IGNORED

Is CCM the devils plot to polute good Christian music?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/28/1982

I heard it said that bands that play "ccm" are doing the devils work. Aparrently the music is "rooted in satanism" because it has an up-beat sound and is rock n' roll. People like Michael W Smith, Hillsongs, Vinyards, Casting Crowns and the like are doing a terrible thing. What do you think about that?

I will respond to your remarks tomorrow. I look forward to hearing what you all have to say about the above.

God bless!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LadyC
I heard it said that bands that play "ccm" are doing the devils work. Aparrently the music is "rooted in satanism" because it has an up-beat sound and is rock n' roll. People like Michael W Smith, Hillsongs, Vinyards, Casting Crowns and the like are doing a terrible thing. What do you think about that?

I will respond to your remarks tomorrow. I look forward to hearing what you all have to say about the above.

God bless!

i think that there is nothing new under the son. people were probably saying david's music was of the devil too.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

What is CCM music?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

CCM stands for Contemporary Christian Music. As I have stated earlier in a different thread, I think beat has absolutly nothing to do with music being "good" or "bad", it is all about the lyrical qualities that make music "christian" or "secular" or "satanic". Seeing as CCM has christian lyrics, I don't think that the "beat" is anything satanic. Music is music.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

i think that there is nothing new under the son. ...

;)

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  86
  • Birthday:  09/28/1982

I gotta agree with hambergers there.

I didnt even know that they were calling it ccm until a short while ago. It actually makes me wuite mad because its taking away from good godly music and making it into something suspicious and wrong.

I have rocked out to Christian music and felt the Holy Spirit. The people who moan about the beat are people who prefer hyms. Its understandable that they dont like rock but why not use something like rock and turn it into something holy?

Sean

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  110
  • Birthday:  10/04/1959

I love CCM. I went to a Church that said it was sinful and that only southern gospel was Godly. I asked them if David wrote southern gospel. I think music is like clothes, as long as it is clean and decent, styles vary, but it does make it sinful.

A quick study of the life of Rich Mullins would open up some people eyes.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

God bless!

I think there is some very good Christian music, some just plain awful. Some exalts the Lord, a lot of it exalts one's self and one's feelings. Hymns are the same; some glorify God, others glorify man. In the end, music is what it is; makes you feel good or melancholy.

Guest shiloh357

God bless!

I believe that such accusations really go overboard. Different styles of music minister to different demographics. Michael Sweet and his group called, "Stryper," back in the 80s spoke to folks who would NEVER have listened to Amy Grant or David Meece.

I love Bill Gaither's homecoming series. I ministers to me. However, there are many people who do not care for Southern Gospel, and prefer more modern stuff. I also like Messianic Jewish music, but that is just a matter of personal preference.

The Lord uses different kinds of music to speak to different people. There are a lot of people who are ministered to by African-American Gospel which has a strong soul flavor. It just depends on the person.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I have heard that the beat of music is bad, intruments are bad, chants are bad and eggs are bad for you.

What I realy believe, is that as long as we put God first in our lives, every day, all day long, all that "bad stuff" doesnt matter compared to God. I also believe man to be evil and not objects. Evil men can use objects, to make bad things happen, but objects, are not inherently bad.

As for what type of music I listen too; lots of CCM. Its music I can lift my voice to God with. But as with any type of music, what are you doing with it?