IGNORED

Sex and the Bible

TreyM

Guest LadyC

LOL, glad i made you chuckle, :thumbsup: honestly, i've been married twice and been to tons of weddings, and have never heard 'that thing' read at any of them!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Shalom Gals,

Yup and "That thing" is not the Bible, nor is it G-d's Word and it should not be used instead of G-d's Word or looked to as an authority on G-d's will. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Sex is bad, unless you are married.

Actually, I think Trey is correct. Sex is never bad. Having sex outside of marriage bad.

Cajunboy::::I agree! If God created Sex, how can it be bad! As every good thing in the world can be bad.....when used or abused! You might note that more people (out of marriage) a believed to have sex as opposed to people that have sex and are married. Combined with those that are married and are having sexual relations with other while being married to another......This I believe might be where Pizzaguy is eluding to when he relates to sex being destructive. Sex is probably the one act that involves so much emotion, judgement, and pleasure all into one serious act, yet it can be easily dismissed as (Not evil) or (not wrong) because it is considered "BY GOD!" While that may be true, we know sex can occur with same-sexed partners and in many other obscure ways that we can be assured are NOT blessed by God! So, be careful how you "package" the act as it comes with very serious consequences when not applied and respected......as well as mostly everything else in life!

Be Blessed

Cajunboy

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  113
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Part 1

Our worlds of Christianity and sexuality are commonly viewed as being miles apart. Someone once said, "Christian sex" is an oxymoron. We don't talk about sex or preach about sex unless it's a sermon that deals with "the sinfulness of sex" outside of marriage. When was the last time you heard a sermon preached on the positive side of sex or a sermon from the Song of Solomon. I'm not saying we need to be discussing sex openly, but we've got to understand that God created sex. Why not at least tell people what He has to say about it from a biblical perspective?

Believe it or not, God created sex as something good, and the bible actually has a lot to say on the subject. You may think, with all the warning about not having sex before marriage, that sex is bad. The Bible says something quite contrary to that. Sex is biblical, if looked at from a Godly perspective.

Here's what I see the Bible saying about Sex...

1. Sex is a Good Thing. Sex was created by God as something good. He gave a husband and a wife this gift as a way for them to express their love for one another. God did create sex to be a beautiful and enjoyable expressions of love, but only between a man and wife (Genesis 2:24; Proverbs 5:18-19; Song of Songs 7:6-7; 1 Corinthians 6:13). God also created sex as a way for a husband and wife to have children or as the bible says, "be fruitful and increase in number" (Genesis 1:27-28).

2. Sex was Created for a Husband and a Wife. Sex is in just about every movie, book, television show and song on the radio. Our world has become lax about sex, making it seem like sex is okay with anyone because it feels good, but the Bible does not agree. God created sex for the confines of marriage only, and He calls us to control our passions and wait for marriage (1 Corinthians 7:2-3; Hebrews 13:4; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4).

3. God wants each Person in the Marriage to Conscientiously fulfill their mate's sexual needs and desires. Strong sexual needs exist in both husband and wife. Sex in marriage is wonderful! But like all blessings, there can be an accompanying curse. Unfulfilled sexual needs sometimes lead to illicit relationships. God addressed this strong sexual desire and need in humans through the writings of Paul in 1 Corinthians 7:2-5. "But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."

If you're interested in more information or helpful links, feel free to visit my blog.

Blessings,

Trey

Hello Trey, I'm more concerned with one of your paragraphs and that you are defending ones' need to have sex before a marriage. NOTE:Believe it or not, God created sex as something good, and the bible actually has a lot to say on the subject. You may think, with all the warning about not having sex before marriage, that sex is bad. The Bible says something quite contrary to that. Sex is biblical, if looked at from a Godly perspective

I noted throughout your entire findings that you also noted God's warnings and advisements on "sex only inside of the marriage." Yet you seem to want to defend your thoughts and comments to God saying otherwise???? Unless I'm misunderstanding your entire thought process......You were right to insinuate that God PROHIBITS sex outside the marriage. He does however, speak of "courting" which appears to be very limited dating. What amazes me is how much , as a youth movement , we appear to assimilate sex with love. While the two can be very seperate and very different.

Guest Biblicist
Addendum:

Lest anybody misunderstand what I mean by "intimacy." One of the most intimate moments I ever had with my husband was shortly after my operation. Of course, having intercourse was impossible, but I got one of the best back rubs in my life. What made it intimate was while he was rubbing my back, Mike was sharing some deep thoughts with me about his fears and such, and he really opened up like he never had before. So, intimacy is much more than a physical encounter; it's a spiritual one.

Newlyweds! :):laugh:;)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Addendum:

Lest anybody misunderstand what I mean by "intimacy." One of the most intimate moments I ever had with my husband was shortly after my operation. Of course, having intercourse was impossible, but I got one of the best back rubs in my life. What made it intimate was while he was rubbing my back, Mike was sharing some deep thoughts with me about his fears and such, and he really opened up like he never had before. So, intimacy is much more than a physical encounter; it's a spiritual one.

Newlyweds! :):laugh:;)

:laugh: I hope I'm a newlywed all my life, then.

Guest Biblicist

Addendum:

Newlyweds! :):laugh::laugh:

:21: I hope I'm a newlywed all my life, then.

I do too, Marnie, I really do. ;)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  03/30/1989

Hello Trey, I'm more concerned with one of your paragraphs and that you are defending ones' need to have sex before a marriage. NOTE:Believe it or not, God created sex as something good, and the bible actually has a lot to say on the subject. You may think, with all the warning about not having sex before marriage, that sex is bad. The Bible says something quite contrary to that. Sex is biblical, if looked at from a Godly perspective

I noted throughout your entire findings that you also noted God's warnings and advisements on "sex only inside of the marriage." Yet you seem to want to defend your thoughts and comments to God saying otherwise???? Unless I'm misunderstanding your entire thought process......You were right to insinuate that God PROHIBITS sex outside the marriage. He does however, speak of "courting" which appears to be very limited dating. What amazes me is how much , as a youth movement , we appear to assimilate sex with love. While the two can be very seperate and very different.

I dont think he was defending ones' needs to have sex before marriage. He was simply saying that everyone has needs even before your married. The point is to obey The Lord and wait until your married so He can bless you. He never said he thinks sex is bad, he was saying that the church makes it seem like that because all you hear about it comes along with 'immorality'. But any of that could be easily misunderstood.

I think that if we focused more (as a church body) on how wonderful sex is inside of marriage, and raised our kids up in that mindset, we would see much better results. Verses just always saying how horrible and terrible it is, cuz as we know that only makes kids more curious, and draws them towards it. I think we wouldn't have issues with women not wanting to fulfill their husband's needs, because they were raised by daddy telling them how horrible and nasty sex is. There obviously needs to be a balance of warning as well. But I just think that you dont tell your kids "Don't eat too many apples or you'll get sick and puke and ruin all kinds of stuff!" While that may be true, apples in moderation are very good for you, so wouldn't it make more sense to focus on that aspect of the apple?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

I think we wouldn't have issues with women not wanting to fulfill their husband's needs

?

• 2 years later...

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

I'm going to dig up this old thread because I have a different question:

I apologize in advance if this is offensive or inappropriate. And I apologize if this question has already been asked. I have not read this thread in its entirety, as it is quite lengthy. Back to my question:

Do you believe that certain sex within a marriage is sinful (*edit content*)