• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

'hupo'

" Why did God allow all first born in Egypt to be killed, especially the babies and the animals?"

To this day that question is waiting to be answered but it doesn't stop me from following God and Yeshua. It just means I want to know.

I am glad that you don't allow unanswered questions to stop you from following the Lord Jesus Christ I have a ton of unanswered myself in regards to life. But as far as your question goes about all the firstborn being killed in Egypt that was due to the fact that Pharoah had not respect unto the firstborn or redeemed of God being Israel His people in whom Pharaoh has enslaved for the simple purpose because they were blessed and kept multiplying and he got afraid they would raise up and overthrow him so he made slaves out of them. But to make it short Pharoah did not regard the wishes of God to let His people go to worship and do sacrifice unto God but hardened or remained stubborn in his heart toward to will of God and because of it God did not have respect unto the firstborn that were in Egypt as a result of it. As God brought punishment one last time on Pharoah for his acts against God and His chosen people. The story is a good read beginning in the first chapter of Exodus.

OC

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

'hupo'

" Why did God allow all first born in Egypt to be killed, especially the babies and the animals?"

To this day that question is waiting to be answered but it doesn't stop me from following God and Yeshua. It just means I want to know.

I am glad that you don't allow unanswered questions to stop you from following the Lord Jesus Christ I have a ton of unanswered myself in regards to life. But as far as your question goes about all the firstborn being killed in Egypt that was due to the fact that Pharoah had not respect unto the firstborn or redeemed of God being Israel His people in whom Pharaoh has enslaved for the simple purpose because they were blessed and kept multiplying and he got afraid they would raise up and overthrow him so he made slaves out of them. But to make it short Pharoah did not regard the wishes of God to let His people go to worship and do sacrifice unto God but hardened or remained stubborn in his heart toward to will of God and because of it God did not have respect unto the firstborn that were in Egypt as a result of it. As God brought punishment one last time on Pharoah for his acts against God and His chosen people. The story is a good read beginning in the first chapter of Exodus.

OC

I didn't mean to open this as a thread, it was just an example of my following God in spite of unanswered questions I have.

The reasons for God allowing all firstborn to be killed, the way you wrote here are what I get from most those I pose the question to.

This reasoning isn't sitting straight with me yet, so as the prophet Habakuk said.....

Hab 2:1 I will take my stand at my watchpost and station myself on the tower, and look out to see what he will say to me, and what I will answer concerning my complaint.

Blessings :noidea:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

God created man in His own image. Says so in scripture....

Gen 1:26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Yet it also says.....

Gen 2:7 then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature.

So God created man, from dust, and without life, until He breathed life into Him

Something dead created from dust.......... that is God's image ? :cool:

How would you explain this contradiction? :)

'Something dead created from dust.......... that is God's image ?'

Uh, God's image was the RESULT of what he created hence God CREATED humanity in his image. :b:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I still don't understand the question...there is no contradiction. It's a mavelous account of how God breathed life-giving breath into a substance that has all of the elements we require to live.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Considering that God is a Spirit then we have to be created in His Spiritual image....not physical :cool:

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Absolutly rtwo,

How do you feel about the question? What is it doing to you?

It's not the initial reason for my asking but I find it interesting

Blessings

Hey, Hupo.

I've read enough of your posts to understand the meaning and purpose behind your question, and thank you for it. To be honest it didn't (and doesn't) do much to my way of thinking. As I said, I see no contradiction, and while I can see an non-believer seeing one, it seems fairly simple to dispose of. As I said, Wayne's response on this really is the best metaphore with which to explain it. It's such a good response, I'm a little jealous for not having come up with it and instead having to merely refer to it. :thumbsup:

My own beliefs regarding the "image of God" are a bit on the "mystic" side, but include some of what Apoth... (sp?) said. When God said, "let us make man in Our image", I believe this was a conversation between the Father, Son and Spirit (as one God), and that it refers to the fact that man is also in three parts: being body, mind and spirit -- but just as our shells of clay can in no way touch the Glory that is God, neither does our own spiritual makeup in any way reflect or do justice to His glory.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

I still don't understand the question...there is no contradiction. It's a mavelous account of how God breathed life-giving breath into a substance that has all of the elements we require to live.

I'll try again. I saw that God created man in His own image. Then I see God created man from dust initialy without life in him.

I believe in what the Bible says. But.... I don't understand everything the Bible says.

I'm not worried about God. I just want to know what this means.

My logical mind asks questions. Why is this so hard to understand?

It has nothing to do with my faith.

I do believe that if it says in scripture that God created man in His own image, then He created man in His own image whether I understand it or not.

My understanding or lack of it, won't put a dent in the truth so I don't think anyone should be worried that my questions will change anything.

I just want to understand.....

I know I complecate things with my wording but, hey! that's the "gift" I have........... :21::24:

Blessings :noidea:

Guest LadyC

i think the best answer was the first one, where someone said if they draw a self portrait that doesn't make them pen and ink.

we were created in His image... it doesn't matter what the medium was that God used. what matters is the finished product. He created us to have a body, a mind and soul. He created us to be able to love, and hate, and feel sorrow and anger and compassion. we are intricately made so that our very existence defies random occurrance and instead reflects intelligent design.

it is our nature that reflects His image, not the dust He used to form adam, or the rib He used to form eve... not the flesh covering our bones or the colour of our skin. He could have made us all look like rocks if He'd wanted to.... our outer appearance is not what mirrors Him.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Our body is only a container that holds who we are temporariily

Guest LadyC
Our body is only a container that holds who we are temporariily

now there is another good answer!