• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,822
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

:whistling: from damo1

fellowship can be any were were two people meet and talk it can be over a simple dinner our a coffe or sitting down some were and just sharing and learning from each other

i find it when i am talking to a troubled young youth weather on a park bench or sitting on a gutter and as Wayne b said in jail as when i am not bussy i do go and catch up with the men i had made friends with

fellowship can also be writing a letter of encouragment to some one you do not know as teen challange does this hear wear i live as you can sponcer some one going threw recovery this happend to me i had people that i did not know from my church writting letters of support and encouragment while i was on my second time trying to kick my habbit and this helps a person a lot

yet i also read what you shared and i found it very refreshing yet sadly this does not happen in some churches sorry for being so up front on what i am saying as some have become a club were if you fit in you are welcome and if you do not fit in you get ignored

there is one church that does this hear and only seeks out those who are rich and talented and you are asked up front before you even walk in

thank you from damo1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I really enjoyed your topic, and lesson. I do understand that being in the same room as someone does not mean your having fellowship. I see that like the temple of worship consisted of the outter court, the inner court, and the most holy place which is the deepest form of fellowship. I believe many christians never make it to this place in christian to christian fellowship. Blessings in Christ.... Barry

Good points!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Fellowship is an amazing gift when you are completely fellowshipping in His Spirit and His Truth. There is nothing like getting a group of believers, united in One Spirit worshipping and fellowshipping with the Lord as One. Very few times this has happened in my life - it is wonderful when it does happen and blessed beyond measure.

:th_frusty:

Welcome to Worthy, SoulsForChrist and Smickity Smack!

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

we have a time of fellowship during most of the services at our church we go around and greet one another all over the church.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

We are in fellowship in this forum. Fellowship is the joining together of a group, who hold the same understanding or beliefs. Our fellowship is the understanding of the word of God, within the Holy Spirit.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us.

Everlasting,

Moon over Key Biscayne

:24:

• Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

that is a very good post

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,343
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/03/1964

But the Christian faith is to be lived out in community... You can't love the Body, serve the Body, be obedient if you won't fellowship with the Body

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks Ovedya :thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

What is Fellowship?

By Ovedya

Verses:

"God is faithful, through whom you were called into the felloship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord" (1 Cor. 1:9)

"That which we have seen and heard we report also to you that you also may have fellowship with us, and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ." (1 John 1:3)

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from every sin." (1 John 1:7)

"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." (1 Cor. 13:14)

"And they continued steadfastly in the teaching and the fellowship of the apostles, in the breaking of bread and the prayers." (Acts 2:42)

"The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the fellowship of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the fellowship of the body of Christ?" (1 Cor. 1:10)

~~~~~~~~~~

Fellowship is basically two things: First it is the receiving of fellowship from the throne of Grace, through the Son (1 Cor. 1:9). It is the fellowship of the Father and the Son, by the Spirit, to the believer. Second, fellowship is the mutual fellowship of the Body of Christ, between the members of the Body, in that same flowing of fellowship from the throne of Grace (1 John 1:3; 7; 2 Cor. 13:14; cf Acts 2:42; cf. 1 Cor. 10:16). So the flowing out of fellowship goes out from the throne of Grace, into the believers, and from the believers out to one another.

The word in the Greek means "joint participation, common participation." It is actually the issuing of the eternal life from the throne of Grace and it is the flow of eternal life within all the believers. It can be illustrated by the flowing out of the river of water of life from the throne in the New Jerusalem (Rev. 22:1). All regenerated believers participate in the flow of fellowship from the throne of Grace. This flow is carried out by the Holy Spirit in our regenerated spirit. Therefore, it is called "The fellowship of the Holy Spirit" (2 Cor. 13:14), and the fellowship of our spirit (Phil. 2:1). It is in this flow of fellowship that we, the believers participate in all that the Father, Son, and Spirit are and have done for us.

Fellowship is not simply a discussion among Christians. It is not simply a "meeting of minds" or a debate over topics. One need not be a Christian at all to discuss topics or debate over issues. Anyone can do that. To have genuine fellowship with the Body of Christ a believer must first be in the fellowship of the Triune God. He must first "walk in the light" of fellowship (1 John 1:7). Without the light of fellowship of the Triune God, it is impossible to have fellowship with the members of the Body of Christ. Cutting off the fellowship from the throne also cuts off the fellowship from the Body; just as cutting off the circulation to your hand deprives your fingers of the precious blood, so does the believer who cuts off the flow of fellowship from the throne of Grace.

To have an attitude of fellowship one must first be open to the light of fellowship from the throne. Second, he must also be open to the fellowship of the members of the Body of Christ. Again, this is like the flow of blood in your body. All the members of your physical body must receive the flow of blood as well as send the flow of blood to the other members. In the Body of Christ this requires sacrifice. It requires the cutting of of self and the flesh. It requires that every member be open to the fellowship, regardless if that fellowship is a faithful word for building up, or it is a corrective word that sometimes wounds our pride.

(More to come as the Lord inspires me.)

Ovedya

Ovedya

This is a very interesting subject, fellowship!

If we know this teaching then how does this apply to the Church of today? Are we or can we say we are in true fellowship with each other and the Triune Godhead or is their a core group who can actually say we do fellowship in this way! If this statement is true how can we become the true bride looking at the division we carry and not being one? Could grace given by God correct this division? If not then are all the ones who are not "Quote" walking in this fellowship saved?

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

:laugh: WOW! JESUS IS AWESOME! Beautiful Savior! Thank you for posting this. I find it inspiring to really make a connection with my LORD every waking moment. To live for him every breath I take. Fellowship is such a wonderful gift from GOD! Thank you for this inspiring truth based blog.

:noidea: