methinkshe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Vickylynn, none of the Scriptures you posted tell women they must obey their husband, neither do any of them tell husbands they need to lead their wives or give them commands they must obey.

Shalom Martin,

Of course they do. Clearly and plainly. Word for word. That is exactly what the Scriptures say.

Please go back and read them, they are very clear. Wives are commanded to obey and submit to their husbands and husbands are the head (authority) over the wife. It's there.

The question now is, will we obey G-d or not?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

Butero, it would help discussion if you would actually read everything someone writes rather than just take off on a word here and there.

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

The word submit put in here in this translation, does not exist in the original. It actually reads,

In any case, feminism (getting back on target) has not been a movement that bases itself on the equality between a man and a woman but founds itself that there is or are no differences between a man and a woman. When a woman takes that type of belief system into the marriage it will destroy the common bond between the two as it is a belief system which competes with the Man's authority as the head of his family.

My wife and I both have great careers we both earn the same salary, she is in an executive position, unfortunately I don't classify my wife as a believer or follower of Christ, she does not read the Bible, has no interest in reading the Bible, she does not attend Church nor is she interested in Church. I teach my children from scripture and take them to Chucrh (on occasion when they aren't whining about going) but she absolutely would not usurp my authority to pass on the knowledge of the Gospel to our two sons even though she does not believe (although I am working on her with great patience and prayer).

Scripture already teaches us about the equality between man and woman within the Marriage 1Corinthians 7:3-4

3The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife.

Shalom,

Ack!

Double posts! This board freezes up!!

Hi Vicki,

What I do to avoid it, when the site hangs or freezes after I click "Add Reply" I just open another browser window and navigate back to the particular topic I was trying to post in and if my post is up when I get there I just close the window or browser that froze and continue from the new one.

Give it a try.

Peace

CJ

Shalom CJ,

Thank you for both of these responses!!

You are a great dad BTW.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  829
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/26/1943

In any case, feminism (getting back on target) has not been a movement that bases itself on the equality between a man and a woman but founds itself that there is or are no differences between a man and a woman. When a woman takes that type of belief system into the marriage it will destroy the common bond between the two

I'd agree with you there.

Although, I do believe it is a mistake to equate those who believe in Biblical equality as the correct belief system, as feminists. The two are quite different. A Christian who searches Scripture for the answers is not the same as a secular organization which uses logic, bias, world wrongs, etc. as their source. When you mix the two you wrongly assign beliefs to the Christian that are not there's.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

What is being compared is relationship. The husband is the kephele of the wife in the same way that Christ is kephele of the church and savior of "the body". The body of believers are born from Christ's sacrifice.

So then wives are 'born again' from their husband's sacrifice?

It seems the more egalitarians explain things, the more they lose everyone in a morass of ambiguity.

Ephesians 5:

30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." 32This is a profound mystery

This is more than effects of the fall Firehill. These are decrees made by God. What you are saying to me is that mortal men and women are capable of resisting curses that God placed. It wasn't the devil that placed the curses, but God. There is no place in scripture where God gave us the a calling to alleviate the curses. If he did, then why hasn't he allowed us to bring an end to death, one of the curses? Why is it necessary to work a job to earn a living? Why do women still have pain in child bearing? Even with pain meds, most women still feel pain when giving birth. The very idea we are able to fight against God like that is in my opinion, very arrogant.

Only the ground was cursed...

Humankind is only capable of what God has made them capable of including creating, accepting rather than resisting the possible ways to alleviate the effects of the fall.

Accepting God's gifts through medicine, doctors, and farming are not fighting against God but utilizing His good gifts.

How you manage to consistently put the focus on darkness I don't know.

God is good! :24:

God did more than curse the ground. Here is the actual passage from Genesis 3:14-19

14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

There are certain things I want to point out. First of all, according to verse 14, God cursed the serpent. To this day, they continue to slither around on their belly. That is the result of the curse. Next, God tells the woman in verse 16 that he, God will greatly multiply her sorrow and her conception, and that her husband will rule over her. The devil didn't do it, God did...None of these curses have been taken away as you are claiming, neither did God give us a calling to aleviate the curses. They will remain until Jesus returns.

My response to the above: I said that only the ground was cursed...and meant amongst woman, man, and the ground. Yeah, the serpent was cursed but my focus was not on him. NO! God did not curse His creation that HE CALLED GOOD! :24: Look right there in the passage yourself. The only time the word 'cursed' is used in reference to the ground and the serpent.

Vickilynn, lighten up. Obviously I wasn't quoting you. The author and reader know who I quoted. Many times quotes are made and the posters name is by chance left out. Relax. Also often I will address different posters posts within one response as is done all the time on these boards just like this one. You made a mountain out of a mole hill.

Shalom Firehill,

I'm plenty relaxed and light, thank you. You really don't know me well enough to make those statements.

Thanks for the ummm, concern though. :24:

I was just pointing out a significant faux pas and trying to let the good people at home know that I never made that quote because your post did not say who the poster was. I said it very nicely, actually, if I say so myself. :24:

You spoke directly to me about my quote, then quoted someone else and kept speaking directly, as if to me. No one knew to WHOM you were talking and no one but you and the real poster knew it wasn't me. That's pretty significant in my book. And that's certainly not a lil' ol' molehill to the person who is being attributed a quote they never made.

It is common courtesy on this board and others to show which poster you are quoting, especially if you reply to the quote. It is not courteous to quote several posters in one response and not address or credit them specifically, especially when naming one and including posts from others, un-named.

No one reading knows who said what. Not only is it confusing for people to read, it is not accurate as it seems that one person said something they did not. That could cause many problems.

Perhaps you think that's a "molehill", but common courtesy and netiquette say otherwise.

Tell ya what, just don't quote me from now on and we'll be good, 'K? :24:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I have not read all the posts but I just want to say I think it is pretty simple, God designed men and women equal, but different. Equal does not necessarily mean same. Me and my husband are a team, we each serve different roles, both very important roles.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

What is being compared is relationship. The husband is the kephele of the wife in the same way that Christ is kephele of the church and savior of "the body". The body of believers are born from Christ's sacrifice.

It seems the more egalitarians explain things, the more they lose everyone in a morass of ambiguity.

Ephesians 5:

30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." 32This is a profound mystery

Ephesians 5: