• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/06/1961

I have seen in a few other threads of our works being tried by fire with some gaining great reward and others just getting in to Heaven and then for eternity, they are reminded of their loss as one poster wrote.

First I have no doubt that our works will be tried this is Biblical.

But my question I ask of this Board is, If I will be reminded for all of eternity about my loss, no doubt causing me to have regret for all of eternity. (That would be just common sense to think I will have regret like that)

How will this be Heaven?

Dugmando

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

Yes, our works will be tried by fire, and some will have more left than others. However, you need to remember one important fact about heaven. God will remove all sorrow, regret, and fear. While your reward may not be as much as some, the end all be all of our existence in heaven will be to serve and worship Jesus Christ, and God the Father. There will not be any reminder of loss.

Those who will lose the most will be those who do works with the mind of showing man that they worship God. There are many who still believe in Jesus, and may be saved, but still believe that it is by works seen by others that they maintain their right of mercy into heaven.

When we worship we should be mindful of Jesus and God the Father only, not worrying about who else is watching us. It is better to pray by yourself, locked in a closet, than to be around 100 people praying with the thought being only how many people see you praying.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Yes, our works will be tried by fire, and some will have more left than others. However, you need to remember one important fact about heaven. God will remove all sorrow, regret, and fear. While your reward may not be as much as some, the end all be all of our existence in heaven will be to serve and worship Jesus Christ, and God the Father. There will not be any reminder of loss.

Those who will lose the most will be those who do works with the mind of showing man that they worship God. There are many who still believe in Jesus, and may be saved, but still believe that it is by works seen by others that they maintain their right of mercy into heaven.

When we worship we should be mindful of Jesus and God the Father only, not worrying about who else is watching us. It is better to pray by yourself, locked in a closet, than to be around 100 people praying with the thought being only how many people see you praying.

Well put, Akabu. Unfortunately, I know people who are always mindful of who's watching and put on the religious face when they deem it's appropriate. I also don't think we should worry about what kind of reward we will get in Heaven. It's enough for me if I just make it there to be with the Lord! :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I have seen in a few other threads of our works being tried by fire with some gaining great reward and others just getting in to Heaven and then for eternity, they are reminded of their loss as one poster wrote.

But my question I ask of this Board is, If I will be reminded for all of eternity about my loss, no doubt causing me to have regret for all of eternity. (That would be just common sense to think I will have regret like that)

How will this be Heaven?

Dugmando

i think the real question is...why do rewards matter in "heaven?" :21:

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

How will this be Heaven?

Dugmando

Amen.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

:) I agree

Our reward is simply being where we will be :wub:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Does not the bride in preparation for her great day make herself ready and clothe herself in the finest and cleanest wedding dress possible for her husband? And does she not do this only to be pleasing to the One who has captured her heart?

Hallelujah! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns. 7 "Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready." 8 And it was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. Revelation 19:6-8 NASB

Uncommon Sense

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

If I will be reminded for all of eternity about my loss, no doubt causing me to have regret for all of eternity. (That would be just common sense to think I will have regret like that)
:emot-puke-old::rolleyes::noidea:

Have You not Heard

For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
Psalms 103:11-12

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Revelation 21:4-5

Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee:

How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee:

How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/lyrics.htm

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

who should be held with a greater responsibility???? the younger or the elder in Christ
:21:

So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.

And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.

But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.

And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,

Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.

But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?

Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.

Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

Matthew 20:8-16

Thanks Mike

Love, Your Brother Joe