• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Hello, and blessings in our Lord Jesus Christ,

I am new to this board and have joined because I am seeking advice. I have not been in a church fellowship for a long time, for many reasons, but have recently joined a new Fellowship of mostly young Christians. They are lovely and wonderful and welcoming. Meanwhile, some urgent needs within my family have become apparent and I am looking for some very sound advice on a very thorny question - at least, it is to me. I asked Jesus to be my Saviour when I was 6 years old and continued in The Way until I was 15, at which point I backslid and didn't come back to the Lord until I was 25, During that time I made some life-changing decisions with consequences that I am still living with, even though I know I am forgiven for the wrong choices I made when I was out of fellowship. I am now 50 yrs ++ with nine children and an unbelieving husband. Or, at least, he says he wants to believe but his behaviour and actions deny his protestations. But that's not my immediate problem. When I chose to be unequally yoked with an unbeliever, I didn't know the half of what I was letting myself and my children in for. I believe that God has led me to honour my marriage vows for better or worse, and I've had to accept the worst. But I can see signs of "the sins of the fathers".. and demonic oppression - serious demonic oppression, in them - not just a vague headache kind of stuff. Visible (to the oppressed) evil spirits that can cause intense fear and trembling. Spirits that I am called to pray against. I do not think that this topic really belongs in the welcome forum, nor even in the outer courts, as I am not a seeker, I KNOW Jesus is THE way, THE truth, THE life, and have been baptised in water and the Spirit. But I cannot access the "inner court" where such topics would be better discussed unless I have ten posts to my name, and I am disinclined to make small talk so as to achieve a ten-post ticket to the "inner forum". I really would welcome the Godly advice of longstanding believers. I recognise that as a woman my ministry is limited - not only in theory, but in practice, especially when one is dealing with evil spirits. If a moderator could place this in an appropriate forum, I would be more than grateful and would then feel more able to explain the specific circulmstances that have lead me to seek help from the wider Body of Christ.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Welcome to Worthy, methinkshe! :th_praying:

I know exactly what you are discussing! I have lived it myself, having backslid as a teen until I was 22, married a Christian man, but somehow my children have each been affected demonically. We dealt with it, but it was very difficult, and the manifestations were very, very real.

I would love to discuss this with you, maybe in PM, if that is made possible.

In the meantime, hold fast to Jesus! He is Lord and He wins!

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

Welcome.

I moved this from the Welcome Forum to the Looking for Advise Forum. It should get more answers and attention here

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Welcome.

I moved this from the Welcome Forum to the Looking for Advise Forum. It should get more answers and attention here

I also changed your status to "members" so you can access Inner Court.

If you have problems accessing, please feel free to email us at worthyboards@gmail.com.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Sister, what makes you think that because you are a woman you are somehow 'limited' in handling demonic spirits? You are not. By Jesus Christ, place an impassable boundary around your family, and prohibit their ingress.

You have that authority.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Welcome to Worthy.

I have too been away from the presence of God after I was baptized and been on missions. But I did come back under God's grace and dealt with what I believe to be demonic spirits. God is so awesome and cleasned our house, and our lives. My son, when he was 10 was hearing voices telling him to "kill". He is now 16, and has a heart for Jesus and a strong will to follow Him. God is amazing and will do amazing things in your life. I will be praying for you and your family.

Welcome to Worthy, methinkshe! :th_praying:

I know exactly what you are discussing! I have lived it myself, having backslid as a teen until I was 22, married a Christian man, but somehow my children have each been affected demonically. We dealt with it, but it was very difficult, and the manifestations were very, very real.

I would love to discuss this with you, maybe in PM, if that is made possible.

In the meantime, hold fast to Jesus! He is Lord and He wins!

