Guest Marlee

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Papasangel, stem cell aren't babies. You can feed a baby and put a diaper on it or rub it while it's in your belly kicking around. -- A stem-cell is a clump of 150 cells sitting in a petrie dish until they go into the trash.

Thats the problem, people are really poorly informed about this issue. The embryos that would be used for stem cell research are simply fertilized eggs left over from fertility treatments that otherwise would simply be incinerated and rinsed down the sink. The question is whether we want to just rinse them down the sink, or try to advance medicine and save lives?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Satan can get us into a war through deceit too, what's your point?

If I hear one more person say this war was started by deceit.....

Funny how that sin seems to be so much more grave that the sins of those in your own party; like Tom Delay going to the Marianas and promoting the child labor, prostitution and forced abortion there in order to make more money. As just one glaring example...

Proof, please?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/09/real.delay/

http://www.alternet.org/story/13140/

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2006/Congress...gnity_0607.html

Well, I know Mark Shields isn't a reliable source. He's as partisan as it gets. I don't know anything about the other sources to know if they are credible or not. I've never heard of them.

But why haven't I heard anything about this? This is something the Dems would make sure was in the headlines every day, as bad as they want to "get" Tom Delay.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

In the past I've read threads here of people who object to women being pastors, or being in the ministry, etc. So if those who object to women being in the ministry or being pastors, why do you not object to a woman being president and running this country?

The Bible's teaching is on women in leadership positions in the church. It has nothing to say about a woman being head of state. I don't object to a woman in the White House. I just don't think it's a good idea.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

1) She'll sign legislation to expand the federal funding of stem-cell research; open up new lines too.

2) She can complete a sentence without mumbling and fumbling all over the English language.

3) She's got policial savvy just like the "guys" and she's very smart.

4) I thought her Universal Health Care thing was a good idea; don't know if she's planning on trying that again though.

5) I think she's more moral than most even if she doesn't make her "personal relationship with God" ultra public, dripping with veiled bible verses and references to "God" every time she speaks.

6) I don't like her husband but he does have charisma so he'd be helpful in mending some fences abroad and improve our Country's image in the world.

7) She can handle the pressure that goes with the job; after the scandal involving her husband's infidelity she's proven she's got what it takes to take on the job of President.

If you're trying to sell the notion of Hilary for POTUS, you blew it. Numbers 1, 3, 4, and 6 are reasons alone to keep this broad out of the Oval Office. Numbers 2 and 7 are totally irrelevant. And as for number 5, Hilary's god is not the G-d of the Bible. Hers is some kind of morphed out secular progressive caricature of the real One.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  300
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

1) She'll sign legislation to expand the federal funding of stem-cell research; open up new lines too.

2) She can complete a sentence without mumbling and fumbling all over the English language.

4) I thought her Universal Health Care thing was a good idea; don't know if she's planning on trying that again though.

5) I think she's more moral than most even if she doesn't make her "personal relationship with God" ultra public, dripping with veiled bible verses and references to "God" every time she speaks.

6) I don't like her husband but he does have charisma so he'd be helpful in mending some fences abroad and improve our Country's image in the world.

7) She can handle the pressure that goes with the job; after the scandal involving her husband's infidelity she's proven she's got what it takes to take on the job of President.

If you're trying to sell the notion of Hilary for POTUS, you blew it. Numbers 1, 3, 4, and 6 are reasons alone to keep this broad out of the Oval Office. Numbers 2 and 7 are totally irrelevant. And as for number 5, Hilary's god is not the G-d of the Bible. Hers is some kind of morphed out secular progressive caricature of the real One.

The question was asked and I answered it. All are relevant to me and I stand by my list; especially number one. You can make your own choices.

But why haven't I heard anything about this? This is something the Dems would make sure was in the headlines every day, as bad as they want to "get" Tom Delay.

Liberals and democrats don't control the media, a handful of corporations do and they tend to be conservative.

Edited by Hypathia

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

The question was asked and I answered it. All are relevant to me and I stand by my list; especially number one. You can make your own choices.

Liberals and democrats don't control the media, a handful of corporations do and they tend to be conservative.

The managing editors are overwhelming liberal and they control the content and the delivery personnel.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

The managing editors are overwhelming liberal and they control the content and the delivery personnel.

In today's very competitive environments, media organizations are only concerned with what will sell. While they can certainly target specific audiences, such as Fox News largely targeting conservatives, they cannot afford to simply bias news and reporting in an attempt to promote an agenda. For example, the Washington Post wants everyone to read its newspaper. Therefore, it provides coverage and content that will either maintain or increase its circulation, that is its agenda. If a managing editor does not deliver on that agenda, then they will simply find another one.

In today's very competitive environments, media organizations are only concerned with what will sell. While they can certainly target specific audiences, such as Fox News largely targeting conservatives, they cannot afford to simply bias news and reporting in an attempt to promote an agenda. For example, the Washington Post wants everyone to read its newspaper. Therefore, it provides coverage and content that will either maintain or increase its circulation, that is its agenda. If a managing editor does not deliver on that agenda, then they will simply find another one.

Sounds good and in a capitalistic country this should be the case. However when we look at the ratings of CBS, ABC, and NBC news we see that they have plummeted. By your assumption because of their plummeting ratings we should have seen heads rolling, but we haven't. Something doesn't smell right in the fish pond. I would venture you are correct on one thing. It has everything to do with money.

I guess there are just more, qualified liberal leaning managing editors and delivery personnel... like the rest of the country, more liberal leaning than conservative leaning. :24:

What a scary thought!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I guess there are just more, qualified liberal leaning managing editors and delivery personnel... like the rest of the country, more liberal leaning than conservative leaning. :thumbsup:

A :thumbsup: on a liberal statement from someone who claims to be "the balance"?

I guess there are just more, qualified conservative talk radio hosts, too, more conservative leaning than liberal leaning.

:thumbsup: