IGNORED

Is CCM the devils plot to polute good Christian music?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

I wouldn't say it's Satanic. Just shallow, theologically off, watered down, and lacking in any artistic value. :thumbsup:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/28/1982

I think its all got to do with what you can relate to. I like lots of different styles of music, everything from classical to metal. My father on the other hand only likes 60's music. He thinks todays stuff is rubbish and without substance.

There are "ccm" songs out there that have touched me more than any hym has. There are powerful songs that have been used by God to speak into my life.

Just a thought

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Even with CCM, you can tell what is anointed and what is not. Personally, some CCM is what has gotten me thru some very rough times, because of the words to the songs. They ministered to me powerfully. And some were prayers.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

I used to listen to this music alot back in the 90's, and alarm bells went off in my head, when I began to hear it in my local supermarket. No one seemed offended by it. Alot of these people sing about everything and anything except Jesus, and His wonderful saving power. They sing about their kids, their wife, their dog ( Goldies last day) is a good example of this.

I don't remember the name of the group, but one of their members dog died, so he wrote a song about it called Goldies last day. That maybe alright for secular radio, but it has no place in a ministry where you are trying to save the lost.

I can go on and on, about songs that do not glorfy the Lord Jesus Christ, but to be fair, some of the artists, do mention Jesus, and sing about salvation, Just not enough of them. I don't like this kind of music anymore, and now listen to praise and worship music.

:rolleyes:

Some of the music from the 70's that people thought was so terrible then is now on the Disney kids' radio station, it's so tame compared to today's "music". Some of today's "music" in on it, too. It's all considered harmless now.

Today's kids know every word to every popular song and have iPods to listen to it constantly, but how many of them know any Christian songs?

There is even an iPod pillow they can put the iPod in, so they can fall alseep listening to it. My granddaughter got one for Christmas--from her mom.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Since CCM is contemporary Christian music. that leads me to believe that CCM has been around since the first song to honour Jesus. What makes it contemporary is that it's new, what makes it Christian is that it serves God. What makes it music is... well it has rythm and melody.

So if CCM is evil, then Onward Christian Soldiers was evil when it first came out.

I don't get it. :whistling:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

When did Steve Camp get all self-righteous?

I can kinda see his point about the Chevy tour...but geez, he makes it sound like Third Day and Max Lucado have turned their lives over to satan or something.

I guess now that his career is dead he can sit back and criticize everyone else. Not that all CCMs are perfect...I know from personal experience they are not. He sounds like a KJV-only lyrics kinda guy. I read all three articles and all it did for me was make me sad for Steve Camp.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

I used to listen to this music alot back in the 90's, and alarm bells went off in my head, when I began to hear it in my local supermarket. No one seemed offended by it. Alot of these people sing about everything and anything except Jesus, and His wonderful saving power. They sing about their kids, their wife, their dog ( Goldies last day) is a good example of this.

I don't remember the name of the group, but one of their members dog died, so he wrote a song about it called Goldies last day. That maybe alright for secular radio, but it has no place in a ministry where you are trying to save the lost.

I can go on and on, about songs that do not glorfy the Lord Jesus Christ, but to be fair, some of the artists, do mention Jesus, and sing about salvation, Just not enough of them. I don't like this kind of music anymore, and now listen to praise and worship music.

:emot-highfive:

Let us look at it this way. Take a great profound 200 year old hymn. Put modern beat and music to the exact words. It the song now less Godly?

Ok Hr, think of it this way. Take the movies and tv like they were when the industry first started, there was no cursing, nudity, or little if any violence. Now here is where I use the Boiling frog analogy; take a frog place him in room temperature water, and start turning up the heat slow, the frog doesn't even realize he is being cooked, until it's too late.

Now back to the tv and movie industry, slowly but surely producers starting adding little cuss words at first, then more cuss words, stronger cuss words, then subjects like homosexuality. When I was a child, tv shows on prime time, today, during the 70's would be rated x.

But now it's the norm to see to people lying in bed with each other, half nude, and making out.

I was watching an interview on the new movie called Ghost Rider; the female lead said; " I took the part because I thought giving your soul to the devil was cool".

The message of the gospel will offend the unbeliever, Christ tells us this, but CCM is getting so watered down, and Christless, that the offense is gone. Even as Christians, if you can walk into a room with unbelievers, and they don't blink, then you better had re-examine your Christianity

But again to be fair, there are some artists, that still try to maintain the Christ centernedness, but I expect, that CCM has run it's course, at least for me and my household.

Praise and worship music is a blessing and I now enjoy that. :21:

Spiritman, what is the difference between CCM and praise and worship music? Whe records it? I'm curuois because, tho I really like some CCM, a lot of it all sounds alike, and doesn't do anything for me, and I would like to listen to something that does.