TreyM

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Wouldn't it would be a lot easier to enjoy your life if there weren't so many things trying to kill you every day? The problems start even before you're fully awake. There's the fall out of bed that kills 600 Americans each year. There's the early-morning heart attack, which is 40% more common than those that strike later in the day. There's the fatal plunge down the stairs, the bite of sausage that gets lodged in your throat, the tumble on the slippery sidewalk as you leave the house, the high-speed automotive pinball game that is your daily commute.

Why am I worrying? Do we not trust God? And what did Jesus have to say about worry? And you know what the biggest problem is? I've added the whole article on my blog this morning if you'd like to read it.

What do you think?

Trey

My Blog: http://rediscovering-church.blogspot.com/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Worry is definitely caused by an untrusting heart. Fear. Fear is not of God. You need to know deep inside that God is so very trustworthy! He takes care of His own. Try it! He won't let you down.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  07/29/1974

Worry is definitely cause by an untrusting heart. Fear. Fear is not of God. you need to know deep inside that God is so very trustworthy! He takes care of His own. Try it! He won't let you down.

Amen Floating!

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Thanks, I need to hear those things.

By nature I am a worrywart, now with kids I am even worse, a whole new level of worry which makes my own personal worries look trivial.

But you guys are right! Worry is bred from fear, and perfect love casts out fear, we are not to worry but trust. It just takes some of us longer.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,582
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

I went through the early morning heart attack with my husband, it will be 3 years on March 13th. What a way to first hand experience God's healing power, His wisdom, His peace, His protection, His Love, His care, His Word, His Glory - In circumstances like these, we see just how God puts His Super into our natural

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I think we all struggle with worry. I especially struggle with worrying about my children. I have done all I can to raise them right, but I still worry.

It's tough.

Trey

http://rediscovering-church.blogspot.com/

Edited by TreyM

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Worry is definitely cause by an untrusting heart. Fear. Fear is not of God. You need to know deep inside that God is so very trustworthy! He takes care of His own. Try it! He won't let you down.

Tray I know just what you are saying. Worry seems to come against all of us, even Christians. I have lived in a constant state of panic for the last four months ever since I learned my husband had cancer. Now he is facing chemotherapy and every time he has to go through a CAT Scan I begin to panic. It's easy to say your going to trust God, walking the walk is a much different thing. I have found however that all the people here at Worthy who has supported me makes a difference. God has never let me down and I just have to believe that His hands are much bigger then mine and He is more then able to carry us through this. It's tough when something in your life threatens someone that is your heart. I would gladly trade places with him and face all of this myself. It would make it so much easier on me then watching him go through all of this. Floatingaxe is right when she says that fear is not of God. The Bible says that He has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound and well balanced mind. When something disrupts your life you can bet it's an attack of the enemy. In all of this I have learned to be a warrior. Sometimes I have to go after the same thing over and over again but I will not let the enemy get the upper hand. It's a moment by moment thing. If you have to do it a hundred times a day tell the devil to get lost, scream it if you have to. Cover yourself and your loved one with the blood of Jesus and never back down.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Worry is definitely cause by an untrusting heart. Fear. Fear is not of God. You need to know deep inside that God is so very trustworthy! He takes care of His own. Try it! He won't let you down.

Tray I know just what you are saying. Worry seems to come against all of us, even Christians. I have lived in a constant state of panic for the last four months ever since I learned my husband had cancer. Now he is facing chemotherapy and every time he has to go through a CAT Scan I begin to panic. It's easy to say your going to trust God, walking the walk is a much different thing. I have found however that all the people here at Worthy who has supported me makes a difference. God has never let me down and I just have to believe that His hands are much bigger then mine and He is more then able to carry us through this. It's tough when something in your life threatens someone that is your heart. I would gladly trade places with him and face all of this myself. It would make it so much easier on me then watching him go through all of this. Floatingaxe is right when she says that fear is not of God. The Bible says that He has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and of a sound and well balanced mind. When something disrupts your life you can bet it's an attack of the enemy. In all of this I have learned to be a warrior. Sometimes I have to go after the same thing over and over again but I will not let the enemy get the upper hand. It's a moment by moment thing. If you have to do it a hundred times a day tell the devil to get lost, scream it if you have to. Cover yourself and your loved one with the blood of Jesus and never back down.

Amen. You won't suffer with fear when you are wearing your armour! You become a warrior, and a defeater of the enemy! Get a sense of how we are more than conquerors! The enemy is an idiot and smaller than we ever imagine! Put your armour on daily--I do it every morning when I pray--you can do it as you dress--with each piece of clothing, speak out loud the armour piece and what it represents! The hosts of hell see that powerful prayer and back off in fear of their own! They see your prayer as effective!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Amen. You won't suffer with fear when you are wearing your armour! You become a warrior, and a defeater of the enemy! Get a sense of how we are more than conquerors! The enemy is an idiot and smaller than we ever imagine! Put your armour on daily--I do it every morning when I pray--you can do it as you dress--with each piece of clothing, speak out loud the armour piece and what it represents! The hosts of hell see that powerful prayer and back off in fear of their own! They see your prayer as effective!

Floatingaxe that is such an excellent idea. I'll do that. Thanks! :emot-handshake:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mellainius

God gave us a sound mind, not one of worry. David trusted God when running from Saul, did he not? So dont worry. Especially the 'fall about of bed' that happens to some. I mean, why worry if you have the CREATOR on your side. And if you did fall out of bed and be off this Earth, think of where you will go. Hope this helps!