IGNORED

Video Games

Voice of Reason

I do not understand how any video game that involves killing or war could be seen as entertainment.

The same way books and movies are seen as entertainment.

People think they're harmless, but if you get enough exposure to these things, they will effect you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Your spirit is what you feed it. Feed it Gods word and you will become like Him. Feed it the world and you will become like the world. We are what we feed ourselves.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I used to be hooked on xbox 360. Call of duty, which advocates terrorism in mw2, I was hooked on most shooters, and rpgs. The games now a days are designed with the intent of consuming the player, there are so many aspects and so many things you can do that it soon takes you in. What I have learned is that my xbox was hindering my relationship with the Lord for alot of reasons, The Lord put it on my heart to get rid of it, so I sold it. It's hard to serve the Lord, then hop in a room and kill 20 people, then get your focus back on the Lord, and RPGs consume time. They are distractions, and I think that they can do serious harm with your personal relationship with the Lord.

Keep in mind we are in a time where we need to be prepared and ready, we need to be spiritually grounded, and give our All to the Lord.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Your spirit is what you feed it. Feed it Gods word and you will become like Him. Feed it the world and you will become like the world. We are what we feed ourselves.

:thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  382
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  3

It is very foolish to think video games make children violent or evil. If an individual decides to play a violent gamem that clearly shows he already has made that chioce in his heart. The video game did not cause anything, in fact, it shows what he already was before he got to the game.

• 8 years later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 8/21/2001 at 4:53 AM, George said:

Are video games harmful to kids?

They can be because kids are very mentally immature. This is why games have rating systems, kids are more likely to act out what they get from playing games. I wouldnt let my children play video games if they were younger than 12 unless the games are playable. I dont have children i am just saying.