• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

It's impossible that there is no God. He is evident everywhere. What's more, I know His Son very well! HE is the evidence of LOVE.

To be 100% confident that you are correct has certain implications. There are billions of people who do not share the same amount of confidence in those beliefs, or don

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Of course it is possible that there isn't a God. Like A.K. said, it isn't plausible there is no original creator of some sort, but it is possible. I personally think that there has to be a God of some sort out there, but I cannot prove it 100%.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done

abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

I wanted to share with the non believers with the above dark statement. I have seen this quote shot around here a few times. Of course we do good. And the carrier of this statement isn't the bad person. This is how they are taught to view us. And is sad.

It may have been better to quote Romans 3: 9-18....

Well, then, are we better off? Not entirely, for we have already brought the charge against Jews and Greeks alike that they are all under the domination of sin, as it is written:

"There is no one just, not one, there is no one who understands, there is no one who seeks God.

All have gone astray; all alike are worthless; there is not one who does good, there is not even one.

Their throats are open graves; they deceive with their tongues; the venom of asps is on their lips;

their mouths are full of bitter cursing.

Their feet are quick to shed blood; ruin and misery are in their ways, and the way of peace they know not.

There is no fear of God before their eyes."

The Christian belief is that without God's grace we tend toward evil. This is true not only of atheists, but of all of us when we do not walk in the fear of the Lord. It would be arrogant of me to shoot Scriptures at you like arrows, without acknowledging that I too am a sinner and capable of evil. The only difference is that I have accepted the forgiveness offered by Jesus Christ.

Ever hear the old cliche' (sometimes seen on bumper stickers) "Christians aren't perfect---just forgiven" ?

Paul admits, even of himself, in Romans 7: 14-25-----

We know that the law is spiritual; but I am carnal, sold into slavery to sin.

What I do, I do not understand. For I do not do what I want, but I do what I hate.

"For I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh. The willing is ready at hand, but doing the good is not.

For I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want.

Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

So, then, I discover the principle that when I want to do right, evil is at hand.

For I take delight in the law of God, in my inner self,

but I see in my members another principle at war with the law of my mind, taking me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.

Miserable one that I am! Who will deliver me from this mortal body?

Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Therefore, I myself, with my mind, serve the law of God but, with my flesh, the law of sin."

As an atheist, you do not have the benefit of God dwelling in you. (if you are baptized, that may be a different matter) So, you truly are at a disadvantage when it comes to doing good. That does not mean that I am a better person than you---NO, not at all. It means that the Holy Spirit, who dwells in me, steers me away from evil and toward good. I, of course, have the option of following His lead or turning away.

God bless you, justaguy.

F

:wub:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Of course it is possible that there isn't a God. Like A.K. said, it isn't plausible there is no original creator of some sort, but it is possible. I personally think that there has to be a God of some sort out there, but I cannot prove it 100%.

Of course we can't prove it. The bible says we walk by faith not by sight. Thats good enought for me.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

This is how they are taught to view us.

As an atheist, you do not have the benefit of God dwelling in you. (if you are baptized, that may be a different matter) So, you truly are at a disadvantage when it comes to doing good. That does not mean that I am a better person than you---NO, not at all. It means that the Holy Spirit, who dwells in me, steers me away from evil and toward good. I, of course, have the option of following His lead or turning away.

God bless you, justaguy.

F

:)

I disagree, Fiosh. It is how you are taught to look at different people. I can cheerfully tell you how Atheist has done wondrous things, even such things that indirectly effect you. yes Atheist has done disastrous things as well. Sounds like we can replace with "Christian" in that same statement, does it not? My quote still holds true.

God bless you, Fiosh :P

Point taken, jag.

But just for the record, I don't think you are any more of a "bad person" than I am.

Peace,

F

:laugh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It's impossible that there is no God. He is evident everywhere. What's more, I know His Son very well! HE is the evidence of LOVE.

To be 100% confident that you are correct has certain implications. There are billions of people who do not share the same amount of confidence in those beliefs, or don

Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done

abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

I wanted to share with the non believers with the above dark statement. I have seen this quote shot around here a few times. Of course we do good. And the carrier of this statement isn't the bad person. This is how they are taught to view us. And is sad.

It is how God views things!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  1,763
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Birthday:  11/23/1990

It is utterly and completely impossible. The world could not exist without a creator. There had to be a starting point somewhere. Even if the Big Bang Theory is correct, it still started with matter, where did that matter come from? Short of a God, this question has no answers.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Read Kant's Critique of Pure Reason. To me, it does prove there is an intelligence beyond man's intelligence. We call this intelligent being, God.