• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

IreneM...

I don't get your post. You don't watch TV because there may, or may not be, an immodestly dressed person on the tube? Or a gay person? Seriously...how do you even venture outside? You hubby doesn't like the beach cuz of bathing suits? I just don't get it. That stuff is everywhere. You can see immodestly dressed people at the grocery store...or even at church. We could drive ourselves crazy trying to avoid everything the 'world' does.

You seem to have a thing against our culture. It sounds like the Iranian culture is much more fitting for some people on here. They hide their women from sight because men can't control themselves...and BONUS...they don't have gay people! As I said before...this entire topic is cultural. Some European countries are FAR MORE immodest than we are when it comes to TV, books, and movies. They consider Americans old-fashioned "sticks in the mud" by comparison.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I myself just dont feel right watching anything that glorifies sin. If a show makes homosexuality seem like a great and normal thing, bleh. And etc. to all the other examples of glorified sin. Doesnt leave much to watch. :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

my personal choices are mine

I choose not to put in my mind the trash that is on TV that is my choice

and just because it is all around us does not mean I have to torraorate it in my personal life

Any show or movie that says homosexuality is ok I will not watch

any show that say adultry is normal I will not watch

etc

that is MY choice and no one has to do what I do

If my hubby will not look at scantly clad girls On the beach I applaud him for his honest heart

I can not control what goes on in the world but I can control what goes into my own mind and heart

In Christ

IreneM

• Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

and just because it is all around us does not mean I have to torraorate it in my personal life

etc

If my hubby will not look at scantly clad girls On the beach I applaud him for his honest heart

I can not control what goes on in the world but I can control what goes into my own mind and heart

In Christ

IreneM

:33:

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

etc

In Christ

IreneM

:rolleyes:

Everyone knows the sin that so easily besets them and it is not the same for everyone. If they don't they should know. The Noahic era was not a place where media was a issue and yet all types of sin prevailed.. The media would not be there if there was no audience.

The mind is to be renewed and the heart protected. The tongue guarded, Certain scripture ...yet true and unmovable should be read under the the auspices of the author, The Holy Spirit..Jesus our Lord God. The scripture does not say one thing is good for one and not the other yet not everyone has been ministered to in the same way. One scripture can be totally life giving to me and not another . It does not mean one is wrong. Just means Rhema has not set in yet.

We are talking about children in school who are younger than twelve here who deal with things we certainly did not. Who have a lack of scriptural understanding until they recieve Rhema as well. Until there Faith grows..and it is up to us to teach them.

But as vaccinations are important so is teaching them not to be pummled by a Bully or molested by a teacher...

Hey damo1..your church sounds great...they see a need and then supply that need. Over here in Ny we have moms in touch which is Christian Moms or Dads get together to corporately pray and address these issues, some that work close to the P.T.A if allowed in the district.

In my line of work nakedness is a usual thing and yet as a woman it does not effect me. (when I was working) If it was I could not do my work and yet this would be a stumbleing block for someone else.

I can see a good looking man and say He is good looking, I also say the same about a beautiful woman but I am not lusting for them. I can be among people wo drink and not drink.. with others it is a street to sin.

revelation of Gods word does not happen by quoting it..it happens when understanding is prayed for, when it becomes alive and we are walking in it.

That is why I think there are many different 'opinions' at times. We are all in a Spritual School but not all in the same grade!

I like most responses even though I do not agree..Means people are thinking.. Not many think out there today or meditate on the word of God.....Selah :rolleyes: patricia1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

etc

In Christ

IreneM

:rolleyes:

Everyone knows the sin that so easily besets them and it is not the same for everyone. If they don't they should know. The Noahic era was not a place where media was a issue and yet all types of sin prevailed.. The media would not be there if there was no audience.

The mind is to be renewed and the heart protected. The tongue guarded, Certain scripture ...yet true and unmovable should be read under the the auspices of the author, The Holy Spirit..Jesus our Lord God. The scripture does not say one thing is good for one and not the other yet not everyone has been ministered to in the same way. One scripture can be totally life giving to me and not another . It does not mean one is wrong. Just means Rhema has not set in yet.

We are talking about children in school who are younger than twelve here who deal with things we certainly did not. Who have a lack of scriptural understanding until they recieve Rhema as well. Until there Faith grows..and it is up to us to teach them.

But as vaccinations are important so is teaching them not to be pummled by a Bully or molested by a teacher...

