• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

sorry, who aren't related?

And if it comes back as "true" by the guys in NY, then a lot of people's faith will be shaken :emot-hug:

What can we show them?

They found the crypts of several people with marks they interpreted to say: "Jesus son of Joseph, Mary, Mary, Joseph, etc."

They are not related.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

This may rattle those whose faith is shakey at best. But those whose faith is strong would not take the words, mere conjecture by men, over the word of God.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

His DEATH is one thing. His glorious bodily RESURRECTION quite another. I live by faith, not sight. I'm not moved by the nails, of the cross, its wood or the shroud. I am moved by the wondrous FACT that Jesus died a sacrificial & all-atoning death in my place and that He has conquered death & hell for me. Hallelujah! I wonder if that particular archaeologist knows Christ by faith....much more important!

Amen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

This "discovery" happened back in the 80's and is the exact location where the earlier box of bones was discovered, I think that box was purported to be the brother of Jesus, it was proven a fraud and a forgery. The person that made the first box of bones discovery is in prison now and serving time for either stealing artifacts or forging them. Anyway, you won't hear the news reporting this, but like I said, these were all buried in the same hole as that other discovery, so it's obvious someone, probably a gnostic buried those, hoping they'd be discovered one day and destroy Christianity. I guess they never thought they'd be proven a fraud by a science that didn't exist until about 15 years ago.

But, like we already know, Christians won't be fooled by this, many nonbelievers will however. James Cameron has shamelessly manufactured this "discovery" to get free airtime to promote his mockumentary.

But, from an objective POV:

Director wants to make a documentary that destroys Christianity, director needs evidence, director "discovers" evidence to support his preconceived notions, director then uses evidence to prove his point and promote his film.

How can you be an objective reporter if your mind is already made up? More liberal anti-Christian propaganda, they aren't after Christians, they're after potential Christians.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

There is forensic evidence that Jesus was indeed very dead when removed from the cross. Because of the shortage of qualified coroners I would have to say shortly before the Roman soldier pierced His side releasing the water and blood from the pericardium surrounding the heart. Where the heck are those CSI guys when you need them? And no one thought to collect a DNA sample to compare it to at that time.

After Christ was removed from the cross he was placed in a sepulcher, fearing that the body may be stolen the religious leader begged Pilate for a Roman Guard, I believe consisted of 10 fully armed soldiers highly trained and the best in the world at that time. Failure of duty meant certain death for these soldiers. Chances of Jesus just walking out in the morning with a fine howdy do to the Roman Guard is highly unlightly. And the chance for a handful of fisherman over powering those same Roman guards just as unlightly.

Apparently these fully armed professional Roman soldiers fell into a state of shock at the appearance of an angel. Whether shock or even falling asleep they would have been punished severely if not put to death for failing in there duty to keep the sepulcher sealed and secured.

Irish

Mat 27:64 Command therefore that the sepulcher be made sure until the third day, lest haply his disciples come and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: and the last error will be worse than the first.

Mat 27:65 Pilate said unto them, Ye have a guard: go, make it as sure as ye can.

Mat 27:66 So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, sealing the stone, the guard being with them.

Mat 28:4 and for fear of him the watchers did quake, and became as dead men.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

He responded back to me and told me he agreed with me!! Now, mind you, this Israeli is not a Messianic Jew, but even he could see that it was a hoax from what I had written to him on the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the Scriptures. God may just use this story for His own glory!! :rofl:

Amen! May it be so, Lord!!