IGNORED

War on Terrorism

Guest idolsmasher

Here you go Idol and OA;

Syria is next if they don't play ball. Did you know they don't have any oil??

Why would we threaten war with them?

Lemme guess;

1.Our evil industrialists want control of their terrorists so we can exploit them as a cheap labor force, right???? :blink:

2. Bashar Assad is a Clinton supporter.

3. It's a media conspiracy to cover up our REAL intentions of invading Argentina

4. We want their opium so Bush can sell it on the black market to make some quick cash for his upcoming election campaign?

5. We really just want to damage the environment anywhere we can.

6. It is a zionist conspiracy to take over the world!!!

It's hard to get a bead on how you guys think but I'm sure it couldn't be because they sponsor terrorism and have Saddams WMDs, right?

================================

Saddam's WMD hidden in Syria, says Iraq survey chief

By Con Coughlin

(Filed: 25/01/2004)

David Kay, the former head of the coalition's hunt for Iraq's weapons of mass destruction, yesterday claimed that part of Saddam Hussein's secret weapons programme was hidden in Syria.

In an exclusive interview with The Telegraph, Dr Kay, who last week resigned as head of the Iraq Survey Group, said that he had uncovered evidence that unspecified materials had been moved to Syria shortly before last year's war to overthrow Saddam.

"We are not talking about a large stockpile of weapons," he said. "But we know from some of the interrogations of former Iraqi officials that a lot of material went to Syria before the war, including some components of Saddam's WMD programme. Precisely what went to Syria, and what has happened to it, is a major issue that needs to be resolved."

Dr Kay's comments will intensify pressure on President Bashar Assad to clarify the extent of his co-operation with Saddam's regime and details of Syria's WMD programme. Mr Assad has said that Syria was entitled to defend itself by acquiring its own biological and chemical weapons arsenal.

Syria was one of Iraq's main allies in the run-up to the war and hundreds of Iraqi officials - including members of Saddam's family - were given refuge in Damascus after the collapse of the Iraqi dictator's regime. Many of the foreign fighters responsible for conducting terrorist attacks against the coalition are believed to have entered Iraq through Syria.

A Syrian official last night said: "These allegations have been raised many times in the past by Israeli officials, which proves that they are false."

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking my feelings and the hate that has been stirred in me to the Throne and my concerns about this thread to the moderators.

oh nebula,

Please don't let this upset you so. We are never going to resolve every issue on this earth. There will always be people who see the boogie-man behind every rock. Have fun with it.... :blink:

It's not the end of the world for some Canadian to be a Canadian. Everyone has the God given right to be wrong on some things...as long as they aren't stockpiling weapons.

Hmmmm.....

Idol never did answer that question??? LOL

Are you hiding Saddam's WMDs at your place, man???

:t2:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you Brethren,

I would desire to ask a sincere question. My attention was drawn here out of concern and Love.

I believe as River has well stated . This fear and anxiety over war has bred the current discussion. We all desire to see Nations led by Righteous people. Only problem the only Righteous person worthy of ruling the Nations is Jesus Christ. As we wend and twist our way closer to that day? Men will continue on the same path they always have.

There is nothing new under the sun. We are entitiled to our opinions.

Does it have anything to do with the great commission?

I will give an example;

Last night I was talking to my unsaved baby sister on the phone. She is very close to being saved. I was talking to her about this Super Bowl party we are having at our Church. Actually in the Sanctuary! The Pastor is giving away a truck! To draw in the unsaved youth in the area. I have invited my sister and her husband. He might be able to use the truck. He is a mechanic Thru the program he works for they fix vehicles and sell them. Anyway. The position arrives that my Pastor is a good old boy and likes to hunt. My sister is offended she Loves animals. UH'Oh. She is surprised that a man of G-d would hunt and kill G-ds creation. I do not try to explain my position. I rather tell her listen there are many positions in Christianity. This does not lead away from Faith. The basic principle that He died for us. He Loves us so much that He died for us to restore the relationship. To cover our sins. So that we will be acceptable to the Father.

I have reservations about animals having souls , you know the argument. It doesn't matter.

How would arguing the point help my sister? Rather it would harden her heart! This I did not wish to do. We ended with her and I praying together on the phone! I was overjoyed. She still has not been born again.

What on earth does this have to do with the war on terrorism?

Simply that if you desire to bring in the lost or you desire to belabour your point to the point of contention. So be it! Do it civilly or not at all.

As for me I will go and write a letter to some soldiers who may or may not be saved. I will express my sincere gratitude to them and my Love and understanding for the predicament they didn't ask to be in.

There was a letter read in my Church on Sunday. From a young female private stationed in Iraq. Very afraid! She is only one of two females in that unit and not only is she fearful of death she has no one to talk to 12 hours a day. As they are split in their rotation of duty. Sure she can talk to the men. Yet she needs female companionship. She needs someone to talk to her. She needs not only that. She needs Jesus Christ.

Here is my question. Are we executing True Judgment. :blink:

By the way I know nothing and only desire that my Lord receive His Glory! This is my reward.

Have much Peace :il: ,

Dave

Guest idolsmasher

I posses the most powerful weapons ever known to mankind, the love of God and faith. All the WMDs in the world are no match for these weapons which are able to change men's hearts for the better. Weapons of mass construction!

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

I posses the most powerful weapons ever known to mankind, the love of God and faith. All the WMDs in the world are no match for these weapons which are able to change men's hearts for the better. Weapons of mass construction!

:read::read::read::read:

Excellent post smasher!! WooHoo!!

*Weapons of mass construction! ~ Now why didn't I think of that?*

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

frusty.gif

Someone wise said I should leave all this behind me. I think I will.

(School's starting again, anyway - once the weather lets us back in that is.)

I agree with Traveller! Well said, Idol!

and I third that...very diplomatic of you

so whadduya think we should do to Syria?

If we think they have WMDs then we should not invade. We should hit them hard in the capital city with some cruise missles!

And we shouldn't open a discussion for UN approval because it's easier to get forgiveness than permission....

who's with me?

:read:

Guest idolsmasher

I forgot to mention the most important benefit of these weapons is that they SAVE souls! Weapons of mass salvation!

Neb, you're just too nice! :il: God bless you!

Guest idolsmasher
so whadduya think we should do to Syria?

Ariel sharon himself said it, that in order to have peace with Syria Israel must give back the Golan heights. Do that and solve the Palestinian issue and you'll have a bunch of new friends instead of enemies. :read: