Guest keygar

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

TV nowadays is goin` nowhere! :taped: Everything turns into a show... ratings, ratings, rating... that`s what matters now.. :whistling: if your news are not shocking, you news suck... it`s not an informational source anymore, cuz it always lies to keep the show effect... :rolleyes:

guess what... i don`t have a tv in my house any more... all i need i can get from the inet, plus there in the news i can choose what i want to know and what i don`t.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

Hi

Tv is a nightmare, when i first became a christian I was still watching the soaps it wasnt long before God took me out of them and made me aware of what goes into our minds can be really harmful, I spoke to a non christian friend once about a subject she had watched in a soap and she was saying well everyboby does it, my reply was maybe so but it doesnt make it right. She did agree with me on that point. We do have to lead by example, we have to be seen to be different, as you said even the ads are bad they often advertise films that are coming on later which are shown after the watershed and they show an unsuitable clip before the watershed????? My son has been trained to watch out for things that are unsuitable and give them a miss. Sometimes we will be enjoying a really good film with no bad language or anything and then near the end they swear its so annoying and off the film goes and you miss the end of what was a perfectly good film. There are enough beautiful words in the english language to get over what you mean without having to resort to bad language.

Although I still have the tv it is well monitored and when my son leaves home it will probably go as I dont watch it that much now. Im always on worthy. lol

Carol R :)

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  45

I hear that most tv viewing is pretty bad but honestly I never watch the network stuff. On dish network (satallite) we get way too many choices but the only ones we routinely watch are Daystar, Skyangel, TBN and Primetime (all Christian stations) and plus HGV, Discovery Health, History Channel, Fox News, and The Weather Channel. Thats plenty of viewing. Still rather read!

By the way, they say there is a direct correlation between your age and how much time you spend watching the Weather Channel! :th_praying:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I hear that most tv viewing is pretty bad but honestly I never watch the network stuff. On dish network (satallite) we get way too many choices but the only ones we routinely watch are Daystar, Skyangel, TBN and Primetime (all Christian stations) and plus HGV, Discovery Health, History Channel, Fox News, and The Weather Channel. Thats plenty of viewing. Still rather read!

By the way, they say there is a direct correlation between your age and how much time you spend watching the Weather Channel! :thumbsup:

I watch the Weather Channel only if there's a hurricane a'coming! What does that say about age??? :)

By the way, they say there is a direct correlation between your age and how much time you spend watching the Weather Channel! :noidea:

Actually, the Weather Channel can provide comedy too. I can sit in Arizona and watch a snow storm elsewhere -- all the while knowing I won't have to work outside in it! :whistling:

Now, THAT's entertainment! :rolleyes:

By the way, they say there is a direct correlation between your age and how much time you spend watching the Weather Channel! :whistling:

I watch the Weather Channel only if there's a hurricane a'coming! What does that say about age??? :rolleyes:

I don't know about age, but you have a good survival instinct! I lived in central Louisiana for a long time and we watched every time a hurricane was wandering around in the Gulf.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/26/1950

We don't have cable at all. Sometimes I wish we could get Animal Planet. Mostly I wish I was strong enough to live a more active life and not even bother with entertainment.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  158
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/12/1983

I think TV nowadays should be off limits to children under 7. For their safety. Because they show kissing and/or violence in little kid shows/movies now. I think it's horrible.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  36

I hear that most tv viewing is pretty bad but honestly I never watch the network stuff. On dish network (satallite) we get way too many choices..

I`ve been workin in Dish for a while and even the base pack of 60 channels is too much for me. I just don`t have so much time for sitting and watching it all... And most of our customers have been ordering 120 channels... :emot-handshake: i just can`t understand that...