Thank you so much for your response and for moving this topic to a more appropriate forum. Thank you, too, for your offer to continue this discussion via PM and your reassurance that I am not the only person who has had to deal with demonic activity in one's children. I think that it may be necessary at some point to revert to PM's because the background I have to describe is so bad that one really doesn't want to air it in public. On the other hand, in a general sense, I believe I should continue this in public, not the least because I had never thought such manifestations possible and maybe there are others like me who meed to be enlightened concerning the reality of demonic attacks. My background is Christian evangelical for many centuries - believing parents, grandparents, great-grandparents etc for several hundred years. Until I married an unbeliever who represented himself quite dishonestly. Now, in my children, I see the sins , especially of sexual immorality, being visited on my children. But in a very spiritual stronghold sense. I didn't know until 5 years after we were marrried and with 2 children, that my husband had been in a longstanding incestuous relationship...and more. Now, one daughter, K, is terribly troubled. She was raped when she was 20 yrs old by a man who used a date rape drug but she was to ashamed to report it to the police and didn't even tell me until 3 years later. She has terrible demonic visitations and, she tells me, had had them even before the rape incident. The night before last she woke me just after midnight - and that with difficulty because the demons were suppressing her - to tell me that "they" were back again. She SEES these demons and trembles and shakes in fear. They enter her head so that she even sees me through their eyes and cannot bear to look at me so I hold her to my breast and bury her head whil telling them in the name of Jesus to depart - but I have to use force because she pulls back. When I call upon the name of the Lord Jesus the demons become angry until, when I persist, either vanish in flames or go, so she tells me. This is a very brief account - I don't want to go into too much detail except to say that these eveil spirits are so real that the last time they visted her, I feared for her safety and had to call on on one my sons who is by no means grounded in the faith but has a knowledge of Christ and a desire for Jesus, but still retains doubts and has not yet really committed his life to the Lord, to join me in praying with my daughter, his sister, and commanding the evil spirits to leave, in the name of Jesus. It was only when his voice was added to mine that they eventually left her in peace. I am using the Sword of the Spirit and the Helmet of Salvation, but every time my daughter, K, tries to get closer to the Lord, the demonic attacks increase, and I don't think that on my own I can manage them - I feel that I need a man's authority. But my husband cannot help. She iwill be going for ministry to the elder of the new fellowship we have joined, but I just need reassurance as to how to handle any more late night visitations. My daughter, K, has been baptised in water and believes that she has received the Holy Spirit, but she has not experienced the baptism of the Holy Spirit in the same way as I did, for instance, where I was totally suffused with the love of God and spoke in tongues and had an insatiable appetite for the Word of God. She believes oh so firmly in her head but she has never had that experience of knowing Jesus that I have had. That is not to diminsh her salvation, but I wonder whether she needs something more so as to withstand these terrible attacks of the enemy. I had never before thought of evil spirits being as real as my daughter describes them. I think my background is very sheltered. But having watched her torment and fear when she is undergoing an attack, I have no doubt that they are real. BTW, she has had problems with seeing in mirrors, too. I just feel very out of my depths. Nothing like this every happened in my church-three-times-on-a-Sunday Christian childhood, and I feel very helpless in the face of the enemy's very real visitations.

In Christ Jesus,

Ruth

Sister, what makes you think that because you are a woman you are somehow 'limited' in handling demonic spirits? You are not. By Jesus Christ, place an impassable boundary around your family, and prohibit their ingress.

You have that authority.

These are powerful spirits, ones that command her to rip off her clothes so that I had to physically hold her tight to me. I don't want to give more power to the enemy than he deserves - he is a beaten foe - but even the disciples recognised that there were some spirits they couldn't cast out and came back to Jesus for further advice. I just don't think that I can deliver her from the oppression although I lnow that in the name of Jesus I can keep them at bay ... until the next time. It was instructive to me that my very new-to-the-faith- son who took even what little faith he had and prayed against the demons afflicting his sister, actually had an effect. I don't know....I am truly out of my depths. I come from a very sheltered Christian background and this kind of stuff just doesn't occur ....or does it?

Edited by methinkshe

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Yes, it certainly does. I have seen it firsthand. You cannot rid your daughter of all the demonic influences, as she has a stronghold she needs to renounce. But you do have the power to tell them to get out of your home...I did that, until my daughters, each at separate times were able to go away for deliverance.

