• Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ ~

I am very over whelmed this evening.

My daughter Kellie invited me out to her house for dinner. After dinner we were talking about her house payment. She pays $1350 per month and only makes $2000 per month. She chose to break off her marriage of 9 months with Scot. He was the big money ticket.

Well I tried to tell her to sell the house and down size until she could afford a house like she has now. She has been going to a Mega church and has mega thoughts when it comes to $$$$.

She informed me that God wants her to have a lot of money and the house.

She also informed me that I didn't have much in money, so I must not trust God as I should. To be truthful, if I had mega money, It would be donated here and there and I would still be poor in Kellie's eye's.

Sad to say, Kellie is out only for Kellie. She needs a WAKE up call.

My Aunt and Uncle are ill. My Aunt just came home from the hospital after having kidney failure. My Uncle heart surgery.

My daugher Shellie will be going into the hospital shortly. I am Shellie's support system. Kellie won't take any time for her sister.

To top off my day I pulled a ligament in my left knee. Now I can hardly walk. :emot-hug:

I will be taking a pain pill tonight for sure.

My cup may be running over but GOD Willing I will see tomorrow. :th_praying:

Liz

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ ~

I am very over whelmed this evening.

My daughter Kellie invited me out to her house for dinner. After dinner we were talking about her house payment. She pays $1350 per month and only makes $2000 per month. She chose to break off her marriage of 9 months with Scot. He was the big money ticket.

Well I tried to tell her to sell the house and down size until she could afford a house like she has now. She has been going to a Mega church and has mega thoughts when it comes to $$$$.

She informed me that God wants her to have a lot of money and the house.

She also informed me that I didn't have much in money, so I must not trust God as I should. To be truthful, if I had mega money, It would be donated here and there and I would still be poor in Kellie's eye's.

Sad to say, Kellie is out only for Kellie. She needs a WAKE up call.

My Aunt and Uncle are ill. My Aunt just came home from the hospital after having kidney failure. My Uncle heart surgery.

My daugher Shellie will be going into the hospital shortly. I am Shellie's support system. Kellie won't take any time for her sister.

To top off my day I pulled a ligament in my left knee. Now I can hardly walk. :emot-hug:

I will be taking a pain pill tonight for sure.

My cup may be running over but GOD Willing I will see tomorrow. :th_praying:

Liz

Hold Strong Sister.

It seems as if Kellie does need a wake up call. Common sense would say that she needs to downgrade. God does work in mysterious ways, but bills are bills, paychecks are paychecks. If you lend her money, she may see that as God rescuing her, when in reality you just lent her money. Don't be saddened by her comment about not trusting God. Again, christians cannot just leave everything to God, and just trust that he will rescue them. Creditors and Lenders don't seem to be affected by that. She's gotta come to the realization that she doesn't have enough money to pay her bills, end of story.

I recently found out i have bersitis in my right knee. So i sympathize with you there. Get this though, i'm only 20. I feel like i have the body of a 50 year old.

Thoughts and Prayers,

Unacclaimed

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Why oh why do people get off-balance like that? She believes God is going to bless her with the house and money too? But not a solid healthy marriage? She broke off the marriage and she expects God's blessing? I think not.

Maybe her god will tell her to jump from the pinnacle next. We shall see.

Pray, mom, for the Lord to take her to her knees! :th_praying: Praying!

I recently found out i have bersitis in my right knee. So i sympathize with you there. Get this though, i'm only 20. I feel like i have the body of a 50 year old.

In 4 months I'll hit that half century mark.

Can't wait to see what it feels like.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Liz, I am praying for you sis. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/28/1982

Hi there sister!

Yeah, I come from a similar Church. We are drummed with the "money" story too. Its sad and I often wonder if its right to continue attending this particular parish.

The congregation are told that "if you are faithful God will bless you". That is 100% right! The problem is that when things go wrong people start thinking that God obviously isnt on their side. I have experienced this.

The Churches are preaching a one-sided gospel and this has got to stop. Its true that God wants you to have many wonderful things but tons of money isnt always what you need.

Hope tomorrow is a better day :emot-hug:

God bless you!

Sean

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Trust in God and He will make you rich. More trust, more money! Step right up folks and test your faith!

This garbage turns God into a performing clown. It offends me quite a bit to be honest. I saw a book at my local Christian Bookstore that actually said on the cover "Discover the financial benefits God has in store for you!"

Luke 6:20 - Looking at his disciples, he said: "Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God."

Doesn't get much simpler than that. Jesus never said "Hey all, I'll make you rich if you love me".

Where do people get this stuff... :emot-questioned:

Trust in God and He will make you rich. More trust, more money! Step right up folks and test your faith!

This garbage turns God into a performing clown. It offends me quite a bit to be honest. I saw a book at my local Christian Bookstore that actually said on the cover "Discover the financial benefits God has in store for you!"

Luke 6:20 - Looking at his disciples, he said: "Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God."

Doesn't get much simpler than that. Jesus never said "Hey all, I'll make you rich if you love me".

KeilanS, not quite what that verse means. Jesus isn't just talking about monetary value in that verse. He's talking about a generation. He's making a distinction between the rich and the poor in knowledge. Between the degenerates he hung out with and the High Priests of the Temple. So when he says "Blessed are you who are poor" he doesnt mean "Blessed are those without cash". He means "Blessed are those who are not corrupted, and do not prostitute the church/ temple for monetary gain." That was a huge thing during his time, when the High Priests were charging people huge amounts of money to use their animals for sacrifice. He was turning the old ways upside down. Jesus knew that money had corrupted the Temple.

little history lesson,

Unacclaimed

KeilanS, not quite what that verse means. Jesus isn't just talking about monetary value in that verse. He's talking about a generation. He's making a distinction between the rich and the poor in knowledge. Between the degenerates he hung out with and the High Priests of the Temple. So when he says "Blessed are you who are poor" he doesnt mean "Blessed are those without cash". He means "Blessed are those who are not corrupted, and do not prostitute the church/ temple for monetary gain." That was a huge thing during his time, when the High Priests were charging people huge amounts of money to use their animals for sacrifice. He was turning the old ways upside down. Jesus knew that money had corrupted the Temple.

little history lesson,

Unacclaimed