kat8585

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Wow, you have a lot of nerve using Media Matters as a source. Media Matters exsists solely to discredit anybody with a conservative viewpoint! Burning Ember, are you one of the hundreds of college interns they use to sit through hours and hours of conservative talk radio and TV shows and take things out of context? Media Matters is the most biased subscriber-based website I've ever seen. How lazy do you have to be to get your info from them??

Yes, Media Matters was founded by a former conservative hack to expose the activities of current conservative hacks. However, are you asserting that their claims about O'Reilly are wrong?

Is there indeed a "Paris Business Review"?

Its rather hard to falsely smear people when you have video or audio of them lying.

Media Matters is biased in that it only exposes conservative lies and misinformation. Its not biased in that it lies about conservatives lying.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Y'all are still arguing about this....? ;)

t.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

Ted, political standpoints do not equal disreputability.

Your argument is fallacious and without basis. Check Numbers 1 and 33 on this list of logical fallacies.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Axxman, do you know what logical fallacies are? Here is one you should stop using.

Quit poisoning the well and try addressing what was said. Bill O'Reilly has made up and/or flat out lied plenty, but that doesn't mean every time he opens his mouth he is a dirty lying scoundrel. Your post is not a properly constructed argument.

Freedom, of speech and action are some core American values. When a friend of mine got banned from the U.S. under threat of full body cavity search and detention at Gitmo for cooking food for the homeless and writing poetry critical of the Iraq war, that is indicitive of Fascist behaviour on the part of the Administration... He isn't allowed to publish much of his poetry critical of U.S. policy in America.

[sarcasm]

Because remember kids, when the homeless are fed and theere is freedom of speech, the terrorists win!

Because everyone knows that happy homeless people and artistic expression is EXACTLY what Osama wants! You don't want that to happen, now, do you?

[/sarcasm]

But seriously, when fascist elements in a government emerge, the first things to go are artistic expression and rights to protest in a non-violent manner.

I poisoned the well? I would think that Doug Thompson has done a pretty efficient job of poisoning his own well by making himself unreputable. The guy makes up sources and stories..thats a fact. This is the same guy that had an 'unnamed" source tell him that Hillary Clinton was a lesbian...c'mon, even I don't believe that. Don't you think if there was a SHRED of evidence on this that some more reputable news sources would have picked up on it?

As far as your point about Freedom of Speech, action, expression...etc. I enjoy those freedoms in a limited way. I do not 'hold' them on a pedestal. I believe in limits. I believe there are FAR WORSE things to lose than artistic expression.

BTW...how can your friend get banned for feeding the homeless and poetry...but we still have those annoying Dixie Chicks flying around...lets get them banned too.

I poisoned the well? I would think that Doug Thompson has done a pretty efficient job of poisoning his own well by making himself unreputable. The guy makes up sources and stories..thats a fact. This is the same guy that had an 'unnamed" source tell him that Hillary Clinton was a lesbian...c'mon, even I don't believe that. Don't you think if there was a SHRED of evidence on this that some more reputable news sources would have picked up on it?

As far as your point about Freedom of Speech, action, expression...etc. I enjoy those freedoms in a limited way. I do not 'hold' them on a pedestal. I believe in limits. I believe there are FAR WORSE things to lose than artistic expression.

BTW...how can your friend get banned for feeding the homeless and poetry...but we still have those annoying Dixie Chicks flying around...lets get them banned too.

Yeah, because, you know, the artistic expression wasn't so much the loss of freedom as the whole being threatened with Gitmo.

If it was your freedom of speech, expression, and living, and you were threatened with Gitmo, I'm sure you would be much more concerned about losing freedom.

Regardless, your argument is fallacious. Just because Bill O'Reilly made up those things I posted above doesn't mean he is full of poo all the time, does it? :cool:

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Yeah, because, you know, the artistic expression wasn't so much the loss of freedom as the whole being threatened with Gitmo.

If it was your freedom of speech, expression, and living, and you were threatened with Gitmo, I'm sure you would be much more concerned about losing freedom.

Regardless, your argument is fallacious. Just because Bill O'Reilly made up those things I posted above doesn't mean he is full of poo all the time, does it? :24:

Hmmm...Bill O'Rielly is mostly liberal so I'm not really sure how I can disagree with you. I don't like O'Rielly...I don't read his books anymore...nor watch anything he says or does. If you say he's a liar...fine. I think that Media Matters is a lying liberal organization so I am kinda confused as to how two liberal entities got in the business of pointing out each others lies...but I'm glad they are exposing each other. Media Matters is so full of garbage they don't even realize they are attacking one of the biggest libs on FoxNews...lol.

Sure...I am concerned about losing freedom...thats not my point. I don't feel a sense of entitlement to ANY freedom except that which Christ chooses to provide me with. The Bill of Rights makes my life easier..but as a Christian I don't feel any sense of entitlement to it.

If you want to prove my argument fallacious you need to stop trying to prove that O'Rielly lies. What you need to do is show that O'Rielly tells the truth, inspite of his lies...which is what you wish me to believe about Doug Thompson. Since O'Rielly is a liberal it might be easy for you to find a totally unverifiable 'nugget of truth' that Bill O'Rielly obtained from several mysterious sources...lol.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Y'all are still arguing about this....? :24:

t.

:24: As long as the thread is open...

Actually Bill O'Rielly isn't much of a liberal. He is "an avowed traditionalist", and constantly spouts about the evils that liberals and secularists bring upon the world. He thinks people should just "shut up" and follow the President, and not comment negatively on the Iraq War. He is/was a Registered Republican, and I'm almost positive votes Republican.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Actually Bill O'Rielly isn't much of a liberal. He is "an avowed traditionalist", and constantly spouts about the evils that liberals and secularists bring upon the world. He thinks people should just "shut up" and follow the President, and not comment negatively on the Iraq War. He is/was a Registered Republican, and I'm almost positive votes Republican.

In his book The O'Reilly Factor, he answered the question of his political affiliation this way: "You might be wondering if whether I'm conservative, liberal, libertarian, or exactly what... See, I don't want to fit any of those labels, because I believe that the truth doesn't have labels. When I see corruption, I try to expose it. When I see exploitation, I try to fight it. That's my political position."

However, Bill O'Reilly acknowledged that from 1994 until December 2000 he was a registered to vote as a Republican when the Washington Post was about to expose his party registration. O'Reilly said it was the result of a clerical mistake, which has since been corrected, and he is now a registered independent. "I've always been an independent," he says. "I always split my ticket. I vote for the person I think is best."

>>LINK<<

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

constantly spouts about the evils that liberals and secularists bring upon the world.

And thats the truth