• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

Messianic Jews, I think do understand the New Testament as well as the old. The difference though is that their upbringing inclines them to more of an Old Testament leaning (following the laws of Leviticus and Deuteronomy, as one example). Not that there is anything inherently wrong with that. There's nothing in Christian teaching that says we cannot follow the teachings of the Old testament. However, being Gentiles, it is a lot harder for us not having bee brought up with this. Another difference would revolve around our outlook to Israel's role in prophecy. Depending on whether you believe the Rapture (which I don't) or if you believe another theory of the End Times, the Messianic Jews still hold an important view of Israel's (Judah's) role in this End Times prophecy. I'm sure there are some Chrsitain denominations and people who hold the same view, but not all Christian denominations hold the same End Times beliefs.

Regardless, we are all saved by Grace, and as far as I can tell the Messianic Jews believe the same also, which puts us all on equal footing. So whether we hold the exact same laws or not is irrelevant, in my opinion. If I've somehow missed a law from the Old Testament by mistake, I don't think God is going to condemn me, becausse of his loving sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.

All the best,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I heard a very good sermon yesterday as how Messianic Jews compare the Passover with Easter (not that they mentioned the word Easter)

Hupo you will love WB and I hope we can learn a lot from you?

I'm glad you decided to come and join us here....

How long are you a Christian?

I do love the O.T. even that there are some books in that I find difficult to understand but the N.T. is my favovorite!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

I heard a very good sermon yesterday as how Messianic Jews compare the Passover with Easter (not that they mentioned the word Easter)

Hupo you will love WB and I hope we can learn a lot from you?

I'm glad you decided to come and join us here....

How long are you a Christian?

I do love the O.T. even that there are some books in that I find difficult to understand but the N.T. is my favovorite!

Please excuse my ignorance but what is WB?

I must tell you that "Christian" has bad conotations for me and I don't believe in lables anyway.

So, I've been...er...."that".... for about 10 years now.

Anyway, "lables" is another topic all together...

As for OT and NT, it's just a matter of what one was brought up with I guess. Doesn't have any bearing on the Truth itself, does it?

First time I read the NT I felt it was boring, arrogant and a far cry from the OT.

Today I study both. They complement each other. They are actually one book.

And yes, it's good to be here.

Blessings to this forum and thanks for putting it together :24:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Would that be Messiah son of Joseph or Messiah son of David?

Can you please quote the post that you are responding to?

Edited by hupo

Can you please quote the post that you are responding to?

he is referring to how the (orthodox) jews reconcile the Messiah of Isaiah 53 and the "other" Messiah who rules over the Earth.

Messiah Son of Joseph has come and is coming again as Messiah Son of David. Not two Messiahs but one Messiah with two appearings.

Hupo,

WB stands for Worthy Boards.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is WB?

I must tell you that "Christian" has bad conotations for me and I don't believe in lables anyway.

So, I've been...er...."that".... for about 10 years now.

Anyway, "lables" is another topic all together...

As for OT and NT, it's just a matter of what one was brought up with I guess. Doesn't have any bearing on the Truth itself, does it?

First time I read the NT I felt it was boring, arrogant and a far cry from the OT.

Today I study both. They complement each other. They are actually one book.

And yes, it's good to be here.

Blessings to this forum and thanks for putting it together

I have to agree with you that the word Christian doesn't mean much do you like the term born again better?

I do love the N>T> as it teaches me and tells me about the life of Jesus, you are right to say they compliment each other!

But its not boring for me.....whats your favorite Bible verse?

Mine is John 3:16 its the verse which God used to open my eyes for the truth :emot-highfive:

Hupo,

WB stands for Worthy Boards.

Why of course! I should have realized that..... thanks :emot-highfive:

I have to agree with you that the word Christian doesn't mean much do you like the term born again better?

I do love the N>T> as it teaches me and tells me about the life of Jesus, you are right to say they compliment each other!

But its not boring for me.....whats your favorite Bible verse?

Mine is John 3:16 its the verse which God used to open my eyes for the truth :24:

I didn't say the word "christian" doesn't have meaning. It's just that for me it has bad conotations, due to past....brain washing(?)

I know the word means a lot to some people and I respect that.

Born again? It's ok I guess. I'm not realy into lables and of course that causes all kinds of problems when asked "what are you?".

But it does have it good sides. When someone asks me "what are you?" I can't give them a short answer :24:

The Bible is not boring for me today :24:. I read both OT and NT now

As for my favourite verse...... well one of them is right here in my signiture.

My favourite prophet is Isaiah, he must have been one hell of a guy :wub: Told it like it was. He sure had guts!!

My favourite prophet is Isaiah, he must have been one hell of a guy Told it like it was. He sure had guts!!

How do they explain Isaiah 53? Its hard to believe how the Jewish people cannot see the fulfillment of this chapter, but God will open their eyes someday.

I do pray for the peace of Jerusalem and for the people of Israel and Israel does have a very special place in my heart knowing thats where my Savior was born He died for a sinner like me to set me free from bondage and sin forever!

What a Savior we serve :whistling:

Do you mind sharing how you found Jesus??

My favourite prophet is Isaiah, he must have been one hell of a guy Told it like it was. He sure had guts!!

How do they explain Isaiah 53? Its hard to believe how the Jewish people cannot see the fulfillment of this chapter, but God will open their eyes someday.

I do pray for the peace of Jerusalem and for the people of Israel and Israel does have a very special place in my heart knowing thats where my Savior was born He died for a sinner like me to set me free from bondage and sin forever!

What a Savior we serve <_<

Do you mind sharing how you found Jesus??

First of all this chapter is strangly missing from the weekly "Haftara" list :noidea:

(There is a weekly portion read in synagogue every week and with it a chapter or so from the prophets, this is called the "Haftara")

From what I understand, the lowly servent is seen to be the nation of Israel, rather than Yeshua.

I'm sure you can find debates about it via internet

How I found Yeshua..... I would say He found me but I know what you mean.

Rather than re-inventing the wheel (so to speak) I'll find the testimony I wrote in some other forum :noidea: