• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Carl says

John 15 1-6 is about fruit bearing and the results from not fruit bearing. This is also about "abiding", which is always in scriptures about "fellowship" with Him. The context is about the consequences from losing fellowship with God. NO eternal death in context, just like your misconception on 1 Cor3 14-15, ....but we do know this....

LOL!!! Again, before you throw around accusations, you would do well to get out of your doctrine and read the Bible by itself, if you can possibly manage that. Before we got saved, did we have fellowship with God? No. To lose fellowship with God is to NOT BE SAVED. The language there is unmistakable, unless you have been so thoroughly deceived by OSAS ... but we do know this also...

OK...I should have watched my terminology here. Instead of "losing" fellowship I should have said "a lesser" fellowship,....or perhaps more correctly....walking farther away resulting in a chastisement.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HE HIMSELF SHALL BE SAVED!

Only IF he continues in the faith (Colossians 1:21-23) and endures to the end (Matthew 10:22).

Again a result of being saved. Which is receiving the gift of eternal life from God. If you have eternal life....it never ends......praise Him!

A true saint will never "walk away" from Grace....the new creature availeth much.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

CWJ,

If your so admit about beleiveng OSAS doctrine why do you try to convince others that its the case? What impact will if have on their already existing salvation. Why are you tring to convince others that they can not lose their salvation if they fall away or backslide into sin? Isnt this the Lie that Satan told Eve? "Surely you will not die in the day you disobey God..."--Satan

Why try to convince others of OSAS doctinre when it will have no bearing on their already existing eternal salvation? It is pointless. On the other hand we have every reason to warn others to stay true to God an be faithful to him till the end because you can fall away as the bible states and deny God by their words and deeds.

Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

In your case its pointless to warn others that they can never lose their salvation. Actually in the case that the OSAs is a lie, which I turely believe it is, then Its the most deceptive false doctrinal lie you could ever teach a christian.

Who do you think God is going to hold accountable for them falling away because they believed the OSAS doctrine?

Your argument is completely pointless if not deceptive.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

WOW! :rolleyes:

I sure have missed a lot here!

I have been away----starting my own forum (if anybody wants the link PM me).

I think that I am glad that I bowed out of this discussion. :hmmm:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

WOW!  :rolleyes:

I sure have missed a lot here!

I have been away----starting my own forum (if anybody wants the link PM me).

I think that I am glad that I bowed out of this discussion. :hmmm:

You haven't missed anything Jake. Same ole' thing. I'm glad I bowed out to. The Spirit is not in this arguement. I would like to share a Scripture with all of you though. My wife pointed it to me while we were in church this morning. I had forgotten it.

Luke 12:35 "Be dressed ready for service and keep your lamps burning, 36 like men waiting for their master to return from a wedding banquet, so that when he comes and knocks they can immediately open the door for him. 37 It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when he comes. I tell you the truth, he will dress himself to serve, will have them recline at the table and will come and wait on them. 38 It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night. 39 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into. 40 You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

41 Peter asked, "Lord, are you telling this parable to us, or to everyone?"

42 The Lord answered, "Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time? 43 It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns. 44 I tell you the truth, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 45 But suppose the servant says to himself, 'My master is taking a long time in coming,' and he then begins to beat the menservants and maidservants and to eat and drink and get drunk. 46 The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

Wow!!! The words of Christ are clear! Even those in whom He has entrusted his sheep must be prepared for His return. Praise God!!

Luke 12;46...."The Lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers."

This was one who was never truly saved, but only the appearance of having been so. Even God says he was an unbeliever.

The truly saved will never fall:

Jude 24..."Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy."

If saved, then you are chosen:

1 Peter 2:9..."But ye are a chosen generation...."

Eph 1:4..."According as he hath chosen us in Him......"

John 15:19..."......but I have chosen you out of this world..."

Amoung other scriptures that say the same thing.

SO....do you then think that God chooses incorrectly? He gives eternal life to the wrong folks??

Do you think God knows the day you will die?

If so, would He choose one who would die after they had "turned away" from the faith?

The doctrine you teach has twisted logic, and no scriptural truth if you follow correct interpreting procedures.

We must interpret building upon the plain and simple to arrive at the complicated understanding.

The plain and simple is that God does it all and saves to the uttermost.

Permanantly! :rolleyes:

iedi4yaweh.....I am not trying to convince any of you at this point. I only am led by the Spirit to confront this untruth so that the seekers who might read this can have

the hope of Jesus toward salvation, and not be worried they're not able to "keep" themselves saved. And listening to the untruth turn away from the Faith.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

You took the words right out of my mouth.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Quote:

This was one who was never truly saved, but only the appearance of having been so. Even God says he was an unbeliever.

Totally your words God doesn't say he wasn't saved you did.

Again a result of being saved. Which is receiving the gift of eternal life from God. If you have eternal life....it never ends......praise Him!

A true saint will never "walk away" from Grace....the new creature availeth much.

The words of a man supported only by taking Scripture out of context of all Scripture.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

The words of a man supported only by taking Scripture out of context of all Scripture.

Of course you have scripture that clearly says as much????

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Luke 12;46...."The Lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder,  and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers."

This was one who was never truly saved, but only the appearance of having been so.  Even God says he was an unbeliever.

Carl, your perspective is confusing to say the least.

So you believe the Master will put "one who was never truly saved, but only the appearance of having been so" in charge of his servants????? :t2:

Read all of Luke 12 verses 41 through 46.

Blessings,

Wayne