FalseSyllogism

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  397
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

It's impossible that there is no God. He is evident everywhere. What's more, I know His Son very well! HE is the evidence of LOVE.

To be 100% confident that you are correct has certain implications. There are billions of people who do not share the same amount of confidence in those beliefs, or don

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,832
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

There is no God?? :o

This reminds me of a (now famous) piece of graffiti:

'GOD IS DEAD',

Nietzsche

And underneath, someone had written:

'NIETZSCHE IS DEAD'

God

:24:

God will be around a lot longer after you've gone, my friend :emot-nod:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Why do you ask? Do you ask because you need to be reassured? Or do you ask to challenge people's beliefs?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

This god thing isnt automatic. you have to change your thinking and believe in a god. once there, then you have to figure out how to worship. Of course the best religion to worship god is.....

I agree with part of that... but I do think that every single person has a born knowledge that there is a god out there. You look at the hills and the trees, and I doubt that the first thing that would come into a person's mind would be, "That's a pretty amazing feat of scientific chance and billions of years of the Earth's developing." You woudl wonder, "Who made this?" I can accept that as people explore the idea of a god that some would choose that there one... it's another path you can take (just think of all the crazy religions man has come up with!). I agree that people try and figure out the "best" way to worship... that's why we have so many different faiths out there.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

JAG,

Your a pretty intelligent guy. Please spare the juvenile commentary. :emot-handshake:

Secodly,

We are all born with the inborn knowledge that there is a God. The exact opposite of the argument that you are presenting is that there are so many skewed Religions because folks are trying to get at the Truth.

The Truth of the matter is that we are made for Worshipping God. However we are tainted by sin and that sin places our own selves higher than the very reason we were Created. We essentially place ourselves before God. In the place of God we take the Throne and make offerings that we believe are precious to Him. Yet they are alltogether unworthy and as filthy rags before a Holy, Just, and Righteous God because they come evil lips and wicked hearts.

Religion is mans pithy attempt at pleasing a God he knows exists. Yet there is only one thing Pleasing to God and that is His Son and the work of His Son.

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

JAG,

It's not my way of thinking. It's Gods way of thinking. :wub: I have come to find that my way of thinking is wrong and Gods way right. :P

God is right and I am wrong.

Proof?

God knew you before He formed you in the womb;

Ps

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

Grace to you too.

Matthit,

Sorry about that, I can only do my best.

Curious, you stated that we are all born with a knowledge of there is a god. May I challenge you to post the facts so we can see you didn't come up with that out of thin air? Actually don't because I want to post something out of thin air.

If you lived on a farm out of the middle of no where and your family don't practice religion but only works hard, you won

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

Grace to you too.

Matthit,

Curious, you stated that we are all born with a knowledge of there is a god. May I challenge you to post the facts so we can see you didn't come up with that out of thin air? Actually don't because I want to post something out of thin air.

If you lived on a farm out of the middle of no where and your family don't practice religion but only works hard, you won

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

This god thing isnt automatic. you have to change your thinking and believe in a god. once there, then you have to figure out how to worship. Of course the best religion to worship god is.....

You know,

I really admire your looking into it all. I have some good friends who do not care if there is any "god thing" as you put it.

Search and you will find. Eventually you will come to the truth.

There is only one truth, by definition and sooner or later people get to it.

Took me 52 years to see that God is not there because I created Him (my long term theory) but that He is there whether I say so or not.

Without going into faith details, you have to admit this search for truth is a universal thing, whether you are born in a hugh city, on a small farm or even on a remote deserted island. "somehow" people manage to get to a truth which works for them.

I maintain that truth is in the right direction and given enough time we will all get to THE Truth.

You are right to search and question any faith that comes before you. The God I believe in, wants us to do that.

He did give us free choice. I certainly won't and can't deny you that gift.

BTW, religion, the way I understand it, is something that gets in the way of the truth. It is all too often, an attempt to fix God into a box. That will never work.

Blessings :wub:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

Grace to you too.

Matthit,