will but ya know, we dont have to shop there anymore. I say BOYCOTT! See how they do without the Christians.

• Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

I guess its their property and they can do with it what they will but ya know, we dont have to shop there anymore. I say BOYCOTT! See how they do without the Christians.

As has been stated, this is -one- store, whose management made a decision. This decision was probably based upon customer complaints. The manager, then, had to decide whether to keep his paying customers happy or the group of kids who -weren't- paying customers.

You can't expect non-Christians to act like Christians -- and frankly, even if -I- ran the store, if I had customer complaints, I'd have probably done the same thing. Putting a flyer under a windshield is one thing -- it doesn't even bug people that much. Accosting them in the parking lot, however, uses their time, and they get mad. It's hard to win converts that way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I would add to that in some municipalities what can be done in any body's parkinglot falls under the jurisdiction of that particular municipality.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/20/1961

Christmas 2005 when no one was saying merry christmas my local Walmart workers, Colville, WA, proudly called out "Merry Christmas" "God Bless". When shopping at Walmart in Spokane Valley I was able to talk to the men at the table set up near the front door, they were raising funds for a local men's Christian rehab and church, but those that weren't interested did not have to stop. It could also be a regional issue. I don't believe boycotting and purposely taking the Christ that is in us out of a place where we are needed, even if it is a bit quieter witness, solves anything. When you witness you will be facing opposition, that is the nature of witnessing, it is spiritual warfare. Satan would love it if no Christian ever set foot there again.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  3

One way I find is easy to help people understand things in situations like this to to imagine another group getting kicked out for the same thing. For example, instead of you getting kicked off private property for witnessing to people, imagine Muslims, Jehovahs Witnesses, or Scientologists getting kicked off for the same thing. I dislike Wal-Mart for other reasons.

Make more sense now?

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/21/1948

One way I find is easy to help people understand things in situations like this to to imagine another group getting kicked out for the same thing. For example, instead of you getting kicked off private property for witnessing to people, imagine Muslims, Jehovahs Witnesses, or Scientologists getting kicked off for the same thing. I dislike Wal-Mart for other reasons.

Make more sense now?

:huh: I feel the same way, we can give tracts out, as long as we do not interfere with their going in or out. Everyone has a schedule. My husband and I gave out tracts last 4th of July. We were shopping also. The tracts were beautiful, wth an Eagle and the American flag on it. We gave out 150 tracts in about 20 minutes. We would hand one to ppl and wish them a Happy 4th of July celebration. The ppl received them so well. Be tacful when handing out tracts. God will bless how you approach ppl when handing out the gospel in a peaceful and wonderful way. I like Wal-mart as far as my shopping needs. IT is alot cheaper in the foods that I use than in some grocery stores. Be tacful and pray. Be kind and let God lead, guide and direct in everything you do or say. YSIC Littlelite

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Hi...I was at the local WalMart today with my fellow classmates witnessing to people....and they kicked us off the property.....yet they can contribute thousands and thousands of dollars to gay organizations....does this sound like it's fair to you? I don't think so...

Personally I think we should boycott WalMart....but then again....who knows?

Anita & Chikachu

Anita,

God bless you for your efforts to spread the Gospel! :huh:

I can understand your dismay, but try to see it from Wal-Marts perspective. If they allow you there, then they have to allow everyone and anyone. Imagine going shopping and being approached by Mormons, JW's, Muslims, atheists, etc. Regardless of what the management believes, they have a responsibility to provide a pleasant shopping experience for their patrons. :o

Why not find a location where you can get permission? Go to a busy downtown neighborhood, and find a Christian-owned business. Ask if you can be on their property to hand out tracts. A smaller business won't be controlled by the same corporate constraints as a Wal-Mart store and you can reach just as many people.

There are many Christian business owners who will be happy to have you there. :39: (I'm not suggesting that is be a "Christian" book store, etc....cause then you're preaching to the choir. Just a store that is owned by Christians.)

Another option is to find a corner where there is a building that is currently vacant, or houses offices/businesses that are closed on weekends/evenings. If anyone comes along and asks you to leave just respectlyfully apologize and move on to another corner.

Or a church property in an area with lots of "foot traffic".

Most importantly, pray to the Holy Spirit to guide you to where He wants you to be.

Who knows? Maybe there WAS one soul that He wanted you to touch at that Wal-Mart...and you have.

Move on.

With Love,

Fiosh

:o

• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

They have legal rights to do what they want on their property. We have rights as Christians to protest their actions by refusing to shop there anymore. Or forgive the ignorance of the managers and pray for their salvation.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

People have rights and businesses have rights. Its also our responsiblitly to respect each others rights. As far as boycotting a store, its your choice to shop there or not. If the buiness asked you to leave, (being in the parking lot and passing out tracts), it was in their right, especially if there was a complaint from a customer. The buisness is there for buisness not your witnessing. You can leave politely, find another parkinglot to witness in, or perhaps change your tactic of witnessing. You were not defeated, nor were you wronged. I dont know the attitude of the person telling you to leave. You could go into the store to pick up an item or two and pass out tracks to customers. Granted, not everyone will be taking one, and do not be discouraged by their rejection. You were not the first to be rejected nor the last, btw, its not you they are rejecting. We are called to witness and we are called to be witnesses. Let the people see Christ in your life. Even when you feel persecuted. Many times it is not what you say but what you do that is a bigger witness to people. LET HIS LIGHT SHINE THROUGH YOU!!!