• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

saqz, I couldn't have put it better myself. That is why I haven't bothered posting now for a couple of weeks. I'll come back when when the in-fighting and back biting stops. We are supposed to be light and salt.

Thanks for the wake-up call. :blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hi eric :P

I'll come back when when the in-fighting and back biting stops.

I understand your feelings eric, but could it be that the spirit moving the back biters would be very pleased to see you silenced?

There are still good threads with a lot of choice wisdom within them "Understanding the enemy" comes to my mind. :P We need to take every opportunity to shine the light. Let them bite, let their belittling pass through you and give it all to Jesus, Lets keep on loving one another. :P

Sagz :t3:

I know there is no annonymity, but people (I don't think) realize that, or they would be peppering their words here with a different outlook.

I believe you are right Brother. May your words bring many here to stand back and think about their replies before jumping in and shooting first without asking questions.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Gary ,

I didn't mean to point at you or anybody else at all ,who am I to judge?

If we are all honest,don't we all at least have some self, and pride in us?

Maybe it is time to has we a good look at our self to see what we find inside.

Maybe its time to clean out all the clutter of self and pride and realize that we are on this earth to glorify the Lord and to love our brothers and sisters....I am talking about myself too......I'm often upset with myself how I handle things.

Adstar, thank you for your nice words, I know you are a true brother in the Lord and so are many others.......

Its time to get back to the schoolyard days and focus on God and His great love for us, what did He do for us?

And what do we do for Him??

Love in Christ,Angels

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Eric,

I love you brother and hope you come back to this WB to talk with the people who are not back biting, we need you dear brother, you are a great exemple to many of us, I do appriciate you alot!!

Love in Christ,Angels :P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I must admit, fellow brothers and sisters, that I have thought about leaving more times than not. In fact, as I sat here today, I realized that probably the only reason I am here is to pour myself out for the benefit of those that don't believe. It seems that lately, for about the last three months, things have progressed from vilatile to explosive.

The Contoversial thread seems to have found it's way into several forum areas here at Worthy Boards. This is definately regretable as it seems there is little place left to go to get away from some battle or another. What happens when someone just wants to talk? We have recently (it seems) had to create two NEW threads to allow for a "safe haven" if you will.

I do love this place. I used to be a part of a technical, flash development forum board that was strictly secular. I loved that place as well, but yearned for a place to fellowhip and praise and worship the Lord with other siblings in Christ. I have found a few people here. I love them dearly.

What I have isn't a gripe, a beef, or a means to release tension at all. It is a statement brought about by detached observance to what has been going on lately.

In this forum area (Apologetics) alone, there are at least 7 threads started that have nothing to do with faith other than to bash someone elses beliefs. Regretfully, I used to be a part of that. I read a few days ago people throwing around "YOU MUST LOVE ONE ANOTHER," while calling the opposing poster stupid, ignorant, and any other belittleing thing that came to mind. This is partly to be expected in this type of conversational median, as we are not face to face, and are not really accountable to anyone. What is said here, stays here. All we are are words ona computer screen and an avatar. Hardly personal interaction. This is why it is utterly important we season our words and truely THINK about what it is we want to convey. Talking over the internet also gives us the disadvantage of not knowing the tone in which we speak. There are no indicators to give us an idea of the writer's intent.

All this to say that we are slipping and failing as a body to bring fruit to a lost world. We are failing to edify our fellow believers. There is a thread in the controversial section by a good friend bnprayer called "Spots and Wrinkles." I honestly think it is a wonderful read. You will see the misinterpretation that comes as a result of the median we are using to communicate with each other. There are quite a few pages of debate around a central issue, the original intent of the thread, I might add, that we have left our first love, and as a result, have started making excuses for our pitifully sinful lives.

We have failed to realize that love demands action. It demands us to be active in our prusuit of righteousness. It impels us to holy living and a blemishless (new word) life....IN CHRIST, I might add.

We need to be still. And listen. There is a voice calling.....can you hear it? Are you listening? It is saying ,"Come back, My child. I have the strength you need. Come back, and recieve the blessing of My grace!"

Oh, Church! I can hear that small voice! When I close the door to my life, and open the windows of my heart I can smell the gentle breeze wafting in and freshening my life up! He is there at the door, knocking with a smile!! Holding out His able arms if only I can give of my life!

Church!! It is time to turn back! It is time to start ACTING! We must take back the ground we have been decietfully deprived of! Let us be on FIRE!! Let us not stop souting from the rooftops! JESUS IS LORD!! CHRIST IS KING!! HALLELUIAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us stop our prideful bickering and hold fast our common cause....the preaching of the kingdom of heaven....Christ with us...Immanuel...Savior! We have all been transformed....let us then LIVE as new creatures!

~serving you all faithfully in Christ, our Lord

I agree, there's a huge difference between doing apologetics and insulting people but I think internet is actually more personal because people truly speak their minds and that's why sometimes the debates can get overheated.

Anyway, like with everything in life, there's a positive and a negative side.

Let's try to focus on the positive.