IGNORED

Using Symbolism To Interpret Dreams

Guest AbelaJohnB

Guest AbelaJohnB

Hello All.

I've had a number of close friends, most who do not know each other, share with me at different times that they felt, or rather heard from God, (prophetic words for me) that I am to (re)write meanings for symbolism that many people use to help interprete dreams, visions, wow's, etc.

While I've always been a person interrested in how God relates His creations back to His Own identite, and I see it time and time again in the Word of God, I'm just not sure -how far- we are to take symbolism within our lives. Especially when it comes to intimate times such as receiving (interpreting) what God is speaking to us.

I'd be interrested in hearing everyones thoughts on how far you feel we should take symbolism within prophetic interpretation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

I'd be interrested in hearing everyones thoughts on how far you feel we should take symbolism within prophetic interpretation.

I don't know how this would bear out in interpreting dreams and such, because the would mean the same symbol in each person's dreams would have to mean the same thing and also match up with the Biblical symbol and interpretation across the board. I don't think symbolism, esp. in the dream world and visions are that straightforward, a lot are very individual and personalized.

Symbolism in nature, on the other hand, fascinates me. Romans 1:20 says that we can clearly see the Godhead in His creation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Be very careful not to dabble in occult things, those things sound very "new age" to me.

God Bless,Angels

Guest AbelaJohnB
I don't know how this would bear out in interpreting dreams and such, because the would mean the same symbol in each person's dreams would have to mean the same thing and also match up with the Biblical symbol and interpretation across the board.  I don't think symbolism, esp. in the dream world and visions are that straightforward, a lot are very individual and personalized.

Symbolism in nature, on the other hand, fascinates me.  Romans 1:20 says that  we can clearly see the Godhead in His creation.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I tend to agree that sybmolism is much more personalized in dreams than they are, say, in nature as you present.

Be very careful not to dabble in occult things, those things sound very "new age" to me.

Hey Angels, thanks for the caution. I do, however, feel that what may sound 'new age' to you, could be sound principles for GOD communicating to mankind.

Do you suppose HE put two angels on the top of the tabernacle for the simple 'sake of'?

I tend to believe HE but them there to be very symbolic.

I think we've allowed the "new age era" to ruin a major part of Christian belief.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

The scripture is full of things to be interpeted spiritually. The truth as to how it is to be applied however, can only be revealed by the Holy Spirit. Many things in scripture can have a personal meaning but not all the time. I personally think it is deceptive to think we must see all things literally and here is why.

John 16

25"Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

Matthew 13

12Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. 13This is why I speak to them in parables:

• 4 years later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Let me tell you about a dream that I had.... I think it would go along with this, at least I hope so...

I dreamed that a friend of mine name Jack called me and invited me to dinner with him.... I was to meet him at a particuliar restuarant... When I got there, the restuarant was on top of this huge building, but the only way to get to the top, was to climb up the corner of the building... (you know how like logs houses are built, with the logs extending out?) Now normally, I am scared of heights but I climbed up that building really unafraid.... As I got to the top, the door opened, and I caught this elderly woman, as she went to step out.... As I pushed her back in, and I climbed in the door, the room that I entered was beautiful.... Beautiful chandiliers, white linen tableclothes, and napkins, and real china, and glassware... But along the room were several doors.... I opened the first one and it was like a broom closet, so I closed that door.... The next one was people eating and I closed it... As I opened the third door, it was dark and I went in... I felt the room began to move, like I was on a subway or something... The next thing that I knew---I was back where I started from... But coming down the street was Jack and one of his sisters in a new car.... He stopped and I got in, and he said lets go eat---I remember thinking OH NO, I've got to climb up that building again.... But he drove pass the front of the building--to the back-and there was a beautiufl drive..... It was paved and had sidewalks along both sides of it, with flowers and beautiful green grass.... and a well lit parking lot... When I woke up, I thought wow, what a weird dream---It stayed with me for several days.... Finally, I realized what the dream meant to me---- I'm hardheaded---I always take the hard route... I always do things the hard way... I never look for an easier way, I just go with what is there and go.... There was a better way---I just have to look for it.... The completed beautiful driveway... I could have walked up that with no problem... I really believe that GOD was showing me my life.... How I make things worse on myself than it should be...

Anyway---I hope that helps someone.... I believe in dreams---I believe that God uses them to lead us sometimes or to teach us something... I had another one, that I'll tell you about sometimes.... It was awesome too.... GOD bless ya....

Edited by browneyedgirl2