• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Any news as to what caused him to start shooting?

Matthew 24:12 "Because lawlessness is increased, most people's love will grow cold."

I honestly don't see if that could ever be set in stone and known for sure. This does sound premeditated however.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

No, more guns = more fear. How do you have a trusting academic community when there are guns everywhere?

Do you see what you are doing? Guns can't 'animate' themselves - they are nothing but simply machines. How many are around you means NOTHING. I attend a gun show about every year, up to 5,000 people, and usually even more guns than that. And being Georiga, most in the crowds are armed! NEVER have I heard of a problem at such a show.

I'm not saying that safety things couldn't have been handled differently, because it appears that there were some major problems and delays.

There always are. Police and guards cannot be everywhere. It takes seconds to be killed by a gunman - if you cannot defend yourself, then your role in the situation is to die - period.

But as a current college student living 550 miles from home, I can say honestly that I would never give up a gun-free campus for some marginal gain in feeling safe.

The "feeling safe" is the problem. You "feel" safe because it's against the rules to carry a gun. But killers don't yield to gun laws, only people like you and me do. And the fact that you and I yield to laws will not make us safe.

Let's call this what it is - an atrocity, an abomination, a nightmare - and not make it a case study.

Because if we make it a case study, your viewpoint is weakened, right?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Because if we make it a case study, your viewpoint is weakened, right?

Making this a case study at this point in time is essentially using the tragedy as a way to push through a political agenda.

Another day maybe, but trying to "prove something" from this right now is frankly a bit disrespectful in my opinion.

Guest LadyC

guns in the hands of RESPONSIBLE people, such as school administrators, result in LESS fear for the average citizen on campus. and MORE fear for the psychopaths that want to go on a murder spree.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

There needs to be people on campus at every school with guns to prevent such things from occuring. Either we need to have armed security officers, or give guns to the teachers as well as the Dean or Principle. Then the casualties would be reduced as the shooter could be taken out sooner.

I take it you like western movies.

while our boys are in the middle east fighting allah, satan has a heyday in America promoting domestic terrorism. :P

Look I know you hate this country as you continually run it, us and it's leaders down. But I think you have crossed the line in this remark. To bad you can't find in that Christian your heart of yours to pray for these familie and friends of these murdered souls.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Making this a case study at this point in time is essentially using the tragedy as a way to push through a political agenda.

In other words, let's give the anti-gun kooks a chance to explain why the real answer is MORE gun laws. What law you gonna pass? The campus was already a 'gun free zone'. It almost worked, there was only ONE gun on campus!

Another day maybe, but trying to "prove something" from this right now is frankly a bit disrespectful in my opinion.

Ok, how long do we wait? Can we talk about it tomorrow? Next week? When?

On the other hand, of course, the stupid news networks are now in a FULL TIME analysis of this - and it's so stupid, 'cause none of them know what happened, other than one or more nuts went on a killing spree.

Guest LadyC

correction. there were 2 guns on campus. cops have found two 9mm handguns. either there was one psycho with 2 weapons, or there's still a gunman at large.....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

What a tragedy, I wanted to start a topic on this earlier today, but the number of victims seemed to rise with each passing minute. Without making this into a case study I will say that, we just aren't safe anywhere, not even at our own homes and it will get worse. 60 people were either killed or injured in this rampage, this was at the hands of 1 individual. How can 1 person get away with something like this, without anyone doing anything to stop him? Those students were like cattle going to the slaughterhouse. They smelled the blood, heard the gunshots and just waited for their turn to die.

Our society has made us weak and defenseless, I bet, even 20 years ago, if a student had started opening fire on innocent people, he would've been subdued by others that were willing to cast all love of their lives aside to help out the innocent. Now, I bet what was going through those victims minds was. . .I hope he chooses someone else. Now, none of us can know exactly what we would do in a situation like that, but we need to learn to fight against evil, we need to confront it and stop it.

Let us pray for those victims that have died, are dying and pray for a speedy recovery for the ones that will live through this. Let us pray that we, as a society, will grow stronger from this and learn to go head to head against evil.

History was made today, if we want to prevent any further historic massacres from happening we all need to become vigilant, strong survivors, or we can capitulate to evil and hope we aren't next.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

To those arguing over the pros and cons of guns and such, can we please not turn a thread about a tragedy into a debate?

This is very very sad...how frantic families must be wondering if their children are dead! :P;)

Guest LadyC

smiles, i understand what you are saying. but you must understand that without such debates over how to best protect our students, more tragedies like this will occur. it is FROM tragic circumstances that we can make changes that will make our children more secure in the future.

you must also understand that incidents like this bring out everyone's worst fear, and we respond the only way we can.... by talking about it. by trying to analyze what could have been done, and what can be done.

it's a natural thing to debate this issue, although i think personally we shouldn't debate it, we should just DO it. but nothing gets done without legislative change, and legislation doesn't get changed without people getting involved and speaking their mind.

it has nothing to do with disrespecting the deceased and their families. in fact, it is out of respect for them that we NEED to be discussing security measures.

in times of "peace" we become complacent and tend to put these discussions on a back burner.