MK202002

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

was in earshot of the deacons who gathered in the foyer to discuss the issue. They decided to not ask her to leave since it was just a funeral. One made the point, that if it were a worship service, it would be different. The sad thing was that no one even had their mind on the funeral. Their mind was on the first black person in 220 years had entered their church.

Are you a part of this church? Do you do anything when you hear about stuff like this? I don't think I could just sit back and overhear something like this.

if you would be so kind as to give me some verses or examples of where the OT teaches against intermarrying of the races.

I was going to ask for this as well.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Can't help you there - SA suffered from this kind of twisted thinking for nearly 50 years in some quarters. No amount of Scriptural debate would change the minds of the deaf. There will always be those who use Scripture to suit their own selfish agendas. All I can say is sick and sad :noidea:

Amen Gene!

:24:

That is how they were raised. Many of them have a true Christian relationship, but because of their rearing, they simply do not believe the Black person is entitled to the same rights as they are.

I don't think they should be excused because they were raised that way. We don't excuse suicide bombers for their behaviour even though they were raised that way. I discarded a lot of beliefs that I was raised with. A lot of people do. How can one have a "true Christian relationship" if they hate their brother? It's an oxymoron. Or do they indeed love their black brothers and sisters?

In Canada, there are small sects of major demoninations, that call themselves Baptist or Pentecostal, yet they aren't really affiliated with the major national affiliations. Probably the same with a few sects that call themselves Southern Baptist?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

if you would be so kind as to give me some verses or examples of where the OT teaches against intermarrying of the races.

I was going to ask for this as well.

read my replay on page 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I'm not too convinced on the Baptist issue, either. A LOT, if not most blacks in my area go to Baptist Churches. Southern Baptist in particular. You may be right about this, I don't know. It just seems a little confusing to me that if Baptist churches were behind the KKK so much, that blacks would be so drawn to them. :24:

Where is the proof for this comment?

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

was in earshot of the deacons who gathered in the foyer to discuss the issue. They decided to not ask her to leave since it was just a funeral. One made the point, that if it were a worship service, it would be different. The sad thing was that no one even had their mind on the funeral. Their mind was on the first black person in 220 years had entered their church.

Are you a part of this church? Do you do anything when you hear about stuff like this? I don't think I could just sit back and overhear something like this.

I'm with you, artsylady. I couldn't sit still for this kind of racism. I'm reminded of the funerals I've attended in rural Texas, at all black churches for black coworkers, where we white folks were welcomed and everyone was very nice. I'm sure we were probably the only white people who had been inside these very old churches in a long time, maybe ever, but they just made room and smiled. It's sad to think some of the old dinosaur racist whites are still among us. :24:

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Here in north florida, the sbc's happen to be intergrated.

I attend one of them.

The SBC no longer condones segregated churches, but it takes no real action to eliminate it.

I'm not sure what they could do except start showing repentance, humility, and love from the top and lead by example

People go where people want to go no matter what color they are. Racism has no color and until everyone takes an honest look at the darkness of their own heart, it will continue.

It's just another form of hatred and that is the human condition apart from Yeshua. Even those who claim to follow Him need to be discipled instead of just barely "saved"

Unfortunately, most christians in America think a basic level of emotional platitudes is all that God requires of them....