• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:wub: Well that was an interesting diversion.

Who is this promised of the Father?

The Spirit of God.

Why does He come?
We wouldn't understand the truth without Him teaching us.

What is His role?
John16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

What should we expect of Him?
Everything we expect of God.

How should we honor Him?
By obeying Him.
When are we filled with Him?
When we are obeying Him.

Ephesians 4:30

"And do not grieve the holy Spirit of God"

God the Spirit can be moved by our actions. Bewildering. :)

I wouldn't say bewildering, God feels sorrow ...whatever we see in the life of Jesus we see in the Father and Holy Ghost. Did Jesus feel sorrow when he walked on the earth? Yep. What caused it? God being rejected.

Good answer!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/09/1982

I would suggest reading

"Good morning, Holy Spirit"

by Benny Hinn.

I've learned alot about the Holy Spirit by reading it. Now that I understand who He is my relationship with Him is growing day by day

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I would suggest reading

by Benny Hinn.

I've learned alot about the Holy Spirit by reading it. Now that I understand who He is my relationship with Him is growing day by day

That's what I say every morning, too!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Galatians 5: 22-26

In contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness,

gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified their flesh with its passions and desires.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also follow the Spirit.

Let us not be conceited, provoking one another, envious of one another.

I was just thinking about what the opposite of the fruit would look like:

hate, sadness, anxiety, impatience, unkindness, faithlessness, harshness, lack of self-control

How often do I quench the fruit of the Holy Spirit when I reject His urgings and follow my own selfish desire? How I must grieve the Holy Spirit!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Pretty much anytime the first thought that comes into my head that begins with the word "I". then I am quenching the Spirit.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

How often do I quench the fruit of the Holy Spirit when I reject His urgings and follow my own selfish desire? How I must grieve the Holy Spirit!

Same with me, its a constant struggle between my flesh and following the Spirit. I often try it my way first and only later realize how much easier if I would've just followed what the Holy Spirit lead me to do. :)

But its a learning process with our relationship with God, the same as it is with teaching our own children. And like children all we have to do is ask. :whistling:

Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

How much of God can I have and really want? He's big, and He doesn't sit idle when He comes. I asked God questions like this then He asked me....how much of you can I have? To this day I still struggle with giving Him an honest answer. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Same with me, its a constant struggle between my flesh and following the Spirit. I often try it my way first and only later realize how much easier if I would've just followed what the Holy Spirit lead me to do. :)

But its a learning process with our relationship with God, the same as it is with teaching our own children. And like children all we have to do is ask. :24:

Luke 11:13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

How much of God can I have and really want? He's big, and He doesn't sit idle when He comes. I asked God questions like this then He asked me....how much of you can I have? To this day I still struggle with giving Him an honest answer. :24:

Good thought, 7thseal.

And every time I think I have given Him all-----He shows me something I've held back. :whistling:

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1986

I would suggest reading

by Benny Hinn.

Although there may be some good insight in that book, I would strongly suggest not reading anything written by that man. He has been a false prophet for a long time and still is. This man still claims that Jesus is going to appear in the flesh at his ministry crusades. We know that this is heresy against what is said in our holy bible. I could name numerous other false prophecies that have come directly from his mouth and he has never truly repented to the world for any of these things he has said. He is damaging many christians' faith and doing the work of satan. A book like that may seem great and a lot of it could be but dont forget this verse: "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder! For satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works. I say again, let no one think me a fool. If otherwise, atleast recieve me as a fool, that I also may boast a little.

Dont be fooled or think well "Hinn writes and says some things that are good so Ill still listen to what he has to say". Know, that the bible also says to test something to find out wether it is of God or not and stay away from all kinds of evil! Please hear this with an open mind and take it into consideration. Take care, your brother in Christ, matthew

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

Scripture tells us, 'by their fruit you shall know them'.

I would look at the fruit of any man (or woman) who prophesies or claims to have healed people in the name of God and the evidence of such things is brought into question.

A simple search of 'youtube' for the man in question reveals much.

• Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/03/1986

Scripture tells us, 'by their fruit you shall know them'.

I would look at the fruit of any man (or woman) who prophesies or claims to have healed people in the name of God and the evidence of such things is brought into question.

A simple search of 'youtube' for the man in question reveals much.

Exactly what I'm saying. This man really provides no fruits but is hurting many. Its a very sad situation.