• Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Why would anyone get angry with GOD?

I have never been angry with HIM!

I have been angry with my kids or a few friends. I make a big effort to work things out.

I respect and love my GOD!

Liz

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I dont recall ever being angry with God but I have on a couple of occaisions been rude.

I was feeling like giving up and wondering why I even bother to ask for anything,God doesnt want me to be happy anyways.

Ofcourse I was wrong but the feelings were real.

:b:

Do you think that it's okay to get angry with God? Do you think God prefers our honesty, or our respect?

I'm so glad The Lord let me meet you, Dear Sister, and the rest of my rowdy loving caring Jesus family at Worthy.

At times in my life I have wondered where The Beloved of The Lord were hiding!

I wonder no more!

Hallelujah To The KING!

The Song We Sing

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
Ephesians 5:19

Deeper And Deeper We Fall

Deeper And Deeper We Fall In Love With Him

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins."

1 John 4:10

Deeper And Deeper We Fall In Love With Him Because He First Loved Us

"We love him, because he first loved us."

1 John 4:19

Deeper And Deeper We Fall In Love With Him As He Perfects His Love Within Us

"No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

1 John 4:12

Deeper And Deeper We Fall In Love With Him As we Keep His Commandments

"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments."

1 John 5:2

Deeper And Deeper We Fall In Love With Him As We Abide Within Him

"As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."

John 15:9-10

Deeper And Deeper We Fall In Love With Him As We Cry And Pray And Rejoice With Our Brothers And Our Sisters As We Hold Them Deep Within Our Hearts

"We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death."

1 John 3:14

Deeper and Deeper We fall In Love With Him As We Truly Know Him

'He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love"

1 John 4:8

Head Over Heals In Love With God

How Can We Not Love For.....

"And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him."

1 John 4:16

And He Shall Rise Us Up Higher And Higher And Higher

Forever To Be With Him

Maranatha!

Hallelujah!

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Romans 8: 28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

If we could only just rest in his will, we wouldn't get angry..........because we would know that whatever is going on in our lives is working for our good!!!

God is faithful :b:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  580
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Why would anyone get angry with GOD?

I have never been angry with HIM!

I have been angry with my kids or a few friends. I make a big effort to work things out.

I respect and love my GOD!

Liz

Well, I can only answer that from my own experience, but hard times can lead one to irrational behaviour.

I know...I was very foolish :b:

I guess I just gave into my flesh in a moment of frustration

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Do you think that it's okay to get angry with God?

Do you think God prefers our honesty, or our respect?

yes, i think He understands when we get angry at Him. I tell Him how I feel. For instace one day I was driving in my car, and I said, "God I don't understand why blah blah blah...I am so mad at you....blah blah blah...but I DO know one thing, Your ways are higher than mine, your thoughts are higher than mine, so help me get through this."

the blahs were the personal stuff

Guest lovinghim4ever

Yes, I believe it is okay to get angry with God, but we should not let that anger turn to bitterness.

I believe being honest with God is showing Him respect, because He knows everything anyway.

Why disrespect Him by trying to hide anything from Him?

:24::whistling::whistling:

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

1)No.

2)Yes.

It's not "okay" to get angry with God but we, as humans go, sometimes do. It's still a sin(particularly the "cussing God" part).

As far as "God prefers", I like His conversation here with Abraham and the patience He showed towards him.

Genesis 18:17-33

17) Then the LORD said, "Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do? 18) Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him. 19) For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just, so that the LORD will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him."

20) Then the LORD said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21) that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know."

22) The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the LORD. 23) Then Abraham approached him and said: "Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked? 24) What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it? 25) Far be it from you to do such a thing

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

This is a commentary in my Soul Care Bible (NKJV), it has helped me to understand the whole anger issue alot better.

ANGRY AS CAIN?

Cain had a problem with anger. It wasn't that he got angry. God didnt warn him because he got angry; God warned him because he stayed angry.

The incident that provoked Cain's anger occurred during a worship service. The brothers met to offer sacrifice's to God. Cain broght an assortnment of farm goods as an offerring; Abel presented an offerring of special value. Cain did his duty; Abel gave his best. God was pleased with Abel's offerring, but rejected cains. The older brother was furious.

Cain's original anger actually represented a positive response. But the anger missed its target. Cain should have been furious with himself. Instead, Cains anger became a deadly weapon looking for a new target. At that point, God intervened. He corrected Cain's misplaced anger and offerred him another opportunity; "If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. and its desire is for you, but you should rule over it." (Gen. 4:7)

Adam's first born opened the door for sin. Cain got angry at God and took it out on his younger brother Abel.Anger became murderous jealousy. soon, Abel lay dead in a field. Killing his brother did little for Cain's anger. When God approached him, Cain denied knowing or caring where his brother might be. He resented the consequences of his sin. Cain displayed no remorse or repentance. He became stuck in his anger.

As Cain demonstrates, anger must be ruled over or it will rule. Uncontrolled anger quickly becomes a destructive tyrant. When we invite God to help us identify the causes of our anger and take corrective measures, anger can become a servant rather than a master in our lives. Gods word gives powerful counsel when it notes, " Be angry , and do not sin." (Eph. 4:26)

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

It isn't an issue of ok or not ok. The fact is that we do get angry, well I do for sure.

Once we are angry, it is quite clear that God knows about it and that we shouldn't be foolish enough to even try hiding it from Him.

My daughter told me she was so angry with God one day, she threw her sandels at Him :24:

There was one time I was so angry I asked God to get out of my life :thumbsup:

You know what? He did! At least that is what He allowed me to feel....

7-8 seconds later I was on my knees begging Him to come back.

He did this too !! :)

All I can say is Thank You God ! :)