• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1989

I'm quite distraught by the number of people who ask an irrelevant question. The question they ask can be asked in different ways, but boils down to the same main point. Why would God let (enter specific tragedy here) happen to us? Now, I'd like to take this opportunity to explain why. The whole time I've been alive, the United States as a whole has been pushing God out of everything. Examples of this are TV, magazines, newspapers, schools, and even the pledge of allegiance. This is all done because it "offends" others. I'm sorry, but if a Jew came up to me and said happy Hanukkah during Christmas time, it wouldn't bother me at all; and I'd most likely wish him/her the same. I see no offense in that. We are all entitled to our own opinions and he/she will have his/her as I have mine. I refuse to be offended by his religion, because it's what he believes and I respect him for that.

Now, seeing as God has been pushed out of every aspect of our lives, why do we see fit to blame Him for our tragedies. We have pushed him out and being the Gentleman that He is, I believe He has done the respectable thing by lifting His protective hand off of America. We are no longer one nation under God, because that may

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

You are very wise beyond your years. I couldn't have said it better.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

Right on the money!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Good post, the only thing I disagree with is the reasoning the US is distancing itself from God. I personally believe that God is being pushed out of things so the appearance of America remains secular and open to all religions. But yeah, I have no problem talking with people of other beliefs, and hearing them talk about their respective holidays etc. In fact, I find it very interesting!

Nice, well thought out and inspiring post :blink:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  45

I think you're mostly right, but I'd add that tragedies like 9/11 are, in fact, punishments from God. America is a nation that murders thousands of babies every year through abortion and is well on its way to legislating same sex marriage, which God calls abomination. As the Bible says, righteousness exalts a nation, but sin will tear it down.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  129
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I think you're mostly right, but I'd add that tragedies like 9/11 are, in fact, punishments from God. America is a nation that murders thousands of babies every year through abortion and is well on its way to legislating same sex marriage, which God calls abomination. As the Bible says, righteousness exalts a nation, but sin will tear it down.

Electric Angel is on :emot-fail: the money here

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Well I think that Electric Angel, couldn't be further away from the money if he tried.

When God executes the punishment, He refers to in His word, the whole world will know about it. not only America. Don't take any notice of what these wannabe modern prophets have to say,read your bible and hear what the Holy Spirit is saying. America is not the only country that is becoming anti christian. It is not the only country that codones abortion and homosexuality. Have you ever been outside your own country. Do you ever watch or read any newspapers or tele news that isn't from Fox or some other anti christian agenda.

I don't cosider 9/11 or Katrina, God's judgement only a headsup for people to pull their heads out of sand.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/31/1981

Well I think that Electric Angel, couldn't be further away from the money if he tried.

When God executes the punishment, He refers to in His word, the whole world will know about it. not only America. Don't take any notice of what these wannabe modern prophets have to say,read your bible and hear what the Holy Spirit is saying. America is not the only country that is becoming anti christian. It is not the only country that codones abortion and homosexuality. Have you ever been outside your own country. Do you ever watch or read any newspapers or tele news that isn't from Fox or some other anti christian agenda.

I don't cosider 9/11 or Katrina, God's judgement only a headsup for people to pull their heads out of sand.

The things that are going on in the world were are are inevitable. The bible says so. And the bible warns us things are going to get much worse. Eric, you are right in saying Americans should look outside their borders. I'm a South African and just last year gay marriages were legalised here. Just the other day there was a debate on whether or not to allow gay issues to be a part of our school curriculum. My first born is only 2. How are things going to be when he starts primary school?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  45

Wow! That's a pretty dramatic heads up.

In any case, I believe 9/11 was a judgment but it also provided many people with an opportunity to repent.

And no, America isn't the only country becoming more anti-Christian. The world is slowly becoming more secular and it will also be judged in due time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

God isn't punishing---at least not yet! He is in His mercy mode at this point because of the work of Calvary. His punishments will be upon the end of the age, after Christ returns.

Right now, what many are seeing as punishments are great consequences of sin in the world. The whole earth is groaning at the sum total of the weight of it all.