• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

I really liked the bit about premeditation through typing; it is very true. There are certaintly times where I could probably have taken another breath, triple-checked my post, and tried to make sure I was as respectful as possible. I think this applies to all of us. I have a few more pointers that I think we all could use as a little reminder when posting/debating:

1) Respect!

-No one wants to feel like they aren't treated equally here on these boards. It is rude, and frankly very unchristian. No matter how upset someone might be, or how strange someone's thoughts might be in your mind, we need to all make sure to treat eachother as a brother or sister, even if we don't see eye-to-eye.

2) Stick to the issue!

-Many times I see threads devolve into baseless personal attacks, and it really makes me ashamed, especially considering this is a Christian board! It usually goes hand in hand with respect devolving, and it also comes about when people start drifting off track. All to many times I have seen posters question another's moral/ethical/religious/political viewpoints when they don't agree with something being brought up, and this verbal attack often has nothing to do with the issue at hand. My best advice here is to avoid making things personal, and attempt to remain as civil as possible while dealing with the issue instead of the poster.

3) Be open to elaboration/asking questions!

-There are times where I don't understand what someone is saying, or trying to say, and I find myself being guilty of putting words in their mouth, or assuming things (and we all know what assuming does, right? :thumbsup: ) If this is the case for someone, feel free to ask (politely) for another poster to ellaborate on their thoughts, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand where someone is going with something! This will help give everyone the chance to express themselves fully, and can open up other people's understandings of the logic behind arguements.

4) Keep an open mind!

-All of us have our own viewpoints on issues, and oftentimes people's viewpoints don't match. When you are in an arguement with another poster, it often helps to keep an open mind, and to seriously consider what the other person is trying to say. You may not agree with them, but if you can understand WHY they think the way they do, it is worth it. And who knows, perhaps from time to time you will learn to see something differently than how you first saw it! We are here to learn from eachother and grow as Christians, not 'win' a thread.

That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are more. I know I am probably guilty of breaking all 4 of my rules from time to time on these boards, but I will make sure to do my best to adhere to these rules. Hopefully others think the same!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I have learned one thing on worthy boards if you are in the minority you get alot of flack

som kind some not so kind but lets be honest here it is real easy to be nasty to some one on a computer

if you were face to face it would be more diffucult

I made a comment once about not calling certain people my chrsitian brothers and sister in the Lord it was my opionion but you would have thought I had invited the devil to dinner

You see you don't have to play devils advocate you just have to hold a differing opinion to get flack

So the thing is is the devil doing this or is it just human nature to do it ??

think about this The devil gets alot of credit where none is due and he doesn't get credit when it is diserved

we can agree in love

we can dissagree in love

some just get a kick out of being divisive

some love to rial others

but if we remember that the Lord knows our hearts and our motives then how we act in here and with others makes Him the final judge

I don't ever intend to hurt any one but have done so with words and have apologized to them but there have been times when I have stood my ground and not backed down feeling I was correct how we do things is just as improtant as why we do them

Guard your words and check your motives :thumbsup:

In Christ

IreneM

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/18/1976

I think Gia has offended me.................

:emot-questioned:

No seriously, Gia is a breath of fresh air when things go astray. She and I are co moderators on another message board local to where we live and she is always the one to bring civility and kindness back into focus. Everything she does is surrounded by that mood.

Keep up the good work.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I think Gia has offended me.................

:noidea:

No seriously, Gia is a breath of fresh air when things go astray. She and I are co moderators on another message board local to where we live and she is always the one to bring civility and kindness back into focus. Everything she does is surrounded by that mood.

Keep up the good work.

LEKKIE!!!!!!!!

My brother and friend!

Where ya been?

I have missed ya.

Guess what?

I'm gonna be a gramma!

Dont tell the gypsies tho, they can be brutal when it comes to personal stuff.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Is it just me or are the boards under attack?

Hi all,

I've only been here a few days but it doesn't take long to hurt someone or push their buttons :21:

So if I have managed to offend anyone in this forum I apologize right now for it.

Coming from another forum where pushing buttons seemed to be the main topic, I can quite understand your concern, Gia.

Just finished reading this thread and the fact that so many here are honestly concerned with the issue you brought up, is a breath of fresh air in itself.

This forum was recomended by a friend and she has yet to be proved wrong about her recomendation.

I want to thank you, Gia, and this forum in general for a warm inviting place.

I don't promise to agree with anything, but I do agree to disagree, if/when that happens.

God bless you and this forum :):noidea::blink:

Awww, how kind of you Hupo.

Welcome to Worthy boards!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

We are not all brothers and sisters in Christ

there are many here who are not christians and do not claim to be

there are some here who are not christian period

so as in the world there is going to be dissagreements

how we handle them is the issue

In Christ

IreneM

But those of us who ARE brothers and sisters in Christ should treat eachother with the respect.

We should know better.

That is why I think there is more than just disagreements going on here.

I think satan doesnt like this place and is trying to make us destroy it from within.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

amen...we really unity to come to the body of Christ... i think that sometimes on the internet it is hard because you don't see facial expressions and it is so easy to misinterpret something like me...or then again you have some dummy like me that is not good at putting their thoughts into words....thanks for sharing...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

But those of us who ARE brothers and sisters in Christ should treat eachother with the respect.

We should know better.

That is why I think there is more than just disagreements going on here.

I think satan doesnt like this place and is trying to make us destroy it from within.

It's a safe bet that satan has his grubby fingers stuck in this forum.

Satan is very clever but you know....there is a built in flaw in his evil deeds.

When I feel satan is on the attack, I know I am on the right path, or else why would he bother?

God bless and guard this forum ;)