Hey damo1..your church sounds great...they see a need and then supply that need. Over here in Ny we have moms in touch which is Christian Moms or Dads get together to corporately pray and address these issues, some that work close to the P.T.A if allowed in the district.

In my line of work nakedness is a usual thing and yet as a woman it does not effect me. (when I was working) If it was I could not do my work and yet this would be a stumbleing block for someone else.

I can see a good looking man and say He is good looking, I also say the same about a beautiful woman but I am not lusting for them. I can be among people wo drink and not drink.. with others it is a street to sin.

revelation of Gods word does not happen by quoting it..it happens when understanding is prayed for, when it becomes alive and we are walking in it.

That is why I think there are many different 'opinions' at times. We are all in a Spritual School but not all in the same grade!

I like most responses even though I do not agree..Means people are thinking.. Not many think out there today or meditate on the word of God.....Selah :rolleyes: patricia1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

The issue isn't the TV or when it was invented or the Internet or any other invention of the world. It is the content, whether it is of the world or of God.

I know that this is a difficult point to grasp, but God's true children have been crucified to the world. They love the things of God, hunger for the things of God, can't get enough of the things of God, rejoice always in the things of God. They have been changed, all things have been made new and they seek after that which they enjoy. The things of the world do not satisfy them anymore. They are like childish toys that they put away for they have something infinitely better infinitely more satisfying.

Spiritual folk love the things of the Spirit, and find the things of the world extremely boring. You see this is real Christianity, and not just religious theory and empty belief. The 'new heart' pants after God and the things of God and finds its pleasure in them.

Those in the flesh have no concept of these things. Their religion is made up forms and rituals, not a living immersion in the love and enjoyment of God. This is not opinion, but the heart of Christianity and the testimony of Scripture.

God bless,

Dennis

If this line of thinking is true, then how does one reconcile it with Paul's statement about "becoming all things to all men" or 1 Peter 3:15? To immerse oneself in the love and enjoyment of God necessarily involves using what is available to us, at times even in this Earthly realm...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

The issue isn't the TV or when it was invented or the Internet or any other invention of the world. It is the content, whether it is of the world or of God.

I know that this is a difficult point to grasp, but God's true children have been crucified to the world. They love the things of God, hunger for the things of God, can't get enough of the things of God, rejoice always in the things of God. They have been changed, all things have been made new and they seek after that which they enjoy. The things of the world do not satisfy them anymore. They are like childish toys that they put away for they have something infinitely better infinitely more satisfying.

Spiritual folk love the things of the Spirit, and find the things of the world extremely boring. You see this is real Christianity, and not just religious theory and empty belief. The 'new heart' pants after God and the things of God and finds its pleasure in them.

Those in the flesh have no concept of these things. Their religion is made up forms and rituals, not a living immersion in the love and enjoyment of God. This is not opinion, but the heart of Christianity and the testimony of Scripture.

God bless,

Dennis

If this line of thinking is true, then how does one reconcile it with Paul's statement about "becoming all things to all men" or 1 Peter 3:15? To immerse oneself in the love and enjoyment of God necessarily involves using what is available to us, at times even in this Earthly realm...

Dear Artemus,

Surely you don't mean to imply that it is ok to use fleshly appealing things, to reach men? That is how your post is coming across. I don't think Paul OR God would use anything but purity and goodness, to be able to reach men. And certainly not the things of this world or the prince of this world to do so.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

God bless,

Dennis

Dear Artemus,

Surely you don't mean to imply that it is ok to use fleshly appealing things, to reach men? That is how your post is coming across. I don't think Paul OR God would use anything but purity and goodness, to be able to reach men. And certainly not the things of this world or the prince of this world to do so.

In His Love,

Suzanne

The issue quickly becomes who gets to define what is worldly and fleshly. these types of accusations are frequently used to remove things we simply don't like.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

Dear EricH,

I thought the majority of the postings in this thread were referring to certain types of tv programs that portrayed fornication, homosexuality, sexual immorality, as being acceptable. I don't think that there's any question about how to discern those types of things, is there?

Why is it that we can't see that the above things are corrupting our children, whether we watch them personally or not. The fact that this type of programming has become acceptable at all, is polluting a generation. It's abounding, because the morally upright, quit speaking up about these things, so now they are prominent and commonplace.

In His Love,

Suzanne