You need to fast and pray, as Jesus said regarding the difficult type of demonization. I learned, after a deep sense of frustration due to the demons disobeying my orders to leave in Jesus' name, that they will quiet, but they will not leave a place where they have been given rights! Your daughter has somewhere along the line given them rights, as mine did.

My one daughter (I have three!) discovered that she had given them rights in her turmoil over rejection at an early age. My youngest daughter, I have no idea, as she was so very young, around 4, and it/they stuck with her until she was about 20. She returned to the Lord then, but I do believe she harbours something there, as she is extremely lukewarm and content with her religiosity, which is not pleasing to the Lord. Religion is also a spirit, ands she has married an extremely religious man of another faith. The devil loves lukewarm Christians.

Fast and pray, my dear. I gathered dear friends around me and we fasted and prayed and listened to spiritual music, praising Jesus Christ in song, and went from room to room anointing each room---even closets and dead spaces---and announcing out loud the purpose of each room to glorify Jeuss Christ, who lives within!

Get hold of Bondage Breakers by Neil Anderson! Read it thoroughly and apply it in your home. You will have opposition, but you are the head, not the tail. We are more than conquerors in Christ!

I wish to remind you also, that one of my daughters, when she was at her deliverance, was given the ability to see her captors. As each was ordered out, she saw each one as a small, dark, cowering, fearful, quivering mass! I tell you this, because they make you think they are massive! They are NOT. In Jesus, we have all the power He has! Infinite!

Fast and pray, my dear. I gathered dear friends around me and we fasted and prayed and listened to spiritual music, praising Jesus Christ in song, and went from room to room anointing each room---even closets and dead spaces---and announcing out loud the purpose of each room to glorify Jeuss Christ, who lives within!

Get hold of Bondage Breakers by Neil Anderson! Read it thoroughly and apply it in your home. You will have opposition, but you are the head, not the tail. We are more than conquerors in Christ!

I wish to remind you also, that one of my daughters, when she was at her deliverance, was given the ability to see her captors. As each was ordered out, she saw each one as a small, dark, cowering, fearful, quivering mass! I tell you this, because they make you think they are massive! They are NOT. In Jesus, we have all the power He has! Infinite!

I am still in the early stages of understanding demonic oppression. My daughter, K, actually sees demons in form - either amorphous or individualised, dependeing on how they choose to present themselves to her at any given moment. She is usually aware of an oncoming attack by a sense of oppression folowed by a physical feeling of weight on her chest. Then they appear - as a mass but also capable of individualising themselves and coming up right into her face. When she woke me the other night she was shaking all over as well as having a pulse in her cheekbone ( I had my hands around her face at one point) that was pulsing like a butterfly wing but far more strongly. She was terrified. I mean, really, really, really, terrified. I did not have the strength to call these demons by name and command them to go - she was too terrified and I was just trying to relieve the oppression of the moment - long term delivery didn't even get a look in because the short term necessity was too great. I can't tell you how frightening this experience was - it is the third occasion when I have had to stand up against oppressive demons who are harrassing my daughter, but this last time, they were more fierce than ever - I think because she had made a deliberate choice to really go forward with the Lord and had joined this new fellowship. It's difficult to expalin, but the experience is terrifying for her and frightening for me - these spirits are nasty pieces of work and do not want to give up easily. Initially, when one prays in the name of the Lord Jesus they become angry to the extent that my daughter even begs me to stop using the name of Jesus. And when I persist, they still try to attaack her, but eventually will go, only sometines only to recede and reappear in say 5 minutes, so I have to keep praying with her and reading the Bible and belaying the Sword of the Spirit. Thing is, I've never known this kind of thing before, never even thought that such realistic manifestations were possible but now, face to face, I feel very inadequate and quite scared. That's why I feel I/we need the ministry of a man. If these demons were ever called out I believe they could be very violent.

Ruth