• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

Matthew 7 NIV

A Tree and Its Fruit

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Scripture is very clear about false prophets. I've seen a lot of comments on y we have so many denominations in the name of Jesus Christ, .....Why does it seem like Christians argue over scripture...etc....etc...

In the name of Jesus Christ...these folks are prophesying...driving out demons...and performing miracles....I repeat performing miracles...and Jesus calls them evildoers...so for all you non-believers...don't think the House of God is in order...But Almighty God will get it done on his time and his time alone...it will happen just like the bible says it will happen...personally I wouldn't follow him if I didn't think he could bring all these things to pass...I expect to see Justice...but am very greatful for Mercy and Grace...

For believers.....Be on Guard...If this scripture alone don't want to make you pick up your bible and pray and communicate with Almighty God constantly...nothing will..Trust in God and God alone...for he is faithful.. Test the spirits..

Jesus emphasises the will of my Father who is in Heaven. Most people believe prophesying...driving out demons...and performing miracles is the Fathers will...

To understand the Father's will is too understand his holy word...Living a Godly Love and Life...Following a Godly Wisdom...and boasting in Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone...You are what you glorify..

If a believer can't be an evildoer, then you must be prepared to say a Christian loses their freewill at conversion.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

how about that David was a bloody killer?

just for king's daughter,he killed 200

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Interesting. The OP states scripture that explicitly states that Jesus is telling the 'evildoers' to depart from him, that they not be allowed to gain entrance into the kingdom. Subsequently, it has been argued by many that all Christians are evildoers. One would need to conclude that nobody will be saved. :noidea: Reason can many times be unreasonable.

Gary

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, but if you do bad things you can get yourself forgiven whenever you want. So it's not a big deal.

AMEN ! :)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Yes, but if you do bad things you can get yourself forgiven whenever you want. So it's not a big deal.

Ro 6

1 What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? 2 By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? 3 Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Bobby, would you care to expand on your comment a bit. I think I get what you are saying, but can you please explain a bit more?

Blessings

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Evildoers in scripture are those who are lawless, who are not believers.

It is a slap in the face of God for a believer in Jesus Christ to declare himself an evildoer. Our sins have been dealt with and punished completely on the cross of Calvary, washed away by the blood of Jesus Christ. The argument presented in the Op is the same old tired argument that Christians are sinners, when the blood of Jesus says we are cleansed from our sin and are now considered saints by the Lord Himself--God's very offspring!

how about that David was a bloody killer?

just for king's daughter,he killed 200

Yes David killed 200 men to get his bride. He also murdered another man and took his wife. However there is no indication his salvation was ever in danger. God never condemns his murder of 200, and when confronted about the Bathsheba sin, he immediately repented.

Interesting. The OP states scripture that explicitly states that Jesus is telling the 'evildoers' to depart from him, that they not be allowed to gain entrance into the kingdom. Subsequently, it has been argued by many that all Christians are evildoers. One would need to conclude that nobody will be saved. :noidea: Reason can many times be unreasonable.

Gary

Sin is evil. If you EVER sin, then you commit evil, hence and evildoer. ALL PEOPLE are evildoers, Christian or not.

I hope your not suggesting we are free to sin as we wish since we are covered by the blood. Although its technically true NO sin can be held against us, scripture REPEATEDLY emphasises that we are to REPENT AND TURN from ALL sins.