Sinnner Saved by Grace

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Hello! my name is ray and I'm a sinner saved by grace. Although I was brought up in a christian home I did not maintain my christian path. I have since realized my wrongs and my sins and sought out the help I needed to change my ways and get back on the path of righteousness. I have not committed this paricular sin in over 5 years now and I'm thankful for being able to live one day at a time. I have even become willing to share my testimony of change with those willing to listen however there is a price to pay for sharing. Some people have accepted me and loved me while others have rejected me. The hard part I'm dealing with now is those who have accept me back and love me don't want me to serve in certian ministries of the church. Although not everyone knows of my past how can I serve the Lord now when I'm denied service in the church when the service is something I do on daily basis for normal work?

This is something I have been praying about for few weeks now. I willing to accept either yes or no answers but the pain hurts that I can not do what I love in service to Lord. Although I know there are other ministries that I can get involved with it won't be the same.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

My first thought would be why wouldn't it be the same serving God in other ministries?

My first thought would be why wouldn't it be the same serving God in other ministries?

I could probably have the same experience in other ministries, however, the other ministries would not be my primary talent and i have always been in this ministry ever since I can remember and I'm not sure what to put my focus on since I have been presented with a road block. If God is closing this the door to this ministry for me I'm not sure why yet and that is why I have been praying about it. Normally when asked to help out I jump right in but now i have to reconsider because someone thinks I'm no longer spiritually fit for this ministry because I lived of life of imperfections. Even though I have done everything I know how to restore myself to a path of righteous living.

So perhaps it is time expand my talents but I'm not sure where the need is that I would fit into.

I could probably have the same experience in other ministries, however, the other ministries would not be my primary talent and i have always been in this ministry ever since I can remember and I'm not sure what to put my focus on since I have been presented with a road block. If God is closing this the door to this ministry for me I'm not sure why yet and that is why I have been praying about it. Normally when asked to help out I jump right in but now i have to reconsider because someone thinks I'm no longer spiritually fit for this ministry because I lived of life of imperfections. Even though I have done everything I know how to restore myself to a path of righteous living.

So perhaps it is time expand my talents but I'm not sure where the need is that I would fit into.

Although our situations are different, in some ways they are the same. I also am at a place where there are plenty of what looks like road blocks and closed doors. (I still bang on a few now and again :emot-handshake: ) The only thing I can suggest is keep doing what you know is the right thing right now -- going to church, time in God Word (lots), and in prayer (even more!). Make use of the prayer facility here, if you like. Better find a couple of folks at your church that all of you can agree in prayer together. Two or more believers agreeing together in prayer can be a VERY powerful thing.

With that said, I'll admit that I'm doing these things, but I don't have an answer yet. It's been about 4 years and I still don't know what the Lord wants me to do for the Kingdom, or for a new career so that some debts from my past life can be paid off. God is faithful, and He does have a plan for each one of His children (Jer 29:11) -- so don't give up. Jesus will show you what He wants you to do in His time.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/24/1982

Ray this is a decease we all suffer from when come to the Lord and desire to serve Him. People read what paul said in Corinthians with exception......

Paul said, if a man is in Christ he is a new creation the old has gone behlod the new has come. But how of our Christian leaders do really practise this..... :24: But keep the faith and hold your head high. It's hard but hang in there, don't let what people do or say discourage you.

It's in my heart that those who lead would lead faithfully without favoritism or discrimination. It's the Lord's church after all, Phil 1:6 wouldn't be there if it was man's church.

Thanks for responses I have been doing lots of prayer and trying to listen what God has to say on this matter. No matter the outcome I pray that I can live with either answer.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Hello! my name is ray and I'm a sinner saved by grace. Although I was brought up in a christian home I did not maintain my christian path. I have since realized my wrongs and my sins and sought out the help I needed to change my ways and get back on the path of righteousness. I have not committed this paricular sin in over 5 years now and I'm thankful for being able to live one day at a time. I have even become willing to share my testimony of change with those willing to listen however there is a price to pay for sharing. Some people have accepted me and loved me while others have rejected me. The hard part I'm dealing with now is those who have accept me back and love me don't want me to serve in certian ministries of the church. Although not everyone knows of my past how can I serve the Lord now when I'm denied service in the church when the service is something I do on daily basis for normal work?

This is something I have been praying about for few weeks now. I willing to accept either yes or no answers but the pain hurts that I can not do what I love in service to Lord. Although I know there are other ministries that I can get involved with it won't be the same.

I suggest you study the Bible yourself to see what God's requirements are for those who serve in certain ministries. It's quite possible that these leaders are right in not allowing you to fill some capacities. Understanding what the Word says about it should help you in dealing with their response to you.

I suggest you study the Bible yourself to see what God's requirements are for those who serve in certain ministries. It's quite possible that these leaders are right in not allowing you to fill some capacities. Understanding what the Word says about it should help you in dealing with their response to you.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Thanks smiles that is a good suggestion but where would I begin because all the ministries we have today did not all exisit in Bible times. I don't even remeber coming across scripture where it indicates about different ministries to be involved in the church.

However i have since spoken with the person I needed to on this issue and I got the answer I was sure he was going to give me which was no.

So my new problem is on how do you handle the no answer? when you where hoping for the yes answer. Since the answer was no I now have to look at other ministries I could get involved with but i don't know where to begin.

Well what are the ministries you are talking of? And I would imagine any ministry where you are in any sort of leadership position, you should have to meet the requirements of a deacon or elder in the epistles.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,867
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  228
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

I am not sure you want to hear this but please belive me it is said in love :)

throughout your post it has appeared to me that you are more concerned with what YOU want to do and in proving that you have overcome whatever temptation led you to sin in the first place. So in order to "prove " it to yourself? others? you are desperate to place yourself in the position of temptation again :24:

Sorry but one of the earliest and most powerful prayers we use asks that "we are not led into temptation "

Perhaps instead of feeling disapointed and lost because you cannot do what you want to do ...even if in your opinion you are very good at it ( and no I am not doubting you ) ..... look at what else is needed to be done and what God is asking you to learn to do.

If we only do that which we feel we are good at how do we then learn :)

If what we are doing is something that we do not have to struggle to do how do we empathise with those that do have to struggle :24:

You have asked for advice...my advice is to stop trying to open a door that God has closed and look for the doors that others are reluctant to open but need work

Praying that you find that which the Lord has in mind for you without too many more "rejections" from your own heart :taped: