IGNORED

Why Hillary?

Guest Marlee

So you think Jesus wouldn't want us to talk about politics?
:whistling:

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Matthew 6:9-10

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

I have an idea. Why don't you have tucker hold up a sign that says

"Hillary, a scandal waiting to happen"

and watch bill and hill's henchmen suppress your freedom of speech or you could get an irs audit for you to remember them by... :emot-handshake:

Oh, you mean like the "Free Speech Zones" at Bush rallys?

I am not a big fan of Hillary. But in a nutshell, I think this is why people that like her think she would do a better job. In the Clinton years, by any measure, things were going better than they are now. That is what people are looking for again.

Whatever you measure with, you need a new one. :emot-handshake:

Well let's see.

1. Longest period of Peace and Prosperity in American History.

2. Over 22 million new jobs created.

3. The median household income went up every single year Clinton was in office (it has declined since Bush has been in office)

4. The poverty rate declined to its lowest rate in American history. (it has went up every single year since Bush has been in office)

5. Our world image was far better than it is today.

6. Crime rates were lower nationwide. Crime rate reached its lowest level in 25 years.

7. We went from record deficits to a record surplus.

8. We had the longest and fastest real wage growth in 3 decades.

9. Unemployment reached its lowest level in 3 decades.

10. Created 9 new national monuments.

11. Clinton left office as the most popular president since FDR.

Just to name a few off the top of my head.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

Or the fact that bin Laden was offered three times and Clinton refused, and instead blew up an asprin factory

Or the fact that the Somilia operation was a failure due to political failures and no support

Or the fact that the country's intelligence gathering ability was severely cut

Or the fact that the military was severely cut in favor of social programs

Or the fact that the jobs created was because of the Y2K hype

Or the fact that economically speaking, the president who enjoys the prosperity is because it takes 8-12 years for the economy to truly come into play (Kensian economics, just like FDR used to partially bring the US out of the depression. WW2 was the main injection).

Or the fact that he lied to a grand jury about a matter really no one would have cared about, except he could never tell the truth, even under oath.

Just a few I can think of.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

She comes across to me as shrill, fake, pandering (which turns me WAY off), cold, UNcompassionate, cold, calculating, willing to step on anyone to get what she wants, untrustworthy, dishonest, a liar, anyone but who she tries to make herself look like, and downright dangerous. She always has, as first lady, too. And NOT just because she's a Democrat, either. It's just how she strikes me. I see right thru her.

This sounds like man in general...thank God for Christ. Kat..I love you sis, but your focus becomes off when you begin to talk about politics.

So you think Jesus wouldn't want us to talk about politics?

Talking about politics? Oh is that what this thread was for? By the responses of people who aren't going to vote for Hillary (I thought the thread was about why you would vote for Hillary) I would say this thread rapidly turned into conservatives bashing democratic candidates. But you're probably correct since that's the way conservatives talk about politics; bash the other side, attack them personally, make light of their public service, insult their character and intelligence and make fun of their appearance or the tenor of their voice... That's the way Jesus would talk about politics. :o

:o

Or the fact that bin Laden was offered three times and Clinton refused, and instead blew up an asprin factory

Or the fact that the Somilia operation was a failure due to political failures and no support

Or the fact that the country's intelligence gathering ability was severely cut

Or the fact that the military was severely cut in favor of social programs

Or the fact that the jobs created was because of the Y2K hype

Or the fact that economically speaking, the president who enjoys the prosperity is because it takes 8-12 years for the economy to truly come into play (Kensian economics, just like FDR used to partially bring the US out of the depression. WW2 was the main injection).

Or the fact that he lied to a grand jury about a matter really no one would have cared about, except he could never tell the truth, even under oath.

Just a few I can think of.

I think in terms of foriegn policy, by any measure we have far more failures today than we had in the 90s. As to your arguments about the military funding, Clinton never even proposed a budget with over 3% discretionary growth, there were cuts across the board while he was in office. As someone who works in IT, you are misinformed about how many jobs resulted from Y2k hype, in fact, if you were right about that, as soon as we passed it, all those 22 million jobs would have evaporated (hint, they didnt).

Even Alan Greenspan credited the Clinton Administration with the prosperity of the 90s.

I don't even nee to look this one up:

Bush has had

record high for the stock market

Every president has enjoyed a stock market that has exceeded the stock market of the decade before. In terms of actual market growth, it grew much more in the 90s than today.

record high revenues to the treasurey

We had record high revenues while Clinton was in office too, each year exceeding the previous. However, the difference was that revenues were largely generated out of income taxes at the time, today, the revenue growth has almost entirely been due to payroll taxes.

Look at the yearly income tax revenues excluding Payroll Taxes:

Year - Income tax revenues.

2000 1004.5

2001 994.3

2002 858.3

2003 793.7

2004 809.0

2005 927.2

2006 1,049.0

Even with inflation, we are hardly better today than we were prior to the tax cuts. Now how is it those tax cuts are generating more revenue? Moreover, he will have added more to the national debt by the time he leaves office than all other previous administrations combined.

record housing starts

Every administration has record housing starts. The population grows, thus more homes are built to house them. This has been true for Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, and now Bush.

higher per capita job productivity

Once again, every administration due to increased technology enjoys higher productivity. This has been true for Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, and now Bush.

However, with Bush it has yet to translate to higher median wage growth.

Those are three measures. So your "any measure" was wrong. Furthermore, Clinton had a republican congress that gets half the credit. We'll se how the current congress fares.

We had the same Republican congress for 6 years under Bush. I think that pretty much shows who gets the credit.

The Liberal

Free, Free At Last

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luke 4:18

The Price

No Shame

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2

Heavenly Welfare

Whosoever

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

Food Stamps

God's Gift

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:8

Need Vouchers

Cry Help

And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
Mark 9:24

This Message Brought To You By The Word Of God

"Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven."

Matthew 6:10

Maranatha!

Hallelujah!

Love, Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

2000 1004.5

2001 994.3

2002 858.3

2003 793.7

2004 809.0

2005 927.2

2006 1,049.0

Forrestkc,

Would you happen to have to those figures for 1988-1999? Do they account for cost of living and rises/drops in income averages? Maybe we should see the percentages in relation to household incomes. I am not predicting anything. I'm just curious to know how they compare.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

She comes across to me as shrill, fake, pandering (which turns me WAY off), cold, UNcompassionate, cold, calculating, willing to step on anyone to get what she wants, untrustworthy, dishonest, a liar, anyone but who she tries to make herself look like, and downright dangerous. She always has, as first lady, too. And NOT just because she's a Democrat, either. It's just how she strikes me. I see right thru her.

This sounds like man in general...thank God for Christ. Kat..I love you sis, but your focus becomes off when you begin to talk about politics.

How so? As I said, this is just how she strikes me and always has. She can't hide her true colors. And add another one: controlling.