• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I know and you can also add flaxseed and 1 pkg splenda :) (Or any other kind of cereal)

That would be my limit for the day 1 pkg ,I don't believe too much artificial sugar is healthy for you.

I'm eating my oatmeal right now.....its so good :):)

Splenda is very bad for you, as bad as the other articicial sweeteners. I have to admit I use it once in a while on oatmeal. I bought it before I knew it was bad, and now I'm trying to eat oatmeal with no sweetening.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/09/1961

I'm gonna run to the store after work and get califlower to try this. My mother usually boils it and then puts butter on it, but it's too bland. I like the crispy aspect too, texture is important. I usually crave salty things and not sugar.

Just ate a boiled egg with salt, and had a bowl of All-Bran. I lost ten pounds last year on the South Beach diet, but I couldn't stand the eggs every morning for breakfast.

I'd eat chicken for breakfast if I had it. Have any suggestions on how to cook it? I like it cut up in salad with Italian dressing, but I get that in restaurants. My chicken always seems to get dried up when I cook it unless I marinade for a day, but that takes too much time.

I hate: oatmeal (except in cookies), raisins, bananas, cottage cheese. All of these have textures I can't stand.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I know and you can also add flaxseed and 1 pkg splenda :) (Or any other kind of cereal)

That would be my limit for the day 1 pkg ,I don't believe too much artificial sugar is healthy for you.

I'm eating my oatmeal right now.....its so good :):)

Splenda is very bad for you, as bad as the other articicial sweeteners. I have to admit I use it once in a while on oatmeal. I bought it before I knew it was bad, and now I'm trying to eat oatmeal with no sweetening.

Oh ,you need a little sweetener if you eat plain yogert and yes I know its bad for you, thats why I limit it to 1 or sometimes 2 pkgs a day, I might use it now and then also when I make hot chocolate! :taped:

:)

I'm gonna run to the store after work and get califlower to try this. My mother usually boils it and then puts butter on it, but it's too bland. I like the crispy aspect too, texture is important. I usually crave salty things and not sugar.

Just ate a boiled egg with salt, and had a bowl of All-Bran. I lost ten pounds last year on the South Beach diet, but I couldn't stand the eggs every morning for breakfast.

I'd eat chicken for breakfast if I had it. Have any suggestions on how to cook it? I like it cut up in salad with Italian dressing, but I get that in restaurants. My chicken always seems to get dried up when I cook it unless I marinade for a day, but that takes too much time.

I hate: oatmeal (except in cookies), raisins, bananas, cottage cheese. All of these have textures I can't stand.

Did you keep the weight off?

The raw cauliflower is very nice to eat and you can also have rice crackers with tuna (cuts out alot of the carbs and fat ,just put a little mustard on it.

Or how about a nice shake for breakfast, thats quick and healthy if you put the right ingriedients in it :)

Your problem with the chicken might be that you cook it too long,

QUOTE(shiloh357 @ Apr 11 2007, 06:30 PM)

I take raw Cauliflower to lunch at work. It is sooo good. I also like it with ranch dressing or jsut about any dressing!!

Man, I'm sorry...that's just gross. I'll take an apple fritter and jog an extra mile or two afterward.

Hahahahahaha thats not gross an apple fritter is gross, you can feel the fat sticking to the roof of your mouth :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/09/1961

Angels: Actually, I gained a couple back, but that was right before Christmas and I totally binged on cookies, candy and alcohol. So if I had stuck to a correct diet and exercise... man, no excuses!

Anyway, shakes and smoothies sound good. Got any easy ones?

TheoMike: I will just apply it directly to my hips. I'd eat two to balance the fat. Doesn't jogging at a late hour cause you to stay up late? I avoid exercise at night because then I have trouble winding down.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

A little honey in oatmeal tastes good, too, and isn't bad like sugar or Splenda, if you get natural honey.

I just think of fritters, donuts, etc. as a mouthful of fat, and that helps me avoid them.

A little honey in oatmeal tastes good, too, and isn't bad like sugar or Splenda, if you get natural honey.

I just think of fritters, donuts, etc. as a mouthful of fat, and that helps me avoid them.

There are so many tasty shakes, it depends on what you have in the house,I start with the basic and that is biobest plain yogert, orange juice or any otrher kind ,little water (to make more :emot-hug:) sometimes I put berries in it and grounded flaxseed, banana taste good in it too , 1/2 banana would be enoug and there you go, if you want to make it extra healthy buy "Green foods" that a powder made from certain veggies, I add that sometimes too! Becare not to add to much of it, you don't want to overpower the taste of the fruits.

I really like the combination yogert and orange juice.

Right now I'm having for lunch :whole wheat bread with,egg,cut up garlic,little cheese, sliced pickle and topped with a big handfull of springleave lettuce,the pickle with give it enough taste not to miss the mayo :wub: You can add some mustard if you want..

I try to eat most of the time healthy, but when I get in the mood of junkfood please hide it for me :emot-hug: My downfall is good quality chocolate :emot-hug:

I really can only eat brown sugar on oatmeal as a sweetener, I do use the splenda sometimes on my yogert!

But honey is yogert is very good too :emot-hug: Even better is maple syrup :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Oatmeal is just plain nasty! When I have to eat it...I drown it in brown sugar and cream or maple syrup. Somebody said Splenda is bad for you. Anything is bad in excess. I use Splenda in just about all my cooking. Diabetes runs is Mike's family, so we just try to avoid the sugar as much as possible.