IGNORED

Jesus Made Clear The Earth Was Round Shaped !

bhakthi

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

These words of Jesus reveal the Biblical idea of the shape of the earth two thousand years ago.This passage is about the coming of the Lord Jesus to take the church[The Rapture].This event takes place in an instant.In the twinkling of an eye. "Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left." Mathew; 24;40,41

And again in Luke 12="I tell you, on that NIGHT two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left."Luke ; 17;34 When Jesus appears for this event in the sky to one group of people it will be night.That is why they are on bed, sleeping .As for others living on the other side of the globe it will be day time and they will be working in the fields and doing other jobs as we read in Mathew;24;40

""Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed." Rev;16;15

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

These words of Jesus reveal the Biblical idea of the shape of the earth two thousand years ago.This passage is about the coming of the Lord Jesus to take the church[The Rapture].This event takes place in an instant.In the twinkling of an eye. "Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left." Mathew; 24;40,41

And again in Luke 12="I tell you, on that NIGHT two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left."Luke ; 17;34 When Jesus appears for this event in the sky to one group of people it will be night.That is why they are on bed, sleeping .As for others living on the other side of the globe it will be day time and they will be working in the fields and doing other jobs as we read in Mathew;24;40

""Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed." Rev;16;15

You either Believe in Rapture and the truth or you don

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

never looked at it that way...but that is an interesting point

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/26/1972

Doesn't the Bible also say somewhere that the Earth is a sphere that hangs in nothingness?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

How does this say the world is round? :)

Oops, I see. Didn't read it good enough.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Doesn't the Bible also say somewhere that the Earth is a sphere that hangs in nothingness?

I think so, but not for sure

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Saints,

I edited out some remarks about the Catholic Church. Lets keep this discussion on track.

Thanks, the mod team

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Saints,

I edited out some remarks about the Catholic Church. Lets keep this discussion on track.

Thanks, the mod team

EricH, I'm sorry...............I don't remember what I wrote that you had to edit it, but I'm sorry for what ever it was.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Toast has two sides too. That doesn't make it a sphere.

I still say the world is flat. :P

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

see all that knew the earth was round in ancient greece? The Romans knew it to, the persians knew it, the chinese knew it. Jesus knew it.

That is so..............wrong. The first scientist (European) were Catholic, proving the Bible by the study of the world around them.

Actually, Arash is on the right track. The Greek/Persian/Arabaic mathematicians, philosophers and astrologers (what you might call the early "scientists" - before science became what we know it is today) had clearly come to understand that the Earth is round. For instance, they knew that a lunar eclipse was a result of the Earth's shadow passing over the Moon - and they could see the shadow was round. Likewise, when they traveled from Greece to Alexandria, they could tell that the constellations shifted position north-south - like would occur if the Earth was rounded rather than flat.

The story that Columbus was trying to prove that the Earth was round is a myth of history. The question was over the circumference of the Earth, not that it had one. Columbus was banking on the calculations of one mathematician who calculated the Earth to be smaller than what was popularly believed. He was wrong, of course, as the popular belief was indeed pretty close, if not exactly close, to the actual.

I don't know where the idea that the people of the Medieval period believed the earth to be flat came from, for they did not. This myth developed apparently a few centuries ago.