IGNORED

What's your theological worldview?

ayin jade

some of the questions weren't as specific as they could have been...and I could think of other questions to have asked but I suppose it was at least "interesting". There were 2 questions about specific people that I have never heard of so they must be unimportant to me, eh?

I have no idea what Wesley taught...and I think a majority of Methodist churches are mostly shells of religion these days. I've only stepped foot into 2 or 3 of them in my life so I don't know why this poll catagorizes me with being Methodist.

You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan.

(I have no idea what Wesley taught...and I think a majority of Methodist churches are mostly shells of religion these days. I've only stepped foot into 2 or 3 of them in my life so I don't know why this poll catagorizes me with being Methodist)

You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

93%

Fundamentalist

82%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

64%

Reformed Evangelical

64%

Emergent/Postmodern

61%

Neo orthodox

43%

Classical Liberal

39%

Modern Liberal

36%

Roman Catholic

0%

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/18/1982

You scored as Fundamentalist.

You are a fundamentalist. You take the Bible as the foundation of your faith and read it very literally, and it shapes your worldview. Non-fundamentalist Christians have watered-down the Gospel in your view, and academic study of the Bible stops us from 'taking God at his word.' Science is opposed to faith, as it contradicts basic biblical truths.

Fundamentalist

79%

75%

Neo orthodox

64%

Reformed Evangelical

61%

Roman Catholic

57%

Emergent/Postmodern

43%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

39%

Classical Liberal

39%

Modern Liberal

39%

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

71%

Neo orthodox

57%

Fundamentalist

50%

Emergent/Postmodern

43%

Reformed Evangelical

43%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

21%

Classical Liberal

7%

Modern Liberal

7%

Roman Catholic

0%

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

You are a fundamentalist. You take the Bible as the foundation of your faith and read it very literally, and it shapes your worldview. Non-fundamentalist Christians have watered-down the Gospel in your view, and academic study of the Bible stops us from 'taking God at his word.' Science is opposed to faith, as it contradicts basic biblical truths.

Some of these statements are not true for me, as I do not believe that all science is opposed to a life of faith, because there is much science that does not contradict basic biblical beliefs. Also, the academic study of the Bible may not stop us from taking God at His Word. It depends on what the theological view of the institution is and who is doing the teaching. Not all schools and universities are hopelessly liberal in their view of God and theology in general. I am somewhat put out by the "all-or-never" tone of the survey. As far as being a fundamentalist is concerned, that simply means that your faith rests on the basic fundamentals found in Scripture, rather than the explaination of the Scriptures the various denominations (especially the main line ones) come up with. Your faith is based more on what God says than what any one particular denomination may be offering and it is not a bad thing.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/13/1987

You scored as Neo orthodox.

You are neo-orthodox. You reject the human-centredness and scepticism of liberal theology, but neither do you go to the other extreme and make the Bible the central issue for faith. You believe that Christ is God's most important revelation to humanity, and the Trinity is hugely important in your theology. The Bible is also important because it points us to the revelation of Christ. You are influenced by Karl Barth and P T Forsyth.

Neo orthodox

82%

79%

Fundamentalist

79%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

68%

Reformed Evangelical

61%

Emergent/Postmodern

57%

Classical Liberal

50%

Roman Catholic

36%

Modern Liberal

29%

I've always thought myself to be a Evangelical Fundamentalist with Charismatic tendencies, but whatever.

Edited by the inside out

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

My friends I took the test it was pretty funny for me. The people they asked about I had no idea who they were so I took the middle ground. I know we all use labels to see if we can fit people under that label with a certain set of beliefs. I hate labels. For me it is to general. Anyway I had to look up three of my top % to see what they meant. But it was fun to see the results. The only label i accept is that I am a saved sinner and an adopted child of God. Love in Christ littlejoe

Guest The Chief

You scored as Fundamentalist. You take the Bible as the foundation of your faith and read it very literally, and it shapes your worldview. Non-fundamentalist Christians have watered-down the Gospel in your view, and academic study of the Bible stops us from 'taking God at his word.' Science is opposed to faith, as it contradicts basic biblical truths.

(I had to take a tie-breaker; it didn't indicate which direction I would have gone, but I saw the literal Creation in 6 days as more "important" than a theologian :whistling: )

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Now here's a shocker: :emot-highfive:

You scored as Roman Catholic.

You are Roman Catholic. Church tradition and ecclesial authority are hugely important, and the most important part of worship for you is mass. As the Mother of God, Mary is important in your theology, and as the communion of saints includes the living and the dead, you can also ask the saints to intercede for you.

Roman Catholic

100%

Neo orthodox

86%

82%

Classical Liberal

50%

Emergent/Postmodern

46%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

32%

Modern Liberal

29%

Reformed Evangelical

21%

Fundamentalist

7%

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

What's your theological worldview? Take the quiz.

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870

My results:

You scored as Reformed Evangelical.

You are a Reformed Evangelical. You take the Bible very seriously because it is God's Word. You most likely hold to TULIP and are sceptical about the possibilities of universal atonement or resistible grace. The most important thing the Church can do is make sure people hear how they can go to heaven when they die.

Im curious what your results are.

I am not taking that test because I do not know what half of those people or things mean...ALl I know is that I take the whole Bible literally...i believe men have free will to choose GOd...and if anyone wants to know what I believe, just ask...oh and I am sold out for Jesus Christ. He is the utmost center of my life. I live to please Him, not through what I can do, but through faith...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 100% ----- What is this? :emot-highfive:

Charismatic/Pentecostal 89%

Neo orthodox 61%

Reformed Evangelical 57%

Fundamentalist 54%

Emergent/Postmodern 46%

Classical Liberal 21%

Modern Liberal 7%

Roman Catholic 0%