• Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

100,000$ to a struggling theological college I visited in Tanzania

75,000$ to pay off a mortgage

30,000$ new car for me

30,000$ new car for a retired priest who has wheels older than he is

lemmee think.......

go to a restaurant for the biggest fillet steak they got (with a bone on the side for ghost)

The rest can go to WB I think :noidea:<_<

and then have a good :noidea::laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Shalom,

You know, I have actually thought a great deal about this.

Hubby and I would:

TITHE immediately, off the gross amount.

Give $$ to our church to build the new building

Give to a family, a widow and her daughter

Give to certain ministries

Pay off our mortgage

Buy hubby a hot tub

Pay off children's college and buy them cars

Buy an investment property, such as an apartment complex and tithe from all the proceeds

After you pay the tithe, and the taxes...my guess is you'll be left with maybe, half a million dollars. You're going to do all that??

Actually mike, million dollars doesn't get hit that hard. you end up paying something like 30%

I don't uderstand why anyone would tithe on the governments money. That makes no sense whatsoever! Tithing is your income, not what the government takes from you.

And i dont' understand either why some people refuse to take tax credit for tithing. That makes no sense either.

But back to the amounts, if you structure it right, even start a small business, take startup costs as a loss, you can walk away with probably 800k of your 1mil and out of the 200k that you would pay in tax, some of that starts up a small business for you

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Shalom,

You know, I have actually thought a great deal about this.

Hubby and I would:

TITHE immediately, off the gross amount.

Give $$ to our church to build the new building

Give to a family, a widow and her daughter

Give to certain ministries

Pay off our mortgage

Buy hubby a hot tub

Pay off children's college and buy them cars

Buy an investment property, such as an apartment complex and tithe from all the proceeds

After you pay the tithe, and the taxes...my guess is you'll be left with maybe, half a million dollars. You're going to do all that??

Actually mike, million dollars doesn't get hit that hard. you end up paying something like 30%

I don't uderstand why anyone would tithe on the governments money. That makes no sense whatsoever! Tithing is your income, not what the government takes from you.

And i dont' understand either why some people refuse to take tax credit for tithing. That makes no sense either.

But back to the amounts, if you structure it right, even start a small business, take startup costs as a loss, you can walk away with probably 800k of your 1mil and out of the 200k that you would pay in tax, some of that starts up a small business for you

I'm self employed so I get hit real hard. My quarterly installments could support a family of four for a year. It's just not right. Mike is also self employed, although his income is less than mine, his tax burden is still in the stratosphere.

Who doesn't claim their tithes and offerings?? To not do so when the government allows it is insane.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

I'm self employed so I get hit real hard. My quarterly installments could support a family of four for a year. It's just not right. Mike is also self employed, although his income is less than mine, his tax burden is still in the stratosphere.

Yes i know what your talking about. if you hit over 100k it kicks you up in the 39% bracket. i think it also has to do with the type of business you run, if its a LLC, or CORP or if your just a SP.

i know that you write everything off that you can. Also IF i am close to getting my adjustable down below that, i used to spend extra on something i didn't necessarily need to bring it under the income bracket. That would save me 20k for spending 2 or 3 k.

Who doesn't claim their tithes and offerings?? To not do so when the government allows it is insane.

Well i know i have seen half a dozen people on this board that claim they tithe on the Gross, and don't claim it on taxes. Real insane when they don't do that. thats just giving the government money. personally i want to make it as difficult as possible for the government to steal my hard earned money from my pocket.

When you claim these on your taxes, do you get all your money back?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Yes i know what your talking about. if you hit over 100k it kicks you up in the 39% bracket. i think it also has to do with the type of business you run, if its a LLC, or CORP or if your just a SP.

i know that you write everything off that you can. Also IF i am close to getting my adjustable down below that, i used to spend extra on something i didn't necessarily need to bring it under the income bracket. That would save me 20k for spending 2 or 3 k.

Well i know i have seen half a dozen people on this board that claim they tithe on the Gross, and don't claim it on taxes. Real insane when they don't do that. thats just giving the government money. personally i want to make it as difficult as possible for the government to steal my hard earned money from my pocket.

Yep. 39% sounds right, plus state and local. It is just heartbreaking to see so much money fly out the door. It makes you want to be less successful. Honestly, I cannot afford any more success. I'd be interested in seeing what our joint taxes will look like for '07.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Shalom,

That is alot of money. I think it would take me a week to come down from being in the clouds. :emot-hug:

I would find an Accountant to over see things. Then I would look into charities in the area where I live.

I would suggest giving to ones that don't receive assistance from the government or big businesses.

I would donate to a mission in another country. Then...

I'd pay off my Visa, buy a newer used truck, and go to a place that helps you loose weight. :emot-fail:

I'd probably move into an assisted living home.

If I missed an area I am sure God would let me know. :thumbsup:

Liz

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

Here is what I'd do ideal, temptations aside. :blink:

$100,000 - Give it to needy organizations, with a large chunk to my church.

$100,000 - My personal "entertainment" allowance". Hopefully this would supply me with books/CDs/electronics for a good long time.

$1-200,000 - I'd put this towards my education, to both give me a job I'll enjoy, and maybe some extra courses I'd like. (I want to learn Hebrew for example, but that will probably have nothing to do with my career choice).

$6-700,000 - Find a financial caretaker for it, and use it to make more money (much of which I would give to charities).

Well i know i have seen half a dozen people on this board that claim they tithe on the Gross, and don't claim it on taxes.

I see nothing wrong with that.