• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/08/1980

First of all let me say that I am a survivor of attempted suicide. I was an unbeliever at the time.

In my opinion If you are a christian and commit suicide, I can't imagine facing Jesus with that sin when the bible says he came so we could have life. He said if you love me keep my commands. Thou shalt not kill was one of those. It also says that muderers will not enter the kingdom of heaven and if you can't repent of murder you can't have Jesus' blood cover it.

As a christian who is suposed to love God with all your heart, knowing he died for you and suffered for you, committing suicide would in my opinion be like throwing it all in his face like what he did wasn't good enough for you.

As to wheather suicide=hell for the unsaved yes. For the true believing christians = ? But what kind of true believing, God loving christian would do such a thing when God promised to keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on him, and what about "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me'

If a christian who ponders suicide as a real option believes that thier sin of suicide will be covered by the blood of Jesus, why can't they believe that God will not give us more than we can bear, that in our weakness he is our strength?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everybody comes with an expiration date.

Luke 12:20 mentions the soul being required of someone.

No one knows the mind of God. Who He saves and who He doesn't.

No one knows the contents of the heart of any man. God knows...we don't.

To say one man is going to heaven while the other isn't is placing yourself on the same level as God. You can't make those judgments because those judgments aren't your's to make.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I apologize, as I did not read every reply listed here. I just wanted to say that to understand and study suicide, you must look at Judas Iscariot. He opted for suicide........why? Wasn't there another response he could have chosen? He IS the study on suicide. He reveals the motivation behind such an action, we must consider the heart of this matter, to get the answer about suicide and heaven or hell.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Yeah, but not everyone who commits suicide had the same reasons as Judas....

He was guilty of a sin against Christ... for which he couldn't forgive himself... (or at least that's what I think)....

Some people aren't driven by sin, only by self-loathing or loneliness... could you really group them with him?

I guess the fundamental question here is... Can you get into heaven with unforgiven sin?

I grew up Baptist and in past years have been active in a Holiness/Pentacostal church....

The Baptist in me says... yeah... once saved always saved! (Praise God for His Grace!)

The Pentacostal Church taught that if you've backslidden and not been walking with God daily then you're bound for hell....

I guess I'm just looking for scripture to say who's right?

My answer is much like adonaijah's.....the act of suicide is a blatant expression of disbelief. It is a statement of denying the Power of God, to deliver you, not to mention the torment and obvious pain it brings to those loved ones left behind. Suicide is the ultimate act of self-centeredness with no regard for those around....it is an act that completely lacks love.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/06/1961

Hi ruck1b,

I must say I have been taught and tend to believe that exactly as you posted earlier thou shall not kill a commandment of God very clear and very understandable.

Now with that said I also have been taught and tend to believe that this body of mine was created by a Magnificent Being called God who very much values me.

So much so that He sent His Only Begotten Son to Die for me the created being I am.

Now if God values me so much, would it not then be easily understood that if I do any harm to this that God places such an awesome value on, that God would be very angry with me.

It's a fearful thing to fall into the hands of an angry God and that is Bible.

Yes I do think that goes also for anyone who overeats, smokes, drinks, speeds up and down the highway driving recklessly,so on and so on doing the things and whatever we do that could harm one's self.

we will have to pay for our actions but whether that means hell or not that is up to God

but IMHO I think you are very close to being more right than wrong.

Dug

Guest lovinghim4ever

"For if our heart condemns us,

God is greater than our heart,

and knows all things" (1 John 3:20).

"Oh give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good!

For His mercy endures forever" (Psalm 136:1)

;):24::noidea:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I posted the following in The Universal Moral Law in response to a similar debate. It seems pertinent to repost it here.

I know a wonderful brother in the Lord whose 17 yr old son recently committed suicide. He had previously acknowledged Jesus as his Saviour but for a few months had become entangled with a girl who, from what his parents are able to gather, introduced him to cannabis which appears to have had the most terrible effect on this young man. His father believes, as do I, that His former confession of faith in Jesus as Saviour will determine his eternal state. My uncle also committed suicide - he was a professed atheist. But even in his case, I could never say for certain that he didn't meet the Lord Jesus a few moments before death. After all, the thief on the cross alongside Jesus didn't have very long to repent. I often speak to people who are terrified of committing their lives to Jesus because someone they love dearly has committed suicide or died, as far as they know without accepting Jesus as Saviour. They almost feel it would be a betrayal if they were to accept the Lord when their loved one has gone before and possibly to hell. I always explain that we can never know what occurs during the last few minutes of a person's life, and therefore they should allow that there is, at least, a possibility that their loved one met the Lord Jesus and called on Him to save them just before the moment of death. To then refuse the salvation that Jesus offers because it would seem like a betrayal, would be very foolish.

In Jesus,

Ruth

I would add to that the following:

Because we can never know what occurs in the few moments before death, preaching the Gospel is never wasted, even though it seems that at the time, the person to whom we speak has no interest or even totally denies Jesus. We can never know that such a small seed, maybe sown many years previously, may not be sufficient to provoke in a person on their deathbed, a memory of who Jesus is and what He has done, so that they call on the Lord to be saved. But if we never tell them, they cannot know.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  114
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  08/06/1961

methinkshe,

excellent post my dear sister

Dug

Guest lovinghim4ever
I always explain that we can never know what occurs during the last few minutes of a person's life, and therefore they should allow that there is, at least, a possibility that their loved one met the Lord Jesus and called on Him to save them just before the moment of death. To then refuse the salvation that Jesus offers because it would seem like a betrayal, would be very foolish.

Because we can never know what occurs in the few moments before death, preaching the Gospel is never wasted, even though it seems that at the time, the person to whom we speak has no interest or even totally denies Jesus. We can never know that such a small seed, maybe sown many years previously, may not be sufficient to provoke in a person on their deathbed, a memory of who Jesus is and what He has done, so that they call on the Lord to be saved. But if we never tell them, they cannot know.

AWESOME POST! :emot-highfive::thumbsup:

You're so right. We don't know everything, but GOD sure does!

:emot-hug::wub::emot-hug::wub:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

Dear Dugmando and Lovinghim4ever,

I am joyful in Jesus that you appreciate my post, but please remember that if there is any wisdom in my words, it is of and from and by the Holy Spirit, for I am an unwise and foolish old (well, middle-aged) woman in my flesh - but we won't go into that here! I always (well, nearly always) pray that the Lord will give me the words to speak when I respond to any post. Sometimes I get carried away by frustration and anger and post from the flesh and then my posts are anything but wise. I take full responsibility for such posts. But all glory belongs to Jesus for any words that I speak that have any wisdom about them.

All glory to Jesus,

Ruth

Guest lovinghim4ever
Dear Dugmando and Lovinghim4ever,

I am joyful in Jesus that you appreciate my post, but please remember that if there is any wisdom in my words, it is of and from and by the Holy Spirit, for I am an unwise and foolish old (well, middle-aged) woman in my flesh - but we won't go into that here! I always (well, nearly always) pray that the Lord will give me the words to speak when I respond to any post. Sometimes I get carried away by frustration and anger and post from the flesh and then my posts are anything but wise. I take full responsibility for such posts. But all glory belongs to Jesus for any words that I speak that have any wisdom about them.

All glory to Jesus,

Ruth

Yes Ma'am!

All glory belongs to Jesus!

However, I do admire your obedience to share what He'd have you share.

:emot-highfive::emot-hug::thumbsup: