• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

what do u guys think about someone preaching in a spiritual retreat about deliverance and inner healing and just last week he had unmarital sex ..i dont know if he repented or not .....i know because the girl he did it with is my sister and friend in Christ????????????????????

Why is it people consider sexual sins to be "worse" than anything else anyway?

LOL yeah that one baffles me too. Sin is sin. Doesn't make any difference if it is a cuss word or if he had an affair. God isn't particular in his view on sin. Its all the same to him.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

God does have an issue with sexual sin. It is evidenced in the way He likens Israel's waywardness to harlotry.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

LOL yeah that one baffles me too. Sin is sin. Doesn't make any difference if it is a cuss word or if he had an affair. God isn't particular in his view on sin. Its all the same to him.

:th_praying: How stupid do you think God is? Is murder the same as a cuss word to you, or to society in general? If we know the difference, what makes you think God doesn't? Would a court of law agree with you, it's all the same? Parking ticket = death penalty? Murder = $3.00 fine?

1Jo

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

you should make sure you know he is sining this requires looking into the word. If he has you should talk to him quietly yourself.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

;) How stupid do you think God is? Is murder the same as a cuss word to you, or to society in general? If we know the difference, what makes you think God doesn't? Would a court of law agree with you, it's all the same? Parking ticket = death penalty? Murder = $3.00 fine?

1Jo 5:16

If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

1Jo 5:17

All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

1Co 6:18

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

1Co 6:19

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1Co 6:20

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1Co 3:16

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Co 3:17

If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Does this sound like a little thing to God?

1Co 9:27

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Comitting the sin of theft, compared to the sin if murder. God doesn't care. They both will land you in the fire if your not a child of his.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Blimey this is going the way I thought it would, talk about judging and sentencing without the facts. Anyone reading the end of this would think he has committed genocide and is involved in the occult. I also point out again that this is a serious allegation and could become libellous if more facts are made known about this persons identity.

Yes This man has committed a sin, sex outside of marriage, as adultery isn

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

WOW!!

This has gone in all different directions! First, if you, "Dear Judy", were seeking guidance on whether to go to a retreat that this man was teaching at or not, I believe you answered yourself in your own post. Seeking general guidance from a message board on these matters will generate exactly what you got. While it is True that in God's eyes there is no difference in "sin levels" we DO know, contrary to several posters beliefs, that there is specific Biblical Prescription for various sins especially for those of sexual deviancies from God's Word. Also, those who deal with this young man should be from his own church without interference of knowledge by others not there ..... like us.

This does border more on a gossip session for too much info was given to the wrong people here. It matters not whether he or she were married, what leadship he is in, if they are involved or it was a one night fling, there is no measurable difference to the act for it was done by both defiling the Temple of the Holy Spirit of God. Plain and Simple.

Nothing is unforgivable except one and wwe do not need to bring that up here. Yet, The Biblical Prescription should be followed by that Church. Those "more Spiritual", Holy Ghost filled leaders or elders should take this in hand not those who are fallen into the very sin nor those who would make a bigger mess of it that lack the Spiritual Maturity and leadership of Christ within. I fear that if the leadership is as presented and do know and are not dealing with it as Biblically Prescribed, that Church is being led wrong and headed for derisions and failure in The Lord.

Prayer is NEEDED not as much for the sinners but for that Church and it's leaders. The letters to the Seven Churches comes to my mind. Thyatira allowed the spirit of Jezebel and her sexual sins to flourish within the Church. Jesus warned that except she and her children (those following her doctrines of fornication) repent, He will "kill her children with death...." Paul chastised the Corinthians for NOT judging Righteously and putting the fornicator out from them and turning him over to satan for the possible salvation of his soul. You see, we are not doing a person any favors by simply forgiving and let live. If they do not repent by the private meeting or, by the witness of two in private or, by bringing them before the Church as a final attempt, they must be "turned out". If not, it infects the whole body or most of it.

To "Dear Judy":

Go to the other head Pastor and ask him what will they do. If nothing, pray mightily what Jesus would have you do and if He directs you to leave, then do so. But, He may well have you stay to be a light and pray for this Church. You never know until you ask Him and not man.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Lu

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I would think that he needs inner healing himself and is a hypocrite to be standing up preaching when he violated chastity in this way.