bhakthi

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

The Spirit speaks these things to churches-the message of repentance,saying "He who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place--unless you repent." Revelation;2;5

"Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth" Revelation;"2;16

"And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works." Revelation;2;21-23

"Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you"Revelation;3;

"So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.' Rev;3;16

These are the warnings to the churches.These warnings are for those who have ears.I watch all the people who go to churches have ears.But the scripture talks about people who have ears but do not hear.Those who heed are the lucky ones

Edited by Botz

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Am I reading a different Bible or something. :noidea:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/09/1982

yeah, we Christians tend to only seek blessing scripture and disregard warning scripture. There's a scripture in the NT (Msg) that says God is kind yet firm.

God loves us with His all but when we're disobedient He'll take us by the arm, pull us aside and say "Listen son, this is not the way..."

As a loving father disiplines his children, BECAUSE HE LOVES THEM, likewise God will disipline us because He loves us. He clearly warns us against the things that will produce death and in love we need to hear it! We as brothers in Christ need to correct each other in a loving way. Solomon also says that a friend will correct but an enemy will flatter you with his words.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Although different because the version is not the KJV, those are basically teh same verses in my Bible. I think the main idea of this post is that, as already said, people tend to look over verses taht talk about punishment and discipline, and focus mostly on those that provide encouragement and blessing. Right?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  169
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Although different because the version is not the KJV, those are basically teh same verses in my Bible. I think the main idea of this post is that, as already said, people tend to look over verses taht talk about punishment and discipline, and focus mostly on those that provide encouragement and blessing. Right?

"Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. " Mathew;13;13

There were people like that in the OT.There are people in the church who have lost hearing abilty.

You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. 21 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." Revelation;3:17

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Another bad american church thread?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Yall know this is prophacy don't you. It is metephorical. When he addresses the "Churchs' he's not addressing the church but the era/age that man is in. The different ages that the churches area in. Were either in one of two church ages, the 4th or the 6th. Similar in ages.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

I understand the verses, and the prophecy... I'm just wondering whether the OP has a particular point he'd like to make, or if it's just a reminder (in which case, thanks! A good reminder is always welcome).

• Topic Count:  490
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  02/25/1990

Another bad american church thread?

Yall know this is prophacy don't you. It is metephorical. When he addresses the "Churchs' he's not addressing the church but the era/age that man is in. The different ages that the churches area in. Were either in one of two church ages, the 4th or the 6th. Similar in ages.

Yeah yeah, this is probably off topic... but I just have to say.. what if we are'nt in EITHER of those? Isn't it possible that we (America specifically) gets "better" despite the seemingly moral downward spiral and we aren't in either or those, OR that (if this is referring to America or a specific country), that we've gone so far down hill we don't exist at all?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

The Spirit speaks these things to churches-the message of repentance,saying "He who has an ear let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.

Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place--unless you repent." Revelation;2;5

"Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth" Revelation;"2;16

"And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works." Revelation;2;21-23

"Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you"Revelation;3;

"So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.' Rev;3;16

These are the warnings to the churches.These warnings are for those who have ears.I watch all the people who go to churches have ears.But the scripture talks about people who have ears but do not hear.Those who heed are the lucky ones

Not sure what your question is, if you have a question but when I interpret, "Those who have ears" I'm discerning "Those who I am calling at that time that know they are sinning in sexual sin and know they need to repent. If they ignore me, they will die a spiritual death and eventually die away from me forever! Does anyone else discern this verse in this way, or somewhere